Sudden movement (double tap dodge) on controller?

+
Not sure if I understand the patch 1.2 notes regarding the double tap dodge thingy. Is it just for the PC key binding? Does the same thing ever happen to console users?
I mean I just realised, that thing where the dodge scoots you Forward/sideways unintentionally might not be just with the PC player accidentally double tapping as I've noticed a similar thing happens with the xbox - it might be unrelated but whenever I try to walk over something on the ground like a piece of debris or boxes or something like that my character often rushes over it to reach the flat ground beyond it. Even if the things you're trying to walk over are nearly flat, it's almost like the game treats it like a steep slope or something?
It's hard to explain now I come to write it down. 😅 I will be trying to position myself somewhere and get rushed off to the side, or propelled forward suddenly.
It sounds a bit like the "dodge" issue, sudden movement for no reason, except it only seems to happen to me when I am walking over stuff on the ground, rather than walking on totally flat concrete.

Can this be the same thing? Am I somehow double tapping on a controller stick?

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
It's unrelated. The issue you described sounds more like 90° sticky force to me.

It's unrelated. The issue you described sounds more like 90° sticky force to me.
Yeah I reread the patch note and it does sound like something different.
I only skimmed it before and thought it sounded familiar.

Anyway, you'll have to explain what 90° sticky force means sorry. I did Google it but got nothing.
Thanks for any info.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Yeah I reread the patch note and it does sound like something different.
I only skimmed it before and thought it sounded familiar.

Anyway, you'll have to explain what 90° sticky force means sorry. I did Google it but got nothing.
Thanks for any info.
Sticky force is used to keep an object on side walls, just like gravity on ground.

Not sure what is causing the effect that makes you suddenly push or slip. it usually looks like there's some force that pulls you away to the side, and often it's forwards or backwards.
It might be multiplied gravity force that couldn't find the ground and now has to go somewhere else so it gets added to the movement's speed. idk...

Top Bottom