Stuck a Loading screen for Panam/Hellman quest

+
I'm at the part of the main quest where I talk to Panam at the garage, after I helped her get her truck back and kill Nash and his gang. After the briefing, whenever I hop into the truck, just before it leaves the garage, I would get a loading screen. I am then stuck there as the progress bar never goes over 10% and I get the spinning wheel. I've already verified by game files on GOG, but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything. I've not run into any other problems prior to this. Not sure if this has anything to do with the new Nvidia driver I just downloaded.

My Game is running off an M2 NVME SSD, and the load times are normally only a few seconds. Driving sequences have also never had any issues before.

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm at the part of the main quest where I talk to Panam at the garage, after I helped her get her truck back and kill Nash and his gang. After the briefing, whenever I hop into the truck, just before it leaves the garage, I would get a loading screen. I am then stuck there as the progress bar never goes over 10% and I get the spinning wheel. I've already verified by game files on GOG, but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything. I've not run into any other problems prior to this. Not sure if this has anything to do with the new Nvidia driver I just downloaded.

My Game is running off an M2 NVME SSD, and the load times are normally only a few seconds. Driving sequences have also never had any issues before.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hey I'm having the same exact issue, I just verified my game files too and that didn't help. This is a very annoying bug, I'm basically soft locked out of this quest now completely. Did you manage to fix it by any chance?
Post automatically merged:

Hey I figured out to fix it, basically load a save that is before you got to the garage. Then do all the dialogue again and then get in the car, this time it should load.

Hey I'm having the same exact issue, I just verified my game files too and that didn't help. This is a very annoying bug, I'm basically soft locked out of this quest now completely. Did you manage to fix it by any chance?

Hey I figured out to fix it, basically load a save that is before you got to the garage. Then do all the dialogue again and then get in the car, this time it should load.

Made a bug report on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kamhts/_/gfgih4n

Last edited:
Just ran into this same problem, I have a save from right before I laid down in Sunset Motel that I loaded back into but it does the same thing. Freezes up on a black loading screen with a progress bar in the top right that's stopped.

Hi!

Same problem here. I tried to load a previous save and do the dialogue one more time without luck.
Any other idea to resolve the issue? Maybe a workarround?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings from spain!

Hi!

Same problem here. I tried to load a previous save and do the dialogue one more time without luck.
Any other idea to resolve the issue? Maybe a workarround?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings from spain!

Do you have a concurrent quest with Takemura? Do that one first then come back. It fixed it for me.

Hi i'm stuck too at the same point, get in the car and an infynite loading screen.

I'll try to do takemura's quest first...

Edit : Well just did a side quest next to it before get in the car and it's fixed

Last edited:
Same issue here. Would get a loading screen that hung after only a slight bit of movement, just as we were exiting the garage.

Went and did a side quest (radio tower) and came back and it was fine (no loading screen at all?!)

I had the same issue. The game would get stuck loading after getting in the car in the Lightning Breaks mission. I had to restart using a prior game save and then it worked. Not sure if it mattered but I chose different dialog options. Running v1.05 on Steam, RTX 3080, Intel i7-9700K, 32GB rAM.

- Did I side quest, didn't fix it.

- Scanned folders, didn't fix it.

- Old save, didn't fix it.

- Different conversation options, didn't fix it.

3080 1.0.6 on GoG

Same issue. If I get into the car, the car moves "20cm" and then I get a never ending loading screen.
I've tried;
-Loading old save.
-Loading very old save...
-Other quest.
-Other main quests.
-Standing on one leg, while reciting Geralt (The witcher 3, wild hunt):
"A master monster slayer In the world's largest city... Looking For Rat Sh!t... Sheesh"

Nope, nothing works...

Worked just fine on my first playthrough (1.01-1.04) but I invited my friend to play and maybe buy the game from himself if he likes the game. With 1.06 there seems to be absolutely no way to get past this. We tried loading earlier save, very old save and grind through yet to see the same stuck loading screen. Tried do side missions first, tried loading again, again and again. Its definitely stuck and soft locked. You maybe ques he dose not wan't to buy the game.

This is a hard plotstopper. Something the game should not have shipped. Maybe 1.06. introduced it, currently download 1.05 via GOG Galaxy to check that. I tried all the workarounds from here and from reddit, nothing works, so reverting back to the old version is my only hope.

This'll take half of the day, of course. 49 gb to download. And after that...again. Since I would want to go back to 1.06 I guess.

This is just great. I think this is the biggest plotstopper bug I encountered in a decade or so.

/edit:

Was able to work around it in the end. A mod (just an ini mind you) might have played a role or at least "helped" trigger what is otherwise a vanilla bug. General rule of thumb is of course to temporarily disable or uninstall any mod you currently use when running into bugs like this.

A combination of saving then loading right before you enter the garage might play a role as well es dialog options. Going straight for the answers that forward the dialog, avoiding blue sub-questions and not using skill-based yellow answers does help.

In the end I was even able to go through the dialog with all the answers I dialog options I wanted, including blue answers and skill based ones and not encounter the bug again. Randomness, the best part of a plotstopper bug I guess. :D

Last edited:
Also stuck with vanilla 1.0.6 no mod installed.

Also stuck with vanilla 1.0.6 no mod installed.

Get it to work by loading a save before the drink at the bar with Panam and go strait to the point without any save.

Last edited:
I found a weird solution to this, loaded an earlier save and tried that but with no luck, however I noticed that there's a [C} to skip prompt that sometimes comes up just after you get in the car, before that load screen. So as soon as you get in the car, keep hitting C as fast as you can, before the load screen can appear, and (somehow) it will pass the load screen quickly and resume. I just rechecked and that's worked for me again.

Top Bottom