Strongest SK Leader combo?

+
2 axemen + Harald does not thin and only gives 15 + 9 + 9 = 33, increasing by 3 every turn. However axemen can't be pulled by marching orders/adc and can be denied a lot easier. I was looking for a tempo play, and axemen are pretty much the opposite of tempo.

Firekangaroo;n9572381 said:
2 axemen + Harald does not thin and only gives 15 + 9 + 9 = 33, increasing by 3 every turn. However axemen can't be pulled by marching orders/adc and can be denied a lot easier. I was looking for a tempo play, and axemen are pretty much the opposite of tempo.

Oh, I'm still new to this. May I ask what is thinning tempo?

Thinning = reducing the amount of cards left in your deck so you can get the important cards more reliably, Crach pulls one card, pirate discards 2 cards, so there's 3 cards left in the deck.
Tempo = play a lot of poits in few cards to get ahead of your opponent so he can't get a good pass

The word Tempo comes from MTG (tho I suspect most people have heard the word from HS players/streamers) and in Gwent there is no such thing because there is no curve to follow when playing your cards.
You achive tempo by playing your cards when its most optimal to play them, for exapmle you play your 1 mana card on turn 1 and then your 2 mana card on turn 2 and so on (and all these cards have to be proactive as well) and the decks that do this are usually Aggro and Midrange (2 archetypes that dont exist in Gwent) and since there is no card cost and you can just play any card whenever you want Tempo doesnt exist in this game.

Last edited:
Shuls02

Tempo and Midrange do not exist in Gwent in the traditional sense, but those concepts have found their own meaning within Gwent.

Top Bottom