Strongest Combo in game

+
Strongest Combo in game

I was thinking if I should even post it to not see another Radovid'ish copycat rise but we are in closed beta and there's no sense in keeping stuff to ourselfs. What I'm speaking about is the combo put out with Letho and Dimetirium Bomb with Calveit as Leader. I know of no other combo that reliably and constantly swings the board by 100 points (that is, opponent loses 50, you win 50) in round two, it's just silly and there is almost nothing the opponent can do against it. Let him devour as high as possible his creatures or let your opponent level 3 Axeman as high as possible. Put Letho on the row, eat/banish his strongest creatures, Dimetirium Bomb him an everything remaining on the row and then get him to your side with Calveit.

I tried hard to make NG work on Rank 9 and failed miserably, lost match after match until I discovered this combo. Now the only thing which can hurt me is Weather if I am not careful, meaning no CA and/or no Blizzard Potion in hand. Scorch and the like are usually used before on any of the +12 units I've put out earlier so this combo is almost a sure win. Thanks to crazy deck thinning and Stefan Skellen you can be sure to pull of the combo in every match.

What are your thoughts on that? I'd be very suprised if it does not get nerfed somehow, like Letho getting banished when loosing gold. Do you know any similar combo with such a huge and reliable effect?

Well someone tried that tactic against my Morvran deck and I simply made Letho my loyal with Decoy. Of course it was a net strength loss on my side but my remaining units and cards in my hand already had enough juice to go on.

Also Xarthisius can hard-counter Stefan Skellen by simply putting that card to the bottom.

And Monsters could consume the D-bombed Letho.

All in all this combo is slower then Letho-Twisted Mirror combo but more reliable.

Used it with Treason instead of Calveit
Used it with Yen and Twisted Mirror

I don't think it is that strong. Takes up to three cards to pull the combo off which are expensive cards (except for the d-shackles variaton), which you can't use until you wanna play that combo. It's still counterable with weather, Scorch, Igni, Borkh, or if you see it coming, Vilgefortz or Ambush cards that prevent specials ( d-bomb,.shackles, treason) and it usally gives the opponent card advantage.

edit:
and if your playing against a control deck, they don't generate high numbers themself, which makes 3 cards for that combo not that good. I tried it with spy buffing. Play my spies, buff them on the enemy side and if I used Calveit before ( what didn't happen that often) regather them with Letho and pull him back with Treason. Overall, I think Moorvhis + deck thinning, cahir and cows is better than any possible spydeck

Last edited:
Yes as I said, even when opponent manages do get rid of Letho he still lost all the effort he has put into the round. Also whenever I play spies at end of 2nd round I am already near 60-70 points without Letho, his just making things final. And no, Mirror is not a good idea because chances are very high that it will target one of the many 2STR spies on the opponents side, not to mention several 1STR resurrection units or units under Weather. Yes you need three cards for that but I am not lying if I say I could pull it off in every single match, it's not hard to get the cards needed. And the win is an almost sure thing so I think the effort is justified.

I also don't get why everyone is so afraid of the cows, by rank 6 onwards your units have been victim to Scorch and Igni so many times that you wouldn't put multiple units with the same power on the same row anymore. With NG in particular, so what? Thanks to medics you can buff your units with 12 points 6 times in two rounds, I don't care if one falls victim to a cow. And Letho will take care of the rest - who btw hasn't seen a Scorch in over ~15 matches for reasons I stated in my OP ;)

Shirru and the like (once more ST...) are the only cards succesfully preventing the combo but as was said, Letho does not profit hugely from power against control decks anyways. But it has other uses, like eating up units that ST likes to replay, so it's still very useful, you don't even need to complete combo (which is what I do when there's an ambush card lying around).

Lastly, I didn't chose the thread title to argue that it is the most unbeatable combo, just that it is the one with the biggest swing in strength.

[EDIT] just saw Letho for the first time turned against me in round 2 because of an error I made in round 1: Freaking Kayran ate him after D'Bomb :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom