Stuttering and FPS drops on 1.6

+
Hey guys!

Mid time lurker, first time poster

I was wondering if you could help me out, I just installed Cyberpunk for the first time, and at the beginning everything was lovely, 90FPS with everything on Low, but since the update, for some reason, I have sudden stuttering, meaning in FPS drops with CPU and GPU flapping about all over the place (see attached screenshot), it happens even on the in-game benchmark test

Running on Alienware 17 R4:
- Intel CORE i7-7700HQ
- 16GB RAM
- NVIDIA GTX 1070
- SSD ADATA SWORDFISH
- Epic Games

I've tried pretty much everything, re-installed from scratch, tweaked both Nvidia Control Panel and in-game settings to no end, set Cyberpunk.exe process to High, literally have a fan running on full speed next to the laptop, and still the stuttering continues, and this happens in-game, when I'm in the menus like lvling up or on the map, it runs fine.

Appreciate the help you can give me!

Attachments

• CPU.png
    CPU.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 91
  • CPU-2.png
    CPU-2.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 98
  • imagen_2022-10-12_204027629.png
    imagen_2022-10-12_204027629.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Just to be sure, can you try to "simply" update or better clean install the new Nvidia drivers ?
Version : 522.25
This drivers version will mess up your map, but as far as I know, somes noticed significant performance improvements. So anyway, worth to try at first.
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1

Those are the ones I have installed, updated them a day before yesterday, same issue, let me see if a clean uninstall and re-install works, I'll keep you posted, thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, same thing even running the benchmark, here's the graph for that, same micro stuttering, and if you see, it's the same for both CPU and GPU, can't seem to find the right setting to fix it :(

imagen_2022-10-13_123238792.png

Last edited:
Strange, but I'm not expert on PC, even far from to be one :(
If you didn't try, you can check the tips from CDPR from performance issues on 1.6 :

On a side note, probably not related, but if you check you Ethernet graph, CPU/GPU drops seem to coincide more or less with Ethernet peaks (maybe each time the game upload the save on the cloud, it slow down everything else).
So, if "cross progression" is enabled, simply disable it in the game settings or try to play offline, just to be sure.

All right, I'll disable cross progression and test it out, I'll keep you posted, thank you very much!
Post automatically merged:

Tried the in-game benchmark again after disabling cloud save and tweaking with the Nvidia Control Panel a bit, and it improved a little bit, still seeing micro stuttering though :(

attached screenshots

Attachments

• imagen_2022-10-13_125612101.png
    imagen_2022-10-13_125612101.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 69
  • imagen_2022-10-13_125644470.png
    imagen_2022-10-13_125644470.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Today I tried doing a game clean re-install after a NVIDIA drivers clean re-install as well, same issue, a lot of stuttering and CPU and GPU flapping, if you have encountered this and have any solution I can try, please help, really want to play this game and this is frustrating as hell

Top Bottom