Stuck at final boss who kills in 2 hits. Any tips?

+
Stuck at final boss who kills in 2 hits. Any tips?

I don't normally make threads looking for help, but I've been at this for 5 hours now. I've looked up so many strategies, and nearly everyone hardly gives advise because they think he's easy. Ho-ho, they haven't fought him on Death March in New Game Plus. Lemme tell ya, I though Imerith was hard, but I learned his pattern real quick and beat him on my second try. Eredin, a COMPLETELY different story. At least with Imerith, you can kind of predict where he's going to strike, with Eredin, it's completely random. And, with Eredin, he will chain attack, and with two hits YOU'RE DEAD. I think I've permanently damaged my larynx with this fight.

Now, I've spent the last 2 hours trying to defeat him with the Archgriffin Decoction (which will take away 10% of his health with one strong attack, but taking away your stamina). Much faster to kill him this way, but that lack of stamina kills you because I can hardly ever cast Quen. And whenever I do fail to cast Quen, he 2 shots me, and game over screen for the 250th time.

I really want to put this game on my shelf and consider it beaten until the expansions come out, but of course, this has to be the final thing holding me back.

Any help to avoid this two hit kill conundrum will be greatly appreciated.

My gear is Mastercrafted Legendary Wolven Armor, and I am level 62. I doubt armor makes much of a difference if he kills me with two hits with mastercrafted armor on.

if eredin kills you so fast, yo'ure certainly ding somethng wrong, level up, get better gear, use oils, use potions, use bombs, use the signs, use quen always and also use other signs,dodge, don't roll and just keep triying

It's possible to lower his health to zero in the first phase before he uses portal, then the whole second phase is skipped. Happened to me in my NG+ on Death March. I was farming enemies during the battle (they keep coming the whole time) to get to level 63 I think when they became grey and no longer give XP so I was using Delayed Recovery with all potions (but no god mode). I forgot to change it back before cut-scene so I just used Whirl with infinite stamina from Blizzard potion and I was able to push him into the corner. Normally he blocks every hit but after he got into corner at some point he couldn't block it so I lowered his health to zero, stopped, then the cut-scene he goes to the portal, second phase starts and immediatelly ends and he goes back on ship with low health. It's lame, but you could try it to just skip this part and move on. There's always more lame way with god mode.

Or try to use heavy armor for better resistance, Protective Coating skill and Griffin decoction. Undvik or Ursine armor should work great, providing resistance close to 100%.

I used combat build focused on the fast attack side of the tree. As soon as the sequence started I hit Quen then went straight at him with sustained whirl attacks & when my Quen shield broke & I was almost out of energy I just took Superior White Raffords decoration when it was low as that kept giving me a full bar & temporary immunity from his attacks so I just kept hitting him with more whirl attacks the whole time. He didn't last long against my onslaught & was dead before the second sequence started so it was just a matter of diving for the portal.

Whats the decoction that restore ur health when u consume stamina? That might be useful but the combat might last long.

Archgriffin dection. And you need white raffard and swallow in your pockets. Make sure you fix your swords and gear before the battle. I never had a problem with the final boss, but I did get my ass kicked a few times (DM) by the crones. Like one poster allready said, you're doing something wrong. Strange that you got all the way to the final boss without good gear and a great set-up.
btw maybe you should watch some videos on youtube on how to get a good set-up and a good strategy on how to fight the final boss.

All right, I went to bed last night (or rather this morning), woke up, changed a few things around and successfully beat him on my first try. It wasn't my technique, it wasn't my armor. I will was (kinda) my build, but I never noticed this until last night. I will go ahead and post my findings in case anyone has trouble on Eredin on New Game Plus Death March.

I was level 62, so that allowed me to be battle, sign and potion built. With that, he can kill you in two hits regardless (at least from my experience and with mastercraft legendary wolven armor, fully upgraded). By changing a few things around with mutagens, then I was able to make it to where he kills me in 6 hits rather than 2.

I reserved two mutagen slots for potion, one for battle and one for signs. Remember, we're using the Archgriffin Decoction method which kills him with 10 strong attack hits, so most of what is in battle is deemed useless. Since we're only using Quen, the rest are useless. So, for battle, I used Battle Trance and Defense while dodging. Signs I put all Quen. With Brewing, I used Brewing, and Mutagen, which will raise our toxicity level significantly. By using greater green mutagen for bonuses, each mutagen gives +900 Vitality. So, that gives us 1,800 vitality extra. That's how we are able to take those 4 extra hits.

Now, we're going potion crazy without overdosing. Use Archgriffin Decoction, Superior Blizzard, Superior Full Moon, Superior Maribor Forest and Superior Tawny Owl. This will have your stamina meter refilling like crazy, allowing Quen to be cast as quick as possible, even after consuming your stamina with a strong attack. Plus, you should still be able to use Swallow if you put the points into your potion build.

