Stuck in the loading screen

+
Stuck in the loading screen

I was stuck on this screen whilst loading into an Arena match and you can hear the game playing as normal in the background. Game-losing bugs like this occur far too often on PS4 and I'm FED up of it. This game has been in "beta" for well over a year now, there are no excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
devivre;n10700151 said:
Please mind your tone. I understand that some things can be frustrating but still... it's not necessary.

Also, I moved the tread in the appropriate section.

I don't have that issue on PS4 currently, but if it's troubling you please contact CDPR support:
https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Well I appreciate your demeanour. Sometimes I just need to vent but I'll be mindful of your policy next time.

What Changed? (Console)

Last season I played ~300 games and had very few issues (PS4) and this season I am ~30% of the time having game breaking issues in ranked mode. Currently sitting in my 3rd game tonight where I am stuck on a loading screen while I can hear the game playing in the background and being forced to forfeit again. Other times the game will go to the blue screen of doom and other games I will have a card stuck floating when I try to play it and be unable to make any choices and be forced to reach time limit to continue to the next turn (losing a card),

:(

Feel like I should have just played this on PC instead of bothering with buggy console problems but now it is too late to start again.

This is happening to me right now in arena. I can hear my opponent playing cards but I'm stuck in the loading screen so I can't do anything.

This is also occurring for me. It has been happening for about a week off and on but tonight it's HORRIBLE. I lost 2x arena matches to this; submitted tickets for both instances. VERY frustrating. Happens every time I try to play a ranked match, then when I restart and try to find a new match, the game flat out crashes. Joined just to express how horribly this is affecting the game. I've lost probably -80 ranking or more and my arena purchase/time spent building the deck. Hopefully CDPR can resolve this, or Arena and Ranked are almost entirely unplayable.

Update: Literally right after I posted this I had a casual game freeze in the same fashion on me, too. So, that's out the window as well. Now the game is totally unplayable as this is happening every other match.

Last edited:
Reading a lot of the same complaints on reddit (I guess the real gwent forum?) of people saying it has happened 3/4/5 times in a row in ranked for them to get stuck on the loading screen and be forced to quit the match during ranked mode.

Weird because I only have this problem in ranked and casual works fine...

At least I can play Fortnite instead of this bugfest

I’m a PS4 player too. For me less crashes after last patch, before that stability was terrible. Now I sometimes have the blue crash screen or the infinite match-loading screem. But I play less then before, maybe that’s a reason too.

devivre;n10754391 said:
Not sure what the issue is (game works okay for me), but as mentioned before perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the game improves the situation.
Other than that please send a ticket to CDPR support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

ill just stop playing the game until they fix it instead. dozens of people reporting the same problem while they devote all their time to thronebreaker is a lost cause. this meta sucks anyways

Best thing anyone can do is send in Support tickets. While unexpected bugs like this can ruin the fun, let's keep it cool. Problems like this are all part-and-parcel for beta testing.

(Remember, one of the perks of being a public beta tester is unlimited vacation time! :p)

Also -- this might be a good time to install / repair Microsoft Redistributables. Ensure you are running both the x86 and x64 versions of Visual Studio and Visual C++. EDIT: (Associate points out the PS4 element of the PS4 Tech Support thread. Considers this revelation for a time. Decides to concur.) No need bother with Microsoft Redistributables on PS4. :cool:

Last edited:
Unreal another arena run ruined. All 3 losses in a row the loading screen stayed while my opponent played cards. 13 gold cards I had this run.bs

Today the game stuck at loading screen 5 games in a row. Then i try casual match and face with the same situation. I think the problem is the patch because i've never get this problem before the patch.

Ps ; Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
smaden07;n10956305 said:
Today the game stuck at loading screen 5 games in a row. Then i try casual match and face with the same situation. I think the problem is the patch because i've never get this problem before the patch.

Ps ; Sorry for my bad English.

So these issues only started to happen with the latest patch? In that case it might be best to contact CDPR support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

I have the same problem.., i'm very frustated.. i play in rank Mode and Lost the Game for this bug, please fix this bug

Top Bottom