Stuttering when looting caused by Bluetooth controller

+
I've recently gotten my hands on an 8bitDo Pro 2 Wireless and I've started noticing stutter when looting in Cyberpunk. I was able to recreate the problem 100% manually by pairing the controller and looting a couple items in-game, whereas the stutter goes away when I plug the controller in my PC via USB-C cable. The controller is paired to my PC via a TP-Link UB500 receiver. Is there any possible solution other than having to buy another receiver / controller?

That's a good one...

Personally, I'd like to see your issue if at all possible for you to shoot a quick video of it.

Are we talking input lag or actual stutters?

Because if we are talking input lag, then a quick look around for issues concerning your controller reveals a lot of complaints about input lag.

One alternative, if possible, is to go buy another controller and return it if there is no difference. Personally, I use a Playstation 5 DualSense and I have no issue whatsoever even when separated by about 15-20 feet and a floor from my PC. Plus, having just tried the adaptive triggers on CP2077, it makes me want to drop K&M completely for CP2077, which says a lot considering I'm a K&M first player.

It's not input lag, that much I can tell. Whenever it happens the whole game freezes for a 1000th of a second, complete with audio microstutter, and, if it happens frequently, the sound will start crackling constantly, forcing me to restart the game.
Post automatically merged:

Here's a video showcasing the issue. So far, I've only been able to recreate it only when looting stuff, be it from corpses or just regular trash lying around.

Last edited:
Alright, so actual stutters. Sorry about that, too many people use the wrong terminology to describe their issues. Better to confirm and avoid going down the wrong road.

So, I have 3 questions after that video (thank you for that, an image is worth a thousand words after all).

I notice keyboard keybinds in that video. So the issue happens regardless of your controller?

You have mods installed. Can you post your mod list here or is it the "too long" kind of mod list?

One thing you have to understand is that your mods make any kind of troubleshooting that much more complicated since your issue might very well be caused by them.

So unless I'm mistaken, the only instance of it happening in that video is when you moused over that first Maxdoc at 0:02, right? From what I'm seeing, it's not actually when you loot but, in fact, when the game loads the item's description. The sound crackling would happen because the game is stuttering from loading that description when you actually pickup whatever item it is.

Is it always this way or is this inconsistent?

When the controller is paired in bluetooth mode, the problem is 100% recurring, just like in the video. I've gone so far as to reinstall Windows ( I needed a format anyway, so no harm there). I've tried it on a fresh game install as well, issue is the same. I have an older controller that I used before I got this one, which is also wireless, and I've never had that issue before. I am 99% certain the culprit is the bluetooth receiver in this case, but I don't see the problem in any other game.

Then, yes, if the only thing that causes this to happen is the controller/BT receiver...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you bought that adapter because your PC does not have BT connectivity? If it does, can the controller be connected directly instead? I assume you would have tried that already but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Is it updated to the latest firmware?

I know the 8bitdo has accompanying software, is everything (including the controller) updated too?

Because that's, frankly, all you could do. Something from that controller/BT adapter isn't playing well with your configuration in conjunction with CP2077.

Everything is updated / experimented on to try to find a solution. Controller functions perfectly when plugged in via cable. I'll try to get a new BT adapter, since my MB doesn't have one onboard. I'll update with more details when I get my hands on it.

Top Bottom