Stuck before start, no ''press space to start''

+
After the intro, stuck at this screen, no 'hit space to start' tips.

I searched via google, and someone says press ctrl+space, doesn't work for me.

No mouse cursor.

Only keyboard and mouse plugged.

No mod. Latest driver.

It was fine to play a couple of months before, now this..

Steam edition, verified files. Removed all files under saved game folder.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 107
After the intro, stuck at this screen, no 'hit space to start' tips.

I searched via google, and someone says press ctrl+space, doesn't work for me.

No mouse cursor.

Only keyboard and mouse plugged.

No mod. Latest driver.

It was fine to play a couple of months before, now this..

Steam edition, verified files. Removed all files under saved game folder.
Try going to,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077

Right-click Cyberpunk 2077 folder to go to properties, there, deselect "read only", also for "all sub folders and files", then try to verify your games files again.

If that doesn't work out either, can consider to file a bug report here.

Have you ever use mods in the past ?
Or modifying some game files manually ?
(like for walk or at least, modifying the keybinding)
yes I have, but I had this problem like 2 month before and I deleted the game and the folder and re-instailled.
Post automatically merged:

Try going to,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077

Right-click Cyberpunk 2077 folder to go to properties, there, deselect "read only", also for "all sub folders and files", then try to verify your games files again.

If that doesn't work out either, can consider to file a bug report here.

Holy.................who selected 'READ ONLY'???????????????????? who did it!!!!! it troubled me like half a year.

But it can't be deselected..
I deselected and confrimed, I reopened it again and 'read-only ' is still checked.

I deselected and confrimed, I reopened it again and 'read-only ' is still checked.
Maybe something helpful :)
Cannot change files/folders from "read only"
or
How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows
yes I have, but I had this problem like 2 month before and I deleted the game and the folder and re-instailled.
Ok, so I suppose, it can't remains modified files by mods or by you :(

If you have these files in your Cyberpunk folder (I don't know if it still accurate in 1.3+), you can try to remove them and "re-verifying" your game files.
UserSettings.json
inputUserMappings.xml
(and maybe also options.json)

(by anyway, verifying your game files will create a new "clean" version of these files).

Holy.................who selected 'READ ONLY'???????????????????? who did it!!!!! it troubled me like half a year.

As far as I know, it's normal that game folders are set to "Read only". Guessing, presenting the game's core being protected. I advised you to deselect it, just so to count out any internal components that may be preventing the game from starting. If the folder had already been fully removed, any remnants of previous mods should be removed as well, and the game should just start. So that's rather odd.

If the game also gets stuck starting a brand new playthrough, would again recommend that you file a bug report using the link I send you.

As far as I know, it's normal that game folders are set to "Read only". Guessing, presenting the game's core being protected. I advised you to deselect it, just so to count out any internal components that may be preventing the game from starting. If the folder had already been fully removed, any remnants of previous mods should be removed as well, and the game should just start. So that's rather odd.

If the game also gets stuck starting a brand new playthrough, would again recommend that you file a bug report using the link I send you.
Thanks, last night I tried, deselected read-only, deleted some config file, and reverified and downloaded, still same, stuck at same screen. I'll try the link you sent to submit this problem, thanks for helping!!!

Maybe something helpful :)
Cannot change files/folders from "read only"
or
How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows

Ok, so I suppose, it can't remains modified files by mods or by you :(

If you have these files in your Cyberpunk folder (I don't know if it still accurate in 1.3+), you can try to remove them and "re-verifying" your game files.
UserSettings.json
inputUserMappings.xml
(and maybe also options.json)

(by anyway, verifying your game files will create a new "clean" version of these files).
I tried, they can be redownloaded, but the problem is still exsit.
Thank you!!

Not related to the topic, but Id like to point out the poor UI design that when you launch the game, you have to press "space" three times to get to the game for no particular reason. Why? The first click already should signal that I actually want to start the game. Why two more screens to go through?

DC9V

Forum veteran
@nuke816 One of these steps should help:
  • add an exception for every Cyberpunk 2077 in Data Execution Prevention in your Windows Defender settings
  • Clean-install GPU drivers (not re-install)
  • Try launching Cyberpunk2077 by double clicking its .exe
Not related to the topic, but Id like to point out the poor UI design that when you launch the game, you have to press "space" three times to get to the game for no particular reason. Why? The first click already should signal that I actually want to start the game. Why two more screens to go through?
I don't have this issue. Have you reached out for support?

I only need to press space one time, so I don't quite understand what you mean.
Anyway one, two or three time, it's not the subject of the thread and not an issue ;)
I can quote a bunch of games where your have to press more than 3 times a key after launching the game and start to play it... (and even different keys).

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
Anyway one, twice or three time, it's not the subject of the thread and not an issue ;)
Well, there could have been an issue that causes just a bit of latency on some systems, while causing a total freeze on other systems...

Anyway one, two or three time, it's not the subject of the thread and not an issue ;)
I can quote a bunch of games where your have to press more than 3 times a key after launching the game and start to play it... (and even different keys).
Yeah, I think I know what Bloodartist is talking about. I also have to press it three times and it started when I installed some mods. Probably got to do with a intro skipping mod or something like that. But since this is not a problem for me, I can't be bothered to troubleshoot it :)

I stop off-topic after, if I understand (maybe I'm wrong), you have to press 3 times to play because :
One time for access to the main menu after the intro (Start on Xbox).
One time for choose to "Continue" in the main menu (A on Xbox).
One time for go to the game after the loading screen (B on Xbox).

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.12.06 - 16.07.12.27.png

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.12.06 - 16.07.18.51.png

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.12.06 - 16.07.25.32.png

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.12.06 - 16.07.42.07.png

And then I get into the game. And this after I press "play" from the launcher. I consider this poor UI design. So its five clicks when one or two could be enough.

Last edited:

I found a similar issue, which exactly same with mine(doesn't accept any input from keyboard)

cyberpunk keyboard problem | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

Top Bottom