Stuck on Novigrad Dreaming (no crib)

+
The crib isn't showing up, no matter how far back I reload. Is there any way I can just skip this? I'm honestly really frustrated to have bought this game after it's been out for this long only to run into a bug that essentially stops me in my tracks before the story even really gets going. I can't even see any of the DLC content.

More information needed. Are you on PC/PS4/Xbox/Switch? If PC: GOG/Steam/Origin, and have you ever used mods?

I'm on PC, Steam version, no mods installed except for the Console activator, I was attempting to figure out if there was some way to do this through my own research.

so, any help for this? I've started an entirely new save and still no crib.
Post automatically merged:

Never mind, figured it out, was some corrupted files apparently.

Last edited:
I've not heard of this one before. I didn't realize the crib was an actor. Curious. (I can safely say that I've played through that section on 6 different playthroughs and never had an issue.)

1.) I would run a verify / install through Steam whenever anything with the game seems to be broken.

2.) If that doesn't fix it, reload to a point before the quest appears in your journal (or at least before you entered the house for the very first time), and try again.

3.) If that doesn't work, try these in exactly this order.
  1. Quicksave inside the house. (Right in front of where the crib should be, ideally.) Exit to the main menu, and reload the game.
  2. Still no? Exit the house, and transition to the external area (where Geralt automatically goes from a walk to a jog). Turn around and go back in. See if the crib appears.
  3. Still no? Quicksave, exit to the main menu, and reload again.
  4. Still no? Transition to the external area again. Quicksave, exit to the main menu, then reload the game. Go back inside to where the crib should be.
What that does is load the internal area every conceivable way. There are a few quests in which actors go missing because of conflicting scripts running in the engine. Often times, loading into the area these various ways will trigger the environment the game wants and the missing element will appear.

It was some corrupted files, apparently the original install didn't download that one model correctly.

Top Bottom