Stuck in a call with Takemura [Spoilers]

+
Same issue here. When I stopped playing this afternoon I had just gone to meet Wakako with Takemura, did a couple of gigs, and saved in my apartment. Now when I load that save Takemura immediately calls me, but he just sits on the screen and doesn't speak. Can't use the phone, etc, just like everyone else is reporting. The same quest worked fine on my previous playthrough with 1.06.

For me its just been tons of game crashes when it was smooth before. Wish I could backtrack

Once again, it appears as if they didn't bother doing any testing before releasing the update.

I've been wanting to play since the release of 1.06 but I haven't been able to on the base PS4. At least with 1.06 I could still log into the game even though it would crash after looking at my inventory. Now the game can't get past the first screen.

photomode_23012021_131159.png
photomode_23012021_131430.png

Post automatically merged:

After updating to patch 1.1, textures (road, weapons, walls, etc.) started to disappear. Restarting the game does not solve the problem. The screenshots show a small part.

So it seems if you have it on GOG you can go to the icon next to the play button >manage installation>clear the auto update radio button then click 1.06 and it will re-download and install the game.
No idea if this works on steam or other platforms but at least its something :shrug:

I had this same issue with PC version through GOG. rolling back to 1.0.6. Had no real problems with the game before 1.1

Hi, i have this issue after updating to 1.1 with Takemura calls as soon as the game start, then never talk. he just be on the phone can't choose any option to skip or end the phone call.
Yeah i got the same issue i'm playing on the pc version on steam cant do anything while Tak is still on the phone call. Wish i could roll back!!!

I had this assumption that the 1.1 patch might affect save games. Something a long the line old content/code not being compatible with the new ones and vice versa.
If you can roll back great. Worst case you’ll have to create a new game.

I haven't spoken to Takemura yet on my current playthrough, thank you for the warning so I can ignore him while they get this sorted.

I've loaded my last two saves (the most recent is an hour of gameplay after the previous) and Takemura calls the moment I'm in the world but he won't speak. I can't fast travel or save, either.

I wasn't having any problems with 1.06.

So...?

Have you been using mods or altered the game files in any way?

It's sad that I had no issues with the game but patch 1.1 is live and now I have the same Takemura call in all my saves. There's no way to avoid it and he won't say anything! I'm a good 20-30 hours in. I don't wanna have to start over.

Takemura silent call2.png
I've run into the same issue, found a savegame where Takemura calls and switches the Quest from "Down the Street" to "Gimme Danger". After that call is done, he immediately calls again, all silent.
I've been getting to him, but it's the same as with every NPCs: You can't talk to them, because you're stuck in the call.
Driving to the end of the map isn't helping either btw.
Another thing I was checking: Trying to sleep, but the option is greyed out like NPC-talking. ^^*

Last edited:
Same issue for me.
I've reported the bug using the support page. Let's see if something gets fixed....

PS: Maybe the thread owner should rename the topic to something more useful?

Top Bottom