Stuck in a call with Takemura [Spoilers]

+
Just grasping at straws here, but this is an excellent resource for Cyberpunk. Map with a great deal of detail. Search for Takemura or use the NPC filter to find his location (could very well be at a different loc though).

I have the same problem.

Prior to the patch, the quest was showing 'Talk to Wakako' and ' Wait a day for Takemura to call'. I already talked to Wakako, reloaded a save, tried talking to her again, spoke to her over a different quest, but the main quest "Down on the Street" remains with both options.

After the 1.1 patch, I loaded in and immediately got a call from Takemura - no audio from him and the call remained up as per OPs issue. Can't save while this is happening. I went ahead and did a different quest that had Judy call me to be on comms, and the Takemura call ended, allowing me to save at least, and progress other quests, but "Down on the Street" still shows 'Talk to Wakako' and ' Wait a day for Takemura to call'.
:(

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I have the same problem.

Prior to the patch, the quest was showing 'Talk to Wakako' and ' Wait a day for Takemura to call'. I already talked to Wakako, reloaded a save, tried talking to her again, spoke to her over a different quest, but the main quest "Down on the Street" remains with both options.

After the 1.1 patch, I loaded in and immediately got a call from Takemura - no audio from him and the call reamined up as per OPs issue. Can't save while this is happening. I went ahead and did a different quest that had Judy call me to be on comms, and the Takemura call ended, allowing me to save at least, and progress other quests, but "Down on the Street" still shows 'Talk to Wakako' and ' Wait a day for Takemura to call'.
:(
yeah I talked to Wakako before this update and got that part of the quest done completely and then this is now essentially blocking all progression on this save because you can't save in a conversation.

I have the same exact problem. After i killed Placide and talked with Johnny i get the call but he doesnt speak and is on forever.

I have the same issue. Ive tried everything you did and got the same results. Never had a game breaking bug until 1.1. Such a bummer since this was supposed to be a "major update" full of "big fixes". Instead it created the first problem with the game ive ever had. Smh

Being on a ps4 pro I felt very lucky because besides crashes I have not had many problems at all and definitely nothing game breaking or anything preventing a quest from being completed. Well here it is, it finally happened and it makes me sad because having put 500+ hours into this game I can't do anything with this stupid bug in my face. I hope they hotfix this one quickly.

Happened to me too.

I tried and didn't work:

• Starting fights.
  • Starting gigs (hopping for another phone call to come in).
  • Changing time of day from the menu.
I ended up going 2 hours of game time back to the point after you exit the fixer place, waited 24 hours and then the call ended ok.

I'll wait and see if the community comes up with a workaround or if CDPR comes up with a quick hotfix... otherwise I'll continue from the old save.

Being on a ps4 pro I felt very lucky because besides crashes I have not had many problems at all and definitely nothing game breaking or anything preventing a quest from being completed. Well here it is, it finally happened and it makes me sad because having put 500+ hours into this game I can't do anything with this stupid bug in my face. I hope they hotfix this one quickly.
Same man. Ive put about 150 hours in and the most ive had to deal with was a crash here and there. Hoping they fix this ASAP
Post automatically merged:

Happened to me too.

I tried and didn't work:

• Starting fights.
  • Starting gigs (hopping for another phone call to come in).
  • Changing time of day from the menu.
I ended up going 2 hours of game time back to the point after you exit the fixer place, waited 24 hours and then the call ended ok.

I'll wait and see if the community comes up with a workaround or if CDPR comes up with a quick hotfix... otherwise I'll continue from the old save.
Going to try this...

Same man. Ive put about 150 hours in and the most ive had to deal with was a crash here and there. Hoping they fix this ASAP

Going to try this...
It worked but it backs me up quite a bit, may just wait and move on to another game for now

Last edited:
Also running into this. Right after completing the double life mission. Tried reloading and doing the mission over and still running into his face stuck on my screen, staring at me (rude), not saying anything.

View attachment 11151911
Quest: Down on the Street
When I boot up my save I get a call immediately from Takemura and he does not speak. I can't use my phone for any other purpose. He just stays on my screen saying nothing. And the quest. Well you can see what it says there. Any ideas for getting around this bug. Combat does not help... I dont think, I killed a bunch of Tyger Claws and the call did not go away. I could try some NCPD and run away. EDIT: NCPD Killing did not help or make the call go away
EDIT 2: Can't talk to people due to phone either. I will try the sleeping thing rn View attachment 11151947
Another side note while in call you can not use base gameplay mechanics and cybernetic upgrades. Sandevisitan blocked, kreznikov, dodging, double jumping.

I just checked the Patch notes for 1.1 this was supposed to be fixed, when for me now it created an issue. The funny thing is I don't think I ever had the mission bug out and this is playthrough #4. And it was working find in 1.06
  • "Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street."
Exactly the same issue myself after the 1.1 patch

Down on the Street is the mission where Takemura wants you to meet him at the Channel street docks in Japantown.

sometimes when i get a phone call screen or any of the on screen stuff stuck and dont feel like loading an old save i just sleep in V's bed usually works
I drove all the way back to my apartment (since I can't fast travel, either) and I get the message inviting me to press "F" to go to sleep, but repeatedly pressing "F" does nothing. Can't sit on my couch, either.

I never had any problems like this on my first playthrough; this patch really messed things up.

You should send the report to support with the save file: -

More chance of it getting addressed if they can see what's happening versus posting here.
quick question does validating get rid of mod files. The only one I have left in there I think is vehicle handling and based on the driving in game when trying to fix that I think 1.1 reset that .ini file. I have the original 1.06 file from before 1.1 as well at least I think I do. Should I swap that out to verify? then try and verify and go from there. If that doesn't work fill this link out.

Edit: I dont have the original vechinehandeling.ini file so I decided to delete it since I still have modded one so that way when verifying it will give me the original. Beyond that now I have no mods in my game so hopefully verifying it will help. If it doesn't oh whale. Wait for hotfix. Took out cyber engine tweaks once the update happened and I realized it wouldn't work since it only works for 1.06.

Last edited:
Yup, same here, Takemura hanging on the phone, drunk or smthng? ;)
Can't do nothing.
The "F" key function is blocked because of the call.
What not worked:
-restarting game
-loading earlier savegame

I have now a funny situation, Takemura is onthe phone and I am standig next to him ;)

Before the 1.1 patch no big problems on PC.

Attachments

• IMG_20210123_013359_resized_20210123_022824794.jpg
    IMG_20210123_013359_resized_20210123_022824794.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
Everytime my time slows down and i have to hit someone... the game crashes.
I can't have time slow down to test that because Takemura won't stop breaking my game :D:D

Edit: testes a different save file of mine that has sandevistan and slowing time works just fine. have not tried kreznikov but they are the same effect.

Last edited:
I have the exactly the same takemura problem. He just looks on me on the phone not talking. WTF.

This a quality patch from CDPR. Amazing work guys. Seriously wtf is wrong with you?

Top Bottom