Subtitles very wrong

+
Subtitles very wrong

I'm playing Witcher 1 again to remember stuff and import to 2. Even in the very beginning of the game I'm noticing a LOT of subtitles that do not match what the characters say. Is there a way to fix that?

What version of the game are you playing? Is it a boxed game that you had to patch to the EE first or was it EE already and you patched it to 1.5 . Can you give some references to what they are VS what they should be saying .

I bought this version many years ago. The picture of it is the wolf medallion with a red background.
Since it's clearly old I installed, downloaded Patch 1.4, Patch 1.5 and English Language Pack. Installed all of them and I am playing now.
The game says it is version 1.4.5.1304.
In the beginning Vesemir said "clue" but it appeared as "idea" in the subtitle. I thought it was a minor error and would'nt make difference. But some phrases have major difference. And my english-hearing is not as good as the reading.
Now Leo said "let's go to the lab" and it appeared as "Lets find (or help, don't remember) triss. And it is VERY often.
Maybe one of the patches didn't worked proprerly?

Sounds like a patch went screwy . About the only thing I can remember from the Pre-EE version from the prolog is Vesimir talking to Triss and he says the word "babe" instead of child from the EE You can either try repatching with the language pack only just by double clicking on the language pack . Once you have the EE installed then with any additional language pack all you need do is download the language pack and click to install it . Or you can download a backup with the EE already patched in if you have your cd-key handy . It says witcher 2 but also works for the first one as well . http://www.gog.com/witcher2/backup

Tried to install language pack and this error came:
I still have my CD-Key. Does this backup version comes with everything? (all patches, language, etc)
edited: and what about the saves? will I have to start all over again?

Yep it comes patched to 1.5 with all languages and in addition you get some extra goodies like the soundtracks, wallpapers, calendar, avatars and some more that I can`t remember right now .

Ok, I will just try to reinstall everything because it is a lot faster. If the bugs continue I will download the backup version. >.>
Thanks again *Tommy*.

Top Bottom