Succubus needs to be buffed

+

Pvdg3

Forum regular
Succubus needs to be buffed

Now that golden cards can be targeted with damage/weather I can't seem to steal any card with her! Every deck seems to have some damage dealers in it and 4 hp is so easy to kill. I want to purpose some changes.
1. Make her a spy again, only cards that can hit any character will be able to target her.

2. Give her some armor so her base strength can stay the same. I would say +3 armor, keeping her in alzure thunders range, but not in range of some other character damage cards.

3. Make her counter 1 instead of 2. This will help prevent anyone that needs to mulligan with a card for an answer and lets her survive in a weather row.

Agreed. She's basically almost useless now, you have all the old ways to stop her plus just killing her. I've stopped carrying her cause it's just too easy to stop her.

pthieu1986;n9440531 said:
Why not, they are not as good as Francesca nor Eithne but will be still tough to fight.
I rarely see Monsters. Of the Monsters I have seen (Dagon weather, and even a Consume deck) were handled very easily. Consume gets countered very easily these days, and Dagon/Weather doesn't have the punch nor the units it used to.

Monsters just seem bottom-tier right now. Deathwish doesn't have enough support, Ekimara is toast with terrible Resilience mechanics, and Harpies got the nerf bat. On top of that, their golds can be targeted, which was a mainstay need for Monsters to actually win a round.

Archespore is their most interesting new unit, but it doesn't synergize enough and doesn't deliver enough of a punch.

What about: Deathwish: If timer hasn't finished, damage highest unit on the opposite row by half their life, rounded up. ?

The logic would be that the unit is heartbroken that the dear Succubus has died or something.
This way there is at least some value.

Exoclyps;n9440771 said:
What about: Deathwish: If timer hasn't finished, damage highest unit on the opposite row by half their life, rounded up. ?

The logic would be that the unit is heartbroken that the dear Succubus has died or something.
This way there is at least some value.

Nice idea. Except it should be the highest unit loses half their life rounded DOWN.

Maybe you didnt really get it yet, but succubus got a casual +9 buff. It's effect can now target gold units and if this card is very hard to remove it will just become oppressive. Changing the counter to 1 is a big no-no as in this case succubus can be played as a last card for a 30+ points swing with no counter play. This card is balanced as if there's no answer for it (and if it's played as a 2nd last card i doubt there will be any) the swings it creates are ridiculous: stealing a 12 str unit makes it a 28 points gold.

Succubus is basically auto-include for all Monster decks. You simply save it for when your opponent has one card left. It's either second to last card, or last card you play.
The problem is, you have to play Monsters... so... yeah. It's still a great card, but Monsters are quite weak atm.

The Suc needs armor

Personally I hate the card. For a Gold it's too easy to get rid of. How about 2 or 3 armor added to it'?

m0bius8 thread merged

Adding armor to the card doesn't change much. Succubus is usually played at the very last moment in the last round as an all or nothing gambit. The opponent either has an answer to it and you'll lose or (s)he doesn't and you'll win.

4RM3D;n9848111 said:
m0bius8 thread merged

Adding armor to the card doesn't change much. Succubus is usually played at the very last moment in the last round as an all or nothing gambit. The opponent either has an answer to it and you'll lose or (s)he doesn't and you'll win.

Those posts are from September. Was the Suc 4str back then as well?

m0bius8;n9848531 said:
Those posts are from September. Was the Suc 4str back then as well?

As far as I recall, she was buffed from a spy to a 6 strength loyal unit and then nerfed to 4 strength. Anyhow, during the OP she was 4 strength.

I run Succubus with reliable success in 4000+ MMR. The trick is to bait out removal cards like lock and artifact compression early with other cards and leave her for the last possible second. Considering I've used her to make 50+ point power swings reliably, she can be absolutely killer when used right, especially against the current meta. Boosting her to 6 strength or giving her 2-3 armor are the only changes I'd consider, as that cuts down on a few of the removal options against her. I think a one turn countdown would make her far too OP, sort of like the grave hag before her nerf.

I think the generous timer on the card effectively balances out the swing she can provide, but I'd like to see 2-3 armour on top of that 4 strength, other, she's far too easy to remove via damage, even in a short round 3.

Nah, I think it's fine. It's high risk - high reward after all. Adding just 1 Armor will be fun, so it can stick trough weather, but it's not something that needs to be actually done.

Top Bottom