Stuck in a call with Takemura [Spoilers]

+
After completing the mission prior to Down on the Street I'm stuck in a loop call with Takemura asking two options from the initial calls you can have with him. This seems to happen after getting out of the van with him to meet Okada on jig-jig street. Calling him again to try and force end the conversation doesn't seem to work as he won't answer it, and the dialogue options never go away. Saving then loading it back from the main menu doesn't seem to work either. Anyone know the reason why this happens, or a potential fix? View attachment 11078171
Same. Also happened with Judy. Currently, I cannot make any calls or get Takemura off my screen. May be because I failed to answer within the 1 second the game gives you to answer.
Post automatically merged:

Same. Also happened with Judy. Currently, I cannot make any calls or get Takemura off my screen. May be because I failed to answer within the 1 second the game gives you to answer.
FYI. My issues is happening after 1.10.

Also having this problem.

this game is an absolute mess.

also followed the link posted by a mod to report the bug but can’t see how/where I do that?

Greetings,

Ever since Patch 1.1 came along it ruined my saved games. I was playing on my 2nd run halfway through the game AGAIN, but it seems each time I load a save file and get in the game, I instantly get a call from 'Takemura' and he doesn't speak whatsoever. I tried several previous saved files but unfortunately all of them have the same issue. I hope there is something that I could do that could resolve all of this.

#NIGHTCITYLIVES

Yep, also happening to me on all of my latest save games. I was in the middle of a "brat fight", but after i finished, no matter what i did, i got the call, it auto-answer and then nothing. I was even able to finish a gig, but no talking to NPC with dialogue was possible. No saving game is possible also.

I'm on PC with a i7 7700k and a GTX1080.

Very disappointing this patch, as i have about 40h of gameplay with no perceived bugs on this PC. My experience has been smooth sailing until now. Very sad about the state of this!

Can we have any idea of when a fix for this is released!?? I really DON'T WANT to go back to ANY PREVIOUS save game.

Sad :(

Right, Ive done a risky here.

In order to shut Taka up, i had to use CET mod, pull up the AIO mod, and get the End quest cheat to use, just so i can progress along.

Granted ive botched something by doing this, but damn it, I dont need taka ruining me lol

I have read somewhere that one work around is to load your game and then quickly call someone on the phone before taka calls you. Then when taka calls you’ll get his face pop up still but when you end your original call it will also end taka’s.

only problem is you’d have to do this every time you load thegame until CDPR put out a fix.

I have not tested this by the way - I literally just read it. Going to test tomorrow but if someone tries it let me know how you get on.

Update: tested and does not work

Last edited:
I have read somewhere that one work around is to load your game and then quickly call someone on the phone before taka calls you. Then when taka calls you’ll get his face pop up still but when you end your original call it will also end taka’s.

only problem is you’d have to do this every time you load thegame until CDPR put out a fix.

I have not tested this by the way - I literally just read it. Going to test tomorrow but if someone tries it let me know how you get on.

Lemme try that for ya

Update: no dice

Last edited:
I am running this on Stadia and now all my old Saves are doing the same thing with the call coming in from Takemura and unable to do anything in the game since they launched the new update. I was enjoying this game please fix this quickly.

Been having the same issue since today. Tried possible fixes like going near other gigs to trigger phonecalls, but the mission just start without the phonecall. Trying to call someone before Takemura doesnt work either.

Got to figure how to roll back to 1.06 until they fix it, I guess.

Ah damn it

So theres 2 options, Wait for the devs to fix it or use the end quest cheat using CET:

If use the cheat, its unknown if you get the follow up
journalManager = Game.GetJournalManager() trackedEntry = journalManager:GetTrackedEntry() questEntry = journalManager:GetParentEntry(journalManager:GetParentEntry(trackedEntry)) questEntryHash = journalManager:GetEntryHash(questEntry) journalManager:ChangeEntryStateByHash(questEntryHash, "Succeeded", "Notify")

So it seems if you have it on GOG you can go to the icon next to the play button >manage installation>clear the auto update radio button then click 1.06 and it will re-download and install the game.
No idea if this works on steam or other platforms but at least its something :shrug:

Thanks for this. And thankfully, I use GOG. Reverting now. As nomad NPCs say "What a cluster fuck!"

Hmm, Even when cheating the first part to Taka, It still hangs on the follow up call.

Guess ill wait till theres a fix

*SPOILER ALERT*

I have the 1.1 patch and After meeting with Takemura's friend and doing the mission to get Blue Prints. I'm supposed to wait for his call but when I do get it, he just stares and waits. I can't do anything whilst in the call, can't talk to people, can't proceed with main quests. So far, I haven't found a fix for it.
Restarted the game
Restarted the computer
Forced a respawn
Attempted to wait it out.
Now I'm asking you guys, but I have my doubts anyone else has experienced this :/

I've tried all the tricks and possible fixes with no luck so far either. Running it on Xbox series X. Guess we have to wait until they patch the patch haha. Hope they can get to it soon.

*SPOILER ALERT*

I have the 1.1 patch and After meeting with Takemura's friend and doing the mission to get Blue Prints. I'm supposed to wait for his call but when I do get it, he just stares and waits. I can't do anything whilst in the call, can't talk to people, can't proceed with main quests. So far, I haven't found a fix for it.
Restarted the game
Restarted the computer
Forced a respawn
Attempted to wait it out.
Now I'm asking you guys, but I have my doubts anyone else has experienced this :/

Everyone has the Taka issue! we cant do anything besides waiting for a patch or hotfix
Post automatically merged:

20210124144039_1.jpg

Figured i go see Taka near Wakaka and use the Kill NPCcheat to terminate the call.

Nope, Hes still bugged

Last edited:
OMG I managed to clear this one. I ran around and did a cyberpsycho mission. After it finished, Regina called me and it unblocked everything and I could save the game again. Can't guarantee this will work for everyone but it seems to have worked for me!

Top Bottom