Stutter is so bad on PC

+
Stutter is so bad on PC

I had stutters from the beginning of the game, when I first played on Steam. I was hoping that it would get fixed, but alas, it did not. I have GTX 780 and i5 3570k @4.3 ghz. Does anybody else have any issues with stutters with Kepler? I'm also running this with Nvidia 353.06 drivers. Now with the new drivers and patches my FPS has been boosted but stutters are pretty bad in towns and cities, especially in Novigrads. Anybody else have this issue?

skywalker991

I had stutters from the beginning of the game, when I first played on Steam. I was hoping that it would get fixed, but alas, it did not. I have GTX 780 and i5 3570k @4.3 ghz. Does anybody else have any issues with stutters with Kepler? I'm also running this with Nvidia 353.06 drivers. Now with the new drivers and patches my FPS has been boosted but stutters are pretty bad in towns and cities, especially in Novigrads. Anybody else have this issue?

+1

+1x10^99999999999999999999999999999

I also posted this in the reddit and people told to set my frame rate using Precision X. I did this it worked. It did not get rid of stuttering all together but it it much better now. It is not a total fix, but rather a band aid. Hopefully CDPR will look into this and fix it ASAP because it is rather game breaking.

I also posted this in the reddit and people told to set my frame rate using Precision X. I did this it worked. It did not get rid of stuttering all together but it it much better now. It is not a total fix, but rather a band aid. Hopefully CDPR will look into this and fix it ASAP because it is rather game breaking.

I have AMD...

I have noticed this as well, I have to turn all foliage down to medium on a GTX 980 otherwise the stuttering is unbearable

If you have foliage on ultra try changing GrassRingSize in user.settings to 8388608. It stutters very rarely any more.

vladgiurgiubv

try nvidia inspector ...setting max rendered frames at 1 and vertical sync adaptive, triple buffering on...it made my stuttering a bit better...it´s always a trial and error with this game

same here....i have a GTX 980 and as soon as the framerate goes even slightly below 60 (or whatever i cap it at) the game stutters like crazy! i tried pretty much every "fix" and recommendation out there and the only thing that slightly improved the situation was setting "max pre-rendered frames" to "1".
this basically turns the horrible "uber-stutter" into a sort of "micro-stuttering" which at least makes the game somewhat playable when below 60fps...

turning off vsync or using "adaptive vsync" does nothing except introduce screen tearing....the stutter is still exactly the same. therefore "triple buffering" will not help with anything either.
also the "triple buffering" option in nvidia inspector (which is the same as the one in the nvidia control panel btw.) only works on opengl applications. (if you're interested in what all these settings actually do and do not do you can check here: http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.html)
the only way to force triple buffering under direct3d used to be "d3d overrider" but that doesn't work for the witcher 3 because it's a 64bit application...
anyway the game already seems to be using a sort of triple buffering...otherwise the framerate would be jumping between 60 and 30...which it isn't. so maybe whatever tech they are using to achieve this is the culprit...?

to be honest, my feeling is that the stuttering in this game is some inherent flaw with the game engine and will never really be fixed. if it was possible to avoid this stuttering they would have done so long ago, during the game's production cycle...
the best we can probably hope for is that performance will actually be "improved" at some point (as was claimed in pretty much all the patch notes up till now) and just keep capping the framerate at something that the system can maintain throughout the game...

Top Bottom