stuttering and low performance at swamps

+
stuttering and low performance at swamps

just got a new comp for christmasamd dual core 5600+ 2.8ghz3gb ramx1950xtxwhen i get to the swamps the game starts stuttering and running terrible, but its ran perfectly fine everywhere else so far

mike- said:
just got a new comp for christmasamd dual core 5600+ 2.8ghz3gb ramx1950xtxwhen i get to the swamps the game starts stuttering and running terrible, but its ran perfectly fine everywhere else so far
Well what is your graphics card? Try to reduce grass, animal number, visibity a little and you have no problem ;D

i posted the specs right there, the graphics card is the last one/e turning down grass did it.. bug?

wonderful.. now i cant play for more than 15-20 mins without the game crashing. this vista crashing bs shouldve been fixed in 1.2

mike- said:
wonderful.. now i cant play for more than 15-20 mins without the game crashing. this vista crashing bs shouldve been fixed in 1.2
I have Vista but I don't use it! I'm waiting until it gets little more common in the community

mike- said:
I would skip vista all together. That OS dont fullt support alot of games. I got vista, i just havent installed it. Also you might wanna try OMEGA drivers. They Might fix your vista problem. Im not sure though. Read their driver release notes.

Iraqi-Gangster said:
Iraqi-Gangster said:
I have Vista but I don't use it! I'm waiting until it gets little more common in the community
well i just got a new pc and i kept getting nagged to try it out and i dont like formatting, so i dont wanna format again just for 1 game having issues... even though its an awesome game :(ill just hope they release a patch that addresses this, and hopefully it wont take 2-3 months

Set your animals to min, and turn off field of depth.Also try turning off AA (do these 1 at a time, of course, to find the right answer)

I ahve run Vista since January, with no problems from old applications. i have run The Witcher since October without a single crash, until Patch 1.2 anyway. So, all this talk of Vista problems really perplexes me.

My system is no slouch, runs Crysis on all High settings other than shadows and volumetric and with nice smooth buttery frame rates. This (The Witcher) gets a bit touchy only with a few areas in game for me and grass in that area can be a nice frame rate slower on high. I sometimes turn grass off like in the fields because there is too much to see clearly and for me it's not a big deal to lower, might help you like others suggested. Hope it works better for ya!

Top Bottom