Only other advise I can give is watch his pattern carefully and try not to get stuck in his combo or it will be game over before you have a chance to blink. Also, those shockwaves can be one-hit deaths a lot of the time, so watch out for those.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help me. I greatly appreciate it!

But a few things I wanted to add to make it seem like I wasn't using bad gear or a bad build. My level was 62, and the requirement for 63 was 10,000. That's crazy, and there's no way to grind that without it taking absolutely forever. I was battle, sign, and potion build. I looked up several tutorials on the ones to use. Also again, gear was mastercrafted legendary wolven armor. Its requirement was level 62, so not much better you can get at level 62.

I just personally think Eredin received a massive boost in regards of attack for New Game Plus.

Last edited:
btw does the Wild Hunt falls under the Nonhumans or monsters category? I need to know which resistance is more important when fighting them.

Reading those threads makes me realize that I'm a very casual gamer lol

I'm beating the game for the 3rd time (now on NG+) on normal difficulty and I'm suffering to kill normal monster sometimes haha and contracts are even worst...

Congratulations for everyone that beat this game on Death March, for real, you guys are really MAD!

I've read from several sites that they are elemental. So, elementa oil would work best.
elemental eh? ok got it thanks! i also found the screenshot that proves it. :)

Attachments

• wild-hunt-scree.jpg
    wild-hunt-scree.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Quen, duck, dip, dive and Quen.

Also he telegraphs massively, you should be able to see long before he attacks so you should be able to simply roll out.

Elementia oil for the Hounds of the Hunt.

Unsure what oil affects Aen Elle - Hanged mans venom?

Bombs are your friend, they are the best piece of equipment IMO.

The devs just chose elemental oil because it makes the gameplay sections with the Hunt more comfortable. Most of the time the warriors are followed by the ice dog thingies ....

But I would definitely like to see a patch or a mod that corrects this "mistake" and makes the Wild Hunt warriors susceptible to Steel and Hanged Man's Venom. It would work perfectly with the no unsheathing mod.

Last edited:
On New Game +, I found the Elementa Oil carried little effect toward Eredin and was barely noticable. Unless you are potion build and have points counted towards oils, I wouldn't even worry about it. I didn't bother with my fight.

There are other strategies to Eredin, such as casting Igni on him while his frost armor is active, but this is only if you are not using the Archgriffin Decoction. After that, he should take more damage. There's also the whirl fast attack that should interrupt his combo and do some damage before he teleports. I've seen a combination between fast and heavy attacks work well too. However, on my first playthrough, Eredin was a joke and I found myself mocking the fight. But, these strategies are best used outside of Death March New Game +, because of the two-hit kill problem.

If you come to that massive problem, just use the strategy I posted earlier. It will take some strain off of your mind rather than waiting for a lucky round of "I hope I don't get stuck in a combo".

Another piece of advise I can give is count how many times he blocks. If you land a hit, then he blocks twice, immediately after he will teleport. So with that, after his second block, be prepared to dodge his combo. I found the best way to dodge his teleport via combo is to wait for him to appear so you know exactly which way to dodge. It may take some time to learn, and it requires split-second reaction time.

---------- Updated at 02:12 PM ----------

But I would definitely like to see a patch or a mod that corrects this "mistake" and makes the Wild Hunt warriors susceptible to Steel and Hanged Man's Venom. It would work perfectly with the no unsheathing mod.

From what I know, the Wild Hunt warriors are wraiths, or rather undead, and silver is used on the undead. The difference (if there is one) between the Wild Hunt warriors and the Aen Elle was not explained very well. Are the Aen Elle undead? Are the warriors Aen Elle? Or are the Aen Elle simply using the undead Wild Hunt warriors? It's a detail I must have missed.

I concluded that the Wild Hunt warriors are wraiths because I've seen through their armor in many cutscenes as if they're bodies were invisible, plus Vesemir said so in the very beginning.

Last edited:
No idea what oil to use against the Wild Hunt Warriors. At least the beastiarium ingame says the Wild Hunt Dogs are vulnerable against construct oil.

btw does the Wild Hunt falls under the Nonhumans or monsters category? I need to know which resistance is more important when fighting them.

I really wish they would classify the elves [Wildhunt], since they ARE HUMANOID, except they all have Darth Vador voices in their helm's [weird, and cool]

But anyway, it seems they have no-weakness [which may make sense since they SHOULD be superior]; they are just 'monsters'

Wild-Hunt dogs are classified as elementals only.

Whats the decoction that restore ur health when u consume stamina? That might be useful but the combat might last long.
Ekhidna Decoction, although I hear it has been nerfed.

---------- Updated at 10:01 AM ----------

On New Game +, I found the Elementa Oil carried little effect toward Eredin and was barely noticable. Unless you are potion build and have points counted towards oils, I wouldn't even worry about it. I didn't bother with my fight.
According to the official guide,Ogrid Oil is best against Imlerith and Eredin.

Top Bottom