Succubus Locking interaction

+
Succubus Locking interaction

I notice that after this card is unlocked (which was locked before that) , its effect activates immediately within the turn without leaving the opponent any reaction. I think it will be better if the countdown is reset in this case. It should be similar to the rot tosser so that the opponent have time to react.

Lock doesn't reset the countdown on anything, the difference is that for Rot Tosser you have the last say because it triggers at the end of YOUR turn but the succubus triggers at the end of THEIR turn.

edit: in most of the closed beta the rot tosser also triggerd at the end of NG player turn but it was deemed too OP and changed so the player affected has the last say.

It might be a good idea to change "Succubus" to at the end of the turn of the player whose side it is on, as well. As the card can cause a transfer of somewhere between 15 and 30 power sometimes, it seems a bit weird that unlocking it should not be counterable. One thing though: how many times will one even have a second lock or another way of getting rid of it in hand when this happens?

Succubus actually triggers at the beginning of the turn of the player controlling it. On the card text, it says at the start of your turn, but it's actually at the start of the opponent's turn.

That's why when your opponent unlocks it, it then triggers right afterwards, in the beginning of your turn.

Taking into account that the card is a gold that when locked, if she remains locked, actually gives the opponent 6 power, I don't think she should be any more vulnerable, IMO.

Well... Succubus is really OP against Axemen Skellige now. The combo with her and an unlock is absolutely uncounterable(well, not absolutely, if you have GIgni, but that's not exactly a counter), which gives her the ability to steal your win condition. I often find myself in a situation when I have two DShackles or DShackles+Shieldmaidens in hand, but they are useless against Succubus. However, the card itself is pretty conditional, and doesn't perform so good facing other decks. I don't think it should be nerfed. Skellige and it's prevalence throughout the current meta, on the other hand, should definitely be dealt with.

Succubus is 100% success. There is no way to counter. If you lock her, they have Fiend; if you move your unit somehow, they have frightener & drowner. That's why it's not a healthy card.

KingNarik;n9026580 said:
Well... Succubus is really OP against Axemen Skellige now. The combo with her and an unlock is absolutely uncounterable(well, not absolutely, if you have GIgni, but that's not exactly a counter), which gives her the ability to steal your win condition. I often find myself in a situation when I have two DShackles or DShackles+Shieldmaidens in hand, but they are useless against Succubus. However, the card itself is pretty conditional, and doesn't perform so good facing other decks. I don't think it should be nerfed. Skellige and it's prevalence throughout the current meta, on the other hand, should definitely be dealt with.

Succubus is OP because it efficiently counters axeman?!

Now I hard them all...:facepalm:

Checco515;n9027850 said:

Now I hard them all...:facepalm:

Agreed... These forums lately... It's telling that the most knowledgeable posters responsible for some of the most informative posts and analyses in the past (i.e. Codexhel) has outright abandoned the forums or migrated to the competitive Gwent reddit subthread.

Checco515;n9027850 said:

Nimraphel;n9028650 said:
Agreed... These forums lately... It's telling that the most knowledgeable posters responsible for some of the most informative posts and analyses in the past (i.e. Codexhel) has outright abandoned the forums or migrated to the competitive Gwent reddit subthread.

Yeah. This forum does seem to be overrun by people whining about how something made them lose... typically killed their Axeman. Did you see the igni thread? It boiled down to the same thing for the most part.

It doesn't help when there's rude windbags around as well. Reading a novel spiced with lightly-veiled insults isn't friendly to constructive discussion.

Top Bottom