Stuck in a call with Takemura [Spoilers]

+
Have you been using mods or altered the game files in any way?
Nope, not at all, since the EULA says you can lose your license if you mod the game.

Which is funny because there are hundreds of Cyberpunk mods at Nexus.

So I "fixed" the problem by reverting back to 1.06 (which takes many hours, since you have to redownload the entire game), and initially Takemura wouldn't even call, but after fast-forwarding a week and then doing other missions, he eventually did call.

So the game's working fine now that I'm back in 1.06.

I might be going against the grain here but it looks like every patch introduces more bugs.

I think cdpr bit off more than they can chew by making an everything game. They could have just stuck with open world RPG and left out the other elements like stealth, driving, etc.
The problem is trying to address so many problems in a single patch.

If they issued a hotfix every day or so, which only addressed a couple problems, then it would be much easier to figure out where they screwed up and try again.

Hi guys!

Here's how I got around this bug. You need to call someone right before Takemura calls and is silent (I got a call to Dino Dinovich). While talking to Dino, you will see Takemura in the background. Then you can end the conversation with Dino and here it is - Takemura will also end his call and then call normally. Before that, I still waited 24 hours to make sure Takemura's call was normal.
Hope this helps some of you.

It worked! You're awesome! Thank you!

I tried normally but it didn't work. Here's what I did to specifically trigger it: I was stuck after the Walk the Line mission and walked out of the GIM where Placide's henchman were waiting for the car. I chose to have them drive me. Right after I selected "Get in the car", I quickly called Delamain and the call initiated even through the scene change. It triggered the Takemura silent call and while Delamain was still talking. Once the Delamain conversation stopped, it also hung up Takemura.

Hell yea. Thank you!

Attachments

• DelamainTakemura.png
    DelamainTakemura.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 123
This is really pissing me off, no matter how many side jobs or stuff you do, it never saves.
I loaded a previous save to where Takemura still doesn't bug me, chose Mama Wells mission and headed there but half way through Take calls twice and the second time it's where it stays on the screen preventing any further advance.
No matter what, either he will call after waiting the 24 hours for his phone call and also call immediately after causing the bug or you fast travel to somewhere and upon arrival the bug shows up again. F*** this.
Will they take long to fix this?
Can we get an official comment on this subject, please?

It worked! You're awesome! Thank you!

I tried normally but it didn't work. Here's what I did to specifically trigger it: I was stuck after the Walk the Line mission and walked out of the GIM where Placide's henchman were waiting for the car. I chose to have them drive me. Right after I selected "Get in the car", I quickly called Delamain and the call initiated even through the scene change. It triggered the Takemura silent call and while Delamain was still talking. Once the Delamain conversation stopped, it also hung up Takemura.

Hell yea. Thank you!

Guess ill try that if i can

I was having this issue after the Transmission mission (meeting Alt). After trial and error, the fix was to make a call before getting Takemura's.

Before exiting the hotel, where I talked to Placid, I called Delamain. It made the Silverhand convo not happen and Takemura was on screen, but I was talking to Delamain. The call ended and I was able to do stuff again!
Thank you! This method worked for me as well. Takamura called after that and the Gimme Danger mission started. The CD Project Red people couldn't even figure out this workaround before they fix it. And the way quests and phone calls are implemented in this game is a total mess.

Looks like I'm going to end up never playing this game again, I can't risk wasting another 30 hours and then hitting a silly bug like this again.

Looks like I'm going to end up never playing this game again, I can't risk wasting another 30 hours and then hitting a silly bug like this again.

Im just waiting for a fix, thats all i can do, Im not wasting another 50 hours to re level and re work on Fem Vs relationship with judy!

You can get lucky to repair this, but it's PC specific and requires a mod to work.
If takemura calls you and doesn't say anything there's not much you can do. you can force the call dialogue in a car, but he'll call immediately after and soft lock the game.

Mods needed are Cyber Engine Tweaks and Simplemenu.

I repaired my save by finding a quick save that had takemura call me when I went too far away from my current mission (for me, it was right before the desert heist with panam where you enable the lights). Be sure that the call he first gives you are the dialogue one.

If it is, quick load again, call a fixer that always picks up, I chose Dakota. Run away from the mission you're on while the call is ongoing and takemura will call over Dakota, making it a double call but takemura is silent. End the call with Dakota and answer takemura, wait for the quest down on the street to complete (and he calls again and soft locks the game). Here you go to the quest marker while soft locked. Take the elevator up to the upper floor and take a right where takemura is standing talking to 2 cops. After the stand on the right there's a bench, here you will use the mod and "save location" in the travel section, making a saved teleport location to this place. This is important.

Now load that same file again, call Dakota and while on the call with her teleport to your saved location. While looking at the bench takemura will call you while talking to Dakota. The call prompts are gone, so you need to mouse wheel down and end the call, takemura will call and talk.

After this the bench will have a "wait" prompt and this is why we need to teleport here with the mod. Before the soft lock call starts, press F on the bench to wait and the soft lock call will get cancelled, and you can talk to takemura normally again.

The mod is needed due to you cannot get to the quest objective in time for the soft lock call comes up.

You can get lucky to repair this, but it's PC specific and requires a mod to work.
If takemura calls you and doesn't say anything there's not much you can do. you can force the call dialogue in a car, but he'll call immediately after and soft lock the game.

Mods needed are Cyber Engine Tweaks and Simplemenu.

*Wall of text*

I have those mods, lemme see how i go

Update: No dice for me, and i dont have save teleport spot option on my version at all
Post automatically merged:

HOLY SHIT!
20210125130227_1.jpg

I dont know how this happened but, ill do my best to explain.

Loaded my save where i was located where the Voodoo boys mission at the GIM.

Summoned my car and drove.

Taka called, Got the normal script and his location updated.

Quickly pressed escape to menu > Journal > Tap mission.

Taka called again, I heled down T while driving, It didnt answer the call but dropped the call instead.

Quickyly got to goro and it appears i can do his mission without issues.

Will update shortly

Sucess:
20210125131827_1.jpg

Somehow i broke the bug, by canceling it? im not honestly sure

Update 3:
Woohoo!

20210125133511_1.jpg

I defeated the Takamora bug!

Somehow!:shrug:

Last edited:
I have those mods, lemme see how i go

Update: No dice for me, and i dont have save teleport spot option on my version at all
it's 2 different mods that you need. Cyber Engine Tweak is the mod that allows other mods to get loaded, Simplemenu is the other one which simplifies console commands into a window where you can pick options.

Cyberpunk2077_LxkCxfoM9T.jpg

So the game's working fine now that I'm back in 1.06.

any idea how console player could roleback?... or are we just f*cked till patch 1.2... super annoying that 1.1 brought more and even heavier bugs than it obviously fixed... u can already rename night city to empty-city on consoles now "for performance" boost... lol I dont need performance in a ghost town at all...

Shouldn't have to download mods to fix a major bug... come on, CDPR.

Plus console players are SOL because they can't mod their games.
Post automatically merged:

To be fair I got a slight performance boost when updating to 1.1, and traffic density has not changed, nor has setting been changed.

I have yet to encounter the bug because I'm already right before the point of no return and doing sidequests.

Last edited:
Top Bottom