Stuck on Non-lethal

+
Hi,
Not sure what is happening in a technical regard, but I can try to explain.
Everyone I shoot, quick hack or otherwise attack seems to always be knocked out rather than killed. I know there is a mod that has this effect but I haven't got it active or attached to the cyber ware.
All my combat encounters I have to go around and headshot the enemies as they lie on the floor, otherwise I don't get the extra street cred or bounty etc
I mean even a full on head shot with Comrades hammer at close range can often leave the dude merely knocked out... 😋

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Any ideas what it might be, or how to fix it?

Thanks

Some quick hacks are non-lethal. There are a few weapon mods that changing the weapon to a non-lethal as well. And Skippy
That's a reasonable explanation but it could be just a bug.

A more annoying quirk is that apparently throwing an unconscious person into a container is considered a kill. Missions with bonuses for not killing anyone forfeit the bonus if you knock someone out and then try to hide them in a container.

CEAN0

Forum regular
A more annoying quirk is that apparently throwing an unconscious person into a container is considered a kill. Missions with bonuses for not killing anyone forfeit the bonus if you knock someone out and then try to hide them in a container.
That is not true, i have done it several times and still got the bonus for not killing any one.
Post automatically merged:

Hi,
Everyone I shoot, quick hack or otherwise attack seems to always be knocked out rather than killed. I know there is a mod that has this effect but I haven't got it active or attached to the cyber ware.
All my combat encounters I have to go around and headshot the enemies as they lie on the floor, otherwise I don't get the extra street cred or bounty etc
I mean even a full on head shot with Comrades hammer at close range can often leave the dude merely knocked out... 😋

Thanks
I have noticed this to, even if i don't have the cyberware that makes weapon non lethal enemy's mostly get knocked out if you don't shot them in the head or walk up to them and put a final bullet in them.

Have tried all difficult levels in the game.

Have to admit that as a slightly ironic side note, I also had cdevils issue - that monk asking for non lethal resolution is a nightmare when I keep accidentally killing people by placing them in body stashes! There's always one guy who gets his neck broken on the way into the dumpster. (edit - either that or the monk has ridiculous standards when it comes to non violence)

BTW definitely definitely checked the non lethal mods, both on my weapons and in my kiroshi. 100% sure of this.

Last edited:
It's certainly not a game breaking problem at all. I've gotten used to the extra head shots now and it can often be useful if they are cyber psycho or otherwise needed alive. I just wondered if anyone else has the same thing, or if someone out there found a workaround or pinned down a specific cause for it.

I have a related question. Do lethal weapons that have a chance to electrify the target turn potentially non lethal?

Same question for non lethal weapons with a chance of bleeding.
I seem to remember having a bat with a chance of bleeding that occasionally killed someone I didn't want dead.

I never pay too much attention to game mechanics, so I'm just wondering out loud.

Easiest test is to find some Maelstromers. Headshot all of them. If none have a gooey loss of head (some do based on either RNG or perhaps they have more headchrome than their fellow gangoons), then yes, your game save is bugged.

Hi,

Thanks

As far as I know, the game mechanic that decides whether the target falls down dead or not, is inconsistent. I am getting a delay when incapacitating a target during 'Ping' with a lot of assets on the screen. With 'Target Analysis' equipped, sometimes the target still dies in 1 shot. Still watching when and how that happens.

Last playthrough, with 'Target Analysis' equipped, using a sniper rifle, I instantly dropped Oda...but he was dead. A pool of blood formed under him. Goro was pissed. I double checked, but 'Target analysis' was equipped on the optics.

So yeah, give it a big chance it's a bug.

I have a related question. Do lethal weapons that have a chance to electrify the target turn potentially non lethal?

Same question for non lethal weapons with a chance of bleeding.
I seem to remember having a bat with a chance of bleeding that occasionally killed someone I didn't want dead.

I never pay too much attention to game mechanics, so I'm just wondering out loud.

The lethal weapons can be used non-lethaly by aiming at extremities, regardless of added bonuses.

I do think I might have snapped someone in half once or twice with a whack of a baton to their face, but could have just been a physics thing, sometimes they just explode into ludicrous bits just on a whim of non-existent physics. Also, I have a feeling all status effects (bleeding, poison, burning and shock) are non-lethal.

that monk asking for non lethal resolution is a nightmare when I keep accidentally killing people by placing them in body stashes!

Can complete that Quest without stashing the bodies. I've done that Quest several times in past non-lethal without stashing bodies. You did not alert others either. They do not find the bodies.

You actually may alert them, you just aren't allowed to kill them. But it is possible to do without alert.

Can complete that Quest without stashing the bodies. I've done that Quest several times in past non-lethal without stashing bodies. You did not alert others either. They do not find the bodies.
Good to know, thanks.
Yeah I haven't been able to get a positive response from the monk yet, although I don't think it'll matter much. Its just annoying when I made the effort to keep the enemies alive and find out the monk is still angry with me.
I'll try it again soon and give your suggestion a go. Thnx

Good to know, thanks.
Yeah I haven't been able to get a positive response from the monk yet, although I don't think it'll matter much. Its just annoying when I made the effort to keep the enemies alive and find out the monk is still angry with me.
I'll try it again soon and give your suggestion a go. Thnx

Distract the first enemy at the entrance. Knock him out and leave him where he fell. Distract the first guy inside. Knock him out and leave him. Knock out the guy next to the monk. Leave him. Knock out the last guy behind you. Then talk to the monk. How I've always done it.

i just took a garbage gun put non lethal mod, monk is happy also punching is non lethal

Have to admit that as a slightly ironic side note, I also had cdevils issue - that monk asking for non lethal resolution is a nightmare when I keep accidentally killing people by placing them in body stashes! There's always one guy who gets his neck broken on the way into the dumpster. (edit - either that or the monk has ridiculous standards when it comes to non violence)

BTW definitely definitely checked the non lethal mods, both on my weapons and in my kiroshi. 100% sure of this.
That quest is bugged.

Top Bottom