Stuck in loading Screen

+
Hey Guys,

If I start Gwent I end up on the loading screen with Ciri and Geralt and it keeps loading infinitely. Reinstalled the game and gog 3 time and tried this:
You can access the directory using the Run program command (WinKey+R key combination) and entering:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED\Gwent\

But i still have the problem after the Novigrad Update.
PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 10 (64 bit)
1 TB HDD
PSU: 450 Watt Corsair CX450
8 GB RAM 2400

Can someone help me??

Before, reinstalling the game, try to manually remove the following folders (back up your Thronebreaker save games before that!):
  1. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\CDProjektRED"
  2. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED"

didnt help, i either get the "inventory loading failed" error or the game is loading infinitly. If i try to repair, he is every time downloading the last patch (53mb) an then nothing changed.

Hey 4RM3D,

it does not help. Any other ideas? I can start Thronebreaker or Witcher 3. But not Gwent, want really play the Novigrad Update :(
Edit: Not on may Laptop either, is it a profile issue maybe??

Last edited:
Have the same problem. Did try all mentioned here and I tried to log in from a different internet connection and a different divice.

Had the same issue yesterday, took me about 1-1,5h to login.
Mostly stuck on loading screen, sometimes inventory loading failed.
Now it took around 10 minutes.
Very annoying, hope they can fix this soon.

Same problem here, cant login at all since yesterday..

I contacted them and they replied twice with some technical tips, which unfortunately did not help. Now the last answer was that they are looking into the problem

which technical tips? may they help others :/

Hey Guys,

i got this mail yesterday from support:
Please delete log folders completely from the following locations:

Gwent logs: %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED\Gwent\
GOG Galaxy logs: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\logs

Once completed please do the following:

1. Uninstall both GOG and Gwent
2. Press Win + R and type in "regedit" > hit enter
3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
4. Find and delete CDProjektRed and GOG.com folders
5. Install GOG Galaxy and Gwent
6. Try running Gwent and see if the issue still occurs.
***********************************************************************************
Try this, did not help me :(

I finally did it. Found a post on reddit with the same problem. Where they said that you need a vpn. So tried it with a vpn tunnel and it worked. After than i could play the game normal without a vpn. Idk if i can name the vpn. Hope it will work for you too.

A really sad news.That always happening on the old games which means they 're really belong to the old times.

I have a problem. I have played in the morning without any problems. Now my GOG Galaxy is updated and since then I'm stuck on the loading screen (with Radovid). Any solutions please? (On my other computer I can login without any problems).

EDIT: I can start the game with a desktop icon, but stuck on the loading screen if I start it with Galaxy...strange...

Last edited:
Top Bottom