Stuck in a call with Takemura [Spoilers]

+
Hello chooms I just went back to my Streetkid save, was in Judy's appartment for Double Life. When I get out I got the call from Takemura concerning Down on the street. Problem is, he doesn't talk and I'm stuck in his call, entering combat doesn't end the call. I have another save but 8 levels behind. Can't leave Judy's place to get his call before finishing Double Life... Is there anyway to fix this ?
Post automatically merged:

Not only didn't the last patch fix known bugs like in a Life's Work, but in addition it breaks quests that went perfectly fine before... I'm starting to lose my temper :oops:

Last edited:
I'm dealing with this issue as well, I wait for the patch to install only to load my save to be stuck in a phone call with Takemura. Plus double jump no longer works. What's the point of playing this crap? Oh wait! I can't now. If I had the receipt I would have returned this a month ago.

I have seen posts about bugs like this quite a lot on the forum and I was wondering if there's finally a fix for it. Because none of the threads offer any ideas on how to fix the problem. After finishing the "life during wartime" mission and talking to Johnny I get a call from Takemura that is accepted automatically. He doesn't say anything and just blocks the call screen which means I can't do anything else. I haven't found any ways of avoiding the call or getting rid of the call screen.

Pls Help

Screenshot (22).png

I'm dealing with this issue as well, I wait for the patch to install only to load my save to be stuck in a phone call with Takemura. Plus double jump no longer works. What's the point of playing this crap? Oh wait! I can't now. If I had the receipt I would have returned this a month ago.

Try my method:

After patch 1.1 my game broke!
When entering the game Takemura calls me, doesn't say anything and the call never ends.
Making it impossible for me to do several interactions, save the game and even the double jump is impossible!
I can't keep playing and I don't have a save before the conversation with Wakako.
Over 50 hours of gameplay thrown in the trash!
Does anyone have any tips on how to solve?

I found a cure from a insightful sole on YouTube a few days ago.

Click on a journal task that requires a phone call to someone. Usually a fixer. If you don't have that,
travel to a fixer quest ("?" question mark on your map) when someone calls you it breaks or cancels the Takemura call.
Worked for me.

On a side note; After I patched 1.1 my guy was now naked. I found all his stripped clothes back in the backpack. Loaded some past saves and he loads up naked for about 3 days ago. Weird eh?

I've tried calling someone else, after that conversation ends Takemura calls no matter what. I cannot avoid him from calling, so now I can't play this junk until another patch comes and by that time I'll take this to Gamestop. I have no old saves because I deleted all my auto-saves because they kept getting corrupted when the size became too big.

I think CD posted a temp solution for that problem until they fix it. It has something with leaving wakada office and skipping time. Just look around CD thread.

Click on a journal task that requires a phone call to someone. Usually a fixer. If you don't have that,
travel to a fixer quest ("?" question mark on your map) when someone calls you it breaks or cancels the Takemura call.
Worked for me.

On a side note; After I patched 1.1 my guy was now naked. I found all his stripped clothes back in the backpack. Loaded some past saves and he loads up naked for about 3 days ago. Weird eh?

I tried finding a fixer quest marked with a "?" (don't have any journal task requiring a call) but nobody called, only a new message with the quest specifications arrived and I am still stuck in Takemura's call. Did this twice with the same result so the method may not work anymore.

I tried finding a fixer quest marked with a "?" (don't have any journal task requiring a call) but nobody called, only a new message with the quest specifications arrived and I am still stuck in Takemura's call. Did this twice with the same result so the method may not work anymore.
So sorry to hear that. This bug happened right after I loaded the 1.1 patch. At least they are aware of it. It sure was and is frustrating.

I had to meet with Panam for the Rider on the Storm quest. So despite having Takemura on permanent yet silent call I drove there. Call ended immediately when approaching Panm to talk. Then when asked to follow her I ran out, called Delamain, drove a bit and got the call from Takemura again, this time actually speaking. Seems the problem is solved... for now. Hope something works for you guys.

Worked for me.

This actually worked, finally got past the Takemura bug and managed to talk to him, TYVM! Kudos.
If anyone is wondering how, once you get the silent call pull out your journal and call (in my case I had a due Sandra Dorset phone call) but I imagine if you bring up Delamain it will work the same. Just make the phone call using your journal, select the person you want to call to and on the upper right corner click on her/his photo, the call will got through (eventually).
That is how I managed to get past the infamous Takemura silent call XD
I can finally enjoy the damn game!

