Sudden performance drop that appeared just today.

+
Hello, So yesterday I realized that it is time to play Cyberpunk 2077 once again but this time I decided to go in as a pad grumpy person whom kills everything and has no mercy... I had some mods installed but they had no impact on the game performance since they are mostly just tweaks for gameplay like Bullet deflect while sandevistan is active and so on... The last mod I got was realistic damage because I hate playing on very hard and spending 20 minutes fighting one boss while wasting like 50 max docs, all my ammo and then just go melee that is useless on low level (with the sandevistan mod that has bullet deflection while active, melee combat is actually decent on low lvl)... Anyways I just roamed around with my lvl 50 character and since I finished most of the quests and everything, I decided to start over once more... So I created new character, finished the introduction with broken nose as street kid and then quit the game cuz I was too tired to play. Now when I turn the game on, it runs like 25 FPS on medium to high settings but before I had 60-70 on ultra to psycho settings, raytracing ON psycho settings and DLSS on quality and everything was fine... I have RTX 3060 and i5 11400 so my PC is well capable to run the game and it did until today... I dont know what happened that all of a sudden after a game restart it stopped working properly... Does anyone have any idea what could happen here?

Hello, So yesterday I realized that it is time to play Cyberpunk 2077 once again but this time I decided to go in as a pad grumpy person whom kills everything and has no mercy... I had some mods installed but they had no impact on the game performance since they are mostly just tweaks for gameplay like Bullet deflect while sandevistan is active and so on... The last mod I got was realistic damage because I hate playing on very hard and spending 20 minutes fighting one boss while wasting like 50 max docs, all my ammo and then just go melee that is useless on low level (with the sandevistan mod that has bullet deflection while active, melee combat is actually decent on low lvl)... Anyways I just roamed around with my lvl 50 character and since I finished most of the quests and everything, I decided to start over once more... So I created new character, finished the introduction with broken nose as street kid and then quit the game cuz I was too tired to play. Now when I turn the game on, it runs like 25 FPS on medium to high settings but before I had 60-70 on ultra to psycho settings, raytracing ON psycho settings and DLSS on quality and everything was fine... I have RTX 3060 and i5 11400 so my PC is well capable to run the game and it did until today... I dont know what happened that all of a sudden after a game restart it stopped working properly... Does anyone have any idea what could happen here?
Removing the mods improve anything?
Restarting your system improve anything?
Deleting all the game saves of your previous playthrough improve anything?

Hmmm I think you might have misread what I wrote... The game was working just fine until restart so clearly mods aint the issue... I do not restart my PC cuz it takes years for windows to stabilize and load all its crap... and I aint gonna delete all my saves... I think sometimes people just trying to troll on forums like this... Restart, delete or remove aint a solution or reason to why it worked a second ago but not working now... I will spend hours to fix it myself then... I think the problem might be my SSD utilization and the game is loading textures and everything too slow and that has a result to FPS drop... Cleaning up my SSD could maybe help but im too lazy to do so which means I will try that one later... I aint going to delete everything just to see the same result most likely.... Or it might be the nvidia drivers for the spiderman remake that were released recently.... I might roll back drivers to may 2022 since these were working properly on every game so far... I just thought that someone had this issue before and know why it happened... I am kinda not interested in wannabe tech support solutions where you just delete stuff that you spend so much time making to work... especially them saves that I have...

Hmmm I think you might have misread what I wrote... The game was working just fine until restart so clearly mods aint the issue... I do not restart my PC cuz it takes years for windows to stabilize and load all its crap... and I aint gonna delete all my saves... I think sometimes people just trying to troll on forums like this... Restart, delete or remove aint a solution or reason to why it worked a second ago but not working now... I will spend hours to fix it myself then... I think the problem might be my SSD utilization and the game is loading textures and everything too slow and that has a result to FPS drop... Cleaning up my SSD could maybe help but im too lazy to do so which means I will try that one later... I aint going to delete everything just to see the same result most likely.... Or it might be the nvidia drivers for the spiderman remake that were released recently.... I might roll back drivers to may 2022 since these were working properly on every game so far... I just thought that someone had this issue before and know why it happened... I am kinda not interested in wannabe tech support solutions where you just delete stuff that you spend so much time making to work... especially them saves that I have...
Sorry for me trying to help.

As a reminder: please remember to always be respectful towards others, even if you dislike what they write. It is in the forum rules.

Guest 4561861

Does your computer automatically update Nvidia drivers? I noticed on Aug 9th the new driver (516.94) came out. I just installed it yesterday, and now CP2077 will just run a few seconds before crashing. Maybe it's related, maybe not.

Top Bottom