Stupid question ?

+
Stupid question ?

Does this game have a native resolution ? Let me see if I can explain I play GtA 4 I play at 1280 X 1024 the game pretty much looks the same as it does in 1600 x 900 to me . I guess what I am asking is there a point where it doesn't matter it will look the same no matter how high you go other than personal preference ?

dmcaldw said:
Does this game have a native resolution ? Let me see if I can explain I play GtA 4 I play at 1280 X 1024 the game pretty much looks the same as it does in 1600 x 900 to me . I guess what I am asking is there a point where it doesn't matter it will look the same no matter how high you go other than personal preference ?
That also depends on the size of your monitor, and its native resolution. My suggestion to you is that you try it out, starting with the lowest possible resolution you'd be willing to go and see what you like. That said, seeing that originally the game only supported 16:9 aspect ratios, it's either 854x480, 1280x720, 1366x768, or 1920x1080, and because the xbox 360 is able to display 1080p game content, I'm going to guess that CDP developed the game with that in mind, so my GUESS is 1920x1080.

The artwork seems to have been done with 1920x1080 in mind; at high settings, there's a clarity at that resolution that others (even other 16x9) don't quite match. The order of eye candy seems to be:

1920x1080
Other 16x9
Any 16x10
Non-widescreen

Thanks guys . I know this game is up there I was just curious as to limit . I know there are games out there it doesn't matter what resolution you run it at after a certain point detail is the same . I was wondering if this game had that point seeing how my monitor's 1600 x 900 I'll never know . It was just a thought for any one trying to do higher res rates what's the point of going beyond if it ends a a certain point other than your native res .

Top Bottom