Let me share my workaround as well. It is based on a few solution I have read here already, but I tried to be more precise about what needs to be done.

1. Load a save game, that doesnt trigger call right away - I have multiple saves that start call right after I spawn in the game. They are useless for this workaround. You need a save that will start call from Takemura after you will do a few steps

2. Call Judy - ok, so you have loaded a game and you know you will get a call from Takemura after you move a bit. Dont move and call Judy

3. Keep call with Judy active and go to the closest unknow quest that is marked with yellow ? - no need to interact with Judy during the call, just keep it active. Now open map and find closest unknow quest with yellow ? mark. The point is to find a new quest from Regina Jones. Go to the ? mark

4. If the uknown quest updates and you get SMS from Regina Jones, move around a bit and hang up call with Judy - In my experience there are plenty of quests/tasks from Regina so you should not have hard time to find one. What should happen is that when you get close to unknown ? mark, quest should update and you should get SMS from Regina. Now remember, you are still in a call with Judy. After you get SMS from Regina, move a bit for a few seconds and hang up call with Judy

5. After you hang up Judy call, you should get call from Regina as well as Takemura at the same time. Reginas call will be priority and after she will hang up, she will cancel Takemura as well

6. Play the game a bit and you should get another call from Takemura, but this one will be working as intended and will update Takemuras quest

Hopefully this will help you. To sum it up, load the game, call Judy right away, with active Judys call move around the map, find a new quest from Regina and after you get SMS from Regina hang up Judys call - you should get call from Takemura and Regina right away and after you finish this call you will no longer be stucked on call screen. If Regina wont call you after she sends you SMS and you will hang up Judy, repeat 1,2,3 and try to find another Reginas quest/task

None of this works, no mission around the map brings a call from Regina. No matter what I do Takemura calls with silence. Takemura stuck around the whole time with Panam, so that was a waste of time. How do you guys even like this game?

Last edited:
I finally got my Takemura phone call bug fixed. The fix that worked for my scenario was pulled from here and some you tube videos. My fix - I happened to have a game save that had me in the middle of a gig for Dakota, when loading this save the Takemura phone call did not happen right away. When I left the area of the gig I would immediately get the Takemura phone call and be glitched, I remembered where I was when the call happened, it happened in the same spot every time.

So just before I got to that spot I called Judy and then Takemura was also on the call as well but not saying anything. I hung up with Judy and the Takemura phone call ended as well. Then I had to play the game for awhile and bam Takemura called me and had a normal conversation with me, I was able to complete the mission and continue the main story line. If I didn't have that save then I would still be stuck. I hope they get a fix out for the peeps that can't get past this annoying bug.

I finally got my Takemura phone call bug fixed. The fix that worked for my scenario was pulled from here and some you tube videos. My fix - I happened to have a game save that had me in the middle of a gig for Dakota, when loading this save the Takemura phone call did not happen right away. When I left the area of the gig I would immediately get the Takemura phone call and be glitched, I remembered where I was when the call happened, it happened in the same spot every time.

So just before I got to that spot I called Judy and then Takemura was also on the call as well but not saying anything. I hung up with Judy and the Takemura phone call ended as well. Then I had to play the game for awhile and bam Takemura called me and had a normal conversation with me, I was able to complete the mission and continue the main story line. If I didn't have that save then I would still be stuck. I hope they get a fix out for the peeps that can't get past this annoying bug.
Takemura calls me everytime I boot up the game. I don't have chance to react. It's like 1 second after loading a save. Can't do s**t.

I can confirm that if you drive / run around for long enough in places you haven't been, you'll eventually find someone with cyberpsychosis you have to pacify (kill or knock out), after which, the call will drop and everything appears to get back on track. Saving, jumping, grenades, etc. will work again. I've been out of commission since the update. Spent maybe 5 hours running around like a fool just trying different things. Now I can play again.

I can confirm that if you drive / run around for long enough in places you haven't been, you'll eventually find someone with cyberpsychosis you have to pacify (kill or knock out), after which, the call will drop and everything appears to get back on track. Saving, jumping, grenades, etc. will work again. I've been out of commission since the update. Spent maybe 5 hours running around like a fool just trying different things. Now I can play again.
Tried it. Doesnt work for me.

Top Bottom