Stutter since 1.07 even at 60FPS

+
Stutter since 1.07 even at 60FPS

Hello ,

the patch didn't improve anything for me , fps drop in populated aeras in skellige from 60 to 40 FPS...

And even when at 60 FPS important stutter is present ...
I've managed to see that stutter is more important when there is monsters and nearly disappear when i'm alone...

Config :
3930K Intel @4.7Ghz (rock stable...watercooled)
SLI Gtx Titans (kepler , 1100MHZ watercooled , rock stable)
16Gb Ram @2400Mhz
Samsung SSD830 game installed on it
Win 7
Geforce drivers : 353.38

I can help if CDProject ask , will be an honor ^^

+1
1.06: Game runs smothly with RTSS even at 40 fps, 30fps lock, perpetual smoothnes at 60 fps,
1.07: Stutter no matter what, 60fps stutter, 30fps lock stutter, 30-60fps stutter, stutter with or without RTSS.

GTX970 windforce 3x, i5 4690k, 8gb RAM, drivers up to date, win 7 64bit.

@Marcin Momot My polite suggestion: Undo any performance improvements since 1.06. Start working from there.

Gameplay changes in 1.07 are very good. Performance on the other hand is horrible.

Try setting the game to borderless windows.
Full screen mode is the only mode where the game stutters for me.

Hello , the patch amazing, stable 60 fps and NO MORE stutter for me. ( Like it was before)
Config :
i5 2500k
MSI gtx 970 100me edit.
8gb ram
Win 7
Geforce drivers : 353.38

GOOD JOB CD PROJEKT RED, LOVE IT! :)

I still have stutters, but it's better with the patch. I had really nasty lags before which is improved now. But the picture still looks unsteady with rythmical micro stuttering. They occur especially when walking and in Skellige.

Last edited:
Try locking the FPS to 30. (I know, I know......), but that's what I did. It's much better when you do this. Maybe the game engine was optimized to run this way.
And I have a 980 GTX and an i7-2700K, and play without AA.
(The Evil Within too became stuttery after a patch, and needed to be run at 30 FPS.... at least for me - that was weird because it ran very good with my previous 580 GTX, but when the DLC were released + patch, it was suddenly stuttery on the 980 GTX I just had bought ??? )

Last edited:
This is called frame skipping.

Its been in the game for me on my 970 ever since 1.05

Shame, since the game used to run super smooth. Now I get motion sick or something just running forward, with how the environment around me constantly looks like its rubber banding towards me.

Really wish CDPR would fix this. It should be as easy as going back and looking at the changes they implimented in 1.05.

If you're running the game in borderless windowed mode, switch back to fullscreen. BW is a complete stutterfest, always has been.

Patch 1.07 has substantially solved stuttering in Novigrad and NPC popping in for me. I even removed the "prerendered frames = 1" setting in the Nvidia Control Panel. Sure, I still have occasional stutters here and there but no more of the constant stuttering of previous versions. I am very happy with the patch as of now.

System specs:
Intel i5 2550k
MSI GTX 970
16 GB RAM @1333Mhz
Game on standard HDD (no SSD)

I cannot compare performance FPS-wise though because I am moving and for the moment I have to play @1440x900, while I was playing at 1920x1080 before.

In patch 1.06 I was able to play smooth enough fps which was something between 40-45. It sometimes dropped under 40 when I went to some village or to swamp. But now In patch 1.07 it feels like the fps is lower everywhere than it used to be in 1.06. I'm using the same graphic settings than I used in 1.06. Also, loading screens are now much longer than they used to be. The patch is very good but please CD Projekt Red fix these little tecnhical difficulties so I'll be happy. (My hardware: I5 3570K, Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti , 8gb Ram and 1Tb HDD.)

Last edited:
First, 970's seem to be having some major issues with TW3 for many players. Keep your eyes on the Nvidia website for new drivers/bios.

Secondly, try altering these settings in the Nvidia Control Panel:

1.) Maximum pre-rendered frames -- should be fine on application-controlled, but setting it manually from 1 - 3 may help. Try this in steps with a clean reboot of the game each time.

2.) Try switching between Control Panel vsync and in-game vsync. Just don't try to use both together.

3.) Be sure you are running in "Prefer maximum performance"

4.) Ensure all other options are application-controlled, with the exception of anisotropic filtering (which seems to play nice with TW3). Other settings on certain rigs, especially Nvidia AA, want to pick fights with the game.

5.) Be sure you have disabled Nvidia Streamer Service in the Task Manager. This is a bloody resource hog for 0% benefit...unless you're trying to play TW3 on a Shield...

First, 970's seem to be having some major issues with TW3 for many players. Keep your eyes on the Nvidia website for new drivers/bios.

Secondly, try altering these settings in the Nvidia Control Panel:

1.) Maximum pre-rendered frames -- should be fine on application-controlled, but setting it manually from 1 - 3 may help. Try this in steps with a clean reboot of the game each time.

2.) Try switching between Control Panel vsync and in-game vsync. Just don't try to use both together.

3.) Be sure you are running in "Prefer maximum performance"

4.) Ensure all other options are application-controlled, with the exception of anisotropic filtering (which seems to play nice with TW3). Other settings on certain rigs, especially Nvidia AA, want to pick fights with the game.

5.) Be sure you have disabled Nvidia Streamer Service in the Task Manager. This is a bloody resource hog for 0% benefit...unless you're trying to play TW3 on a Shield...

this may be helpful to some, but mostly everyone would have done these things before 1.07. I can confirm that these things have no affect on the game's broken performance introduced in 1.07. as far as I can tell, it's not something that the end user can fix themselves.

I have had little to no problems with patch 1.07, and in some areas better performance. There's clearly some kind of issue with the display outputs using different combinations of game settings, drivers and versions of utils people are using.

Sigil's list is a good place to start.

My settings are:

-1080p resolution
- in game VSync ON, Unlimited fps, Fullscreen
- Control Panel VSync - app controlled
- Control Panel pre-rendered frames = 1
- Control Panel - prefer max performance
- Control Panel - Anisotropic application controlled
- Control Panel - triple buffering ON
- MSI Afterburner (no oc's), and no RTSS installed
- GeForce Experience NOT installed

i5 3570k
GTX 980 G1 4GB (Gigabyte's 1329MHz v.)
16GB DDR3
500GB 850 Pro SSD
W7 x64

I'm stuck in a forest in Velen and unable to move more than a pace before freezing for about 10 seconds, another pace, another freeze. Everything was running perfectly until this accursed 1.07 patch. I have the Steam version and so I can't roll back the patch. GTX 960.

Top Bottom