Sudden graphic gremlins... [SOLVED]

+
Sudden graphic gremlins... [SOLVED]

First of all, hello everybody. I've been reading through these forums and it was very helpful sometimes. Now it is my turn for asking.I've been playing through the game up with no problems to Act III, where I had the first crash to desktop of the whole game. It was when I tried to leave the Trade Quarter and enter the Temple Quarter, now a lot of graphical errors cover the screen. It looks like a driver issue, but I haven't changed ANYTHING for sure. I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about.My computer is an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with 2GB Kingston and Ati X1950Pro AGP. I have had absolutely no problems playing at 1024x768 with 8x Aniso and 2xFSAA until the crash. I'm using Catalyst 7.7 drivers (as advised by ATi itself to X1950Pro AGP users), the same I've been using for the whole game and which have performed flawlessly. I've reinstalled the game but the problem persists. So now I don't have a clue...Thanks for your help.

Either drivers, heat related, psu (power supply), a corrupted save game, a corrupted tileset.I cant see why if you had no issues in the first two chapters you would suddenly start having issues in the third.

I don't know why that would happen either. But it's just started happening to me in the Trade Quarter in Ch. 3 as well. I've a quad-core processor and two gigs of RAM, but maybe there are some things that even that can't handle. ;)

"Funny" thing is everything started after a crash. I also thought of the corrupted tileset, but I reinstalled the game but the problem persisted. Now every area I had visited before (prologue, chap I and II) and looked perfect is now all packed with the graphical errors you can see in the screenshot. All the savegames produce the same error now and they didn't before, for sure.I'm absolutely at a loss on what to do. I'd be really upset if I had to give up playing at half of the game...

Ok, looks like it has been solved installing the Catalyst 7.12 drivers (20 Dec). Version 7.11 didn't do the job for me...

ATi cards run hot, and don't always report right. I actually had to roll my drivers back from 7.12, to 7.8...

Top Bottom