[SUG] Give option to reset in closed beta

+
[SUG] Give option to reset in closed beta

Most of people sell 3 decks and have just one deck. Test it out and what next? Nothing. They would need to buy for real money to TEST more which makes no sense as there will be reset. Compensation is not good as people have no idea what it will be or even how the final version will look.
Closed beta is for testing (?) so it seems more scenarios played then better, right?

E.g. Allow full resets and give kegs for levels so when you reset with level 20 you have nothing but 20 kegs and basic decks.

Personally Im stuck with 1 deck and have nothing else so I lose motivation. Building decks is almost the main source of fun in card games but there is no such thing in Gwent after ~15 levels. You cant even mill your decks as you will be short in scraps to craft a proper deck.

Last edited:
Yeah, fully agree with this. Given this is a beta and progress will be wiped before release, it would seem a good idea to allow players to test as much as possible.

Most of people sell 3 decks and have just one deck. Test it out and what next? Nothing. They would need to buy for real money to TEST more which makes no sense as there will be reset. Compensation is not good as people have no idea what it will be or even how the final version will look.
Closed beta is for testing (?) so it seems more scenarios played then better, right?

E.g. Allow full resets and give kegs for levels so when you reset with level 20 you have nothing but 20 kegs and basic decks.

Personally Im stuck with 1 deck and have nothing else so I lose motivation. Building decks is almost the main source of fan in card games but there is no such thing in Gwent after ~15 levels. You cant even mill your decks as you will be short in scraps to craft a proper deck.

It was never promised free resets. If you are milling entire factions in order to build other one, you are doing it on your own, knowingly that you'll be stuck with one deck until you get cards for the other factions or archetypes. You were not surprised by the results of your actions, but it seems like you're blaming the developers for allowing you to do it, which I can not agree with.

Other than that and MOST IMPORTANT, the Beta exists to simulate how the game would work when full released and, as far as I know, RESETS are not intended to be a part of the finished product.

Including resets in the Beta would mess up all the data about player progression, ranking, matchmaking and lots of other things that I have no idea about.
It's just counterproductive.

Lol? Free reset was always promised! Making a new account is such thing!

How have you come out with an idea beta is not for testing and getting feedback? :D

There is no point in progressing (or rather testing) when you are stuck and you need to play 100 games in broken, not fun, outplayed deck. You do the same thing over and over again = pointless for betas. You just gave up totally or gave up and wait for inv in other mail or for open beta to reset that way. CDPR lose players and gain only dead accounts. Such reset should be also possible in final product because making new accounts is a retarded way for such reset and problematic. Some players will gave up and with such reset they would be engaged more. Unless CDPR is not "gamers for gamers" but another Valve/EA/Ubisoft/WG :) Personally I dont play/test anymore. I know a few of my friends did the same. Also in the final game people will have for each deck. Dunno if this is intended... Is it?

Last edited:
Such reset should be also possible in final product because making new accounts is a retarded way for such reset and problematic. Some players will gave up and with such reset they would be engaged more. Unless CDPR is not "gamers for gamers" but another Valve/EA/Ubisoft/WG :) Personally I dont play/test anymore. I know a few of my friends did the same. Also in the final game people will have for each deck. Dunno if this is intended... Is it?

So you are saying you want resets after release too? So basically you want to reset forever until you get the best cards?
Haha, then whats the point of a keg system, according to you they should just give everyone all the cards for free and endure massive server costs and basically build a game with no future revenue.

Personally Im stuck with 1 deck and have nothing else so I lose motivation. Building decks is almost the main source of fan in card games but there is no such thing in Gwent after ~15 levels. You cant even mill your decks as you will be short in scraps to craft a proper deck.

It isn't most people, it is more hardcore people that are doing this.

If you want to reset your account you can contact our support team and they will help you out :)

EDIT - This post is being referenced sometimes for resetting accounts. However at the time it was possible, the game has grown a lot since then and it is no longer an option. Sorry.

Last edited:
It isn't most people, it is more hardcore people that are doing this.

If you want to reset your account you can contact our support team and they will help you out :)

The problem is to make a full deck you need more scraps than you have from 3 other decks. You need extra ~15 kegs so "full" reset is even worse than for 30 minutes milling your all cards one by one (make it under 1 click/push please as atm it is very painful to mill). Also an option to mill whole factions would be nice (or maybe sth like marking cards by categories and then mill all marked).

makor86;n3450732 said:

Personally Im stuck with 1 deck and have nothing else so I lose motivation. Building decks is almost the main source of fun in card games but there is no such thing in Gwent after ~15 levels. You cant even mill your decks as you will be short in scraps to craft a proper deck.
I send my 3rd ticket to support ,suggestion same thing for attention

makor86;n6682612 said:
Lol? Free reset was always promised! Making a new account is such thing!

How have you come out with an idea beta is not for testing and getting feedback? :D

There is no point in progressing (or rather testing) when you are stuck and you need to play 100 games in broken, not fun, outplayed deck. You do the same thing over and over again = pointless for betas. You just gave up totally or gave up and wait for inv in other mail or for open beta to reset that way. CDPR lose players and gain only dead accounts. Such reset should be also possible in final product because making new accounts is a retarded way for such reset and problematic. Some players will gave up and with such reset they would be engaged more. Unless CDPR is not "gamers for gamers" but another Valve/EA/Ubisoft/WG :) Personally I dont play/test anymore. I know a few of my friends did the same. Also in the final game people will have for each deck. Dunno if this is intended... Is it?

This is exactly why I didn't mill an entire deck. Because I knew that I would want to learn and enjoy all of them. You got a huge lead on other players (unless they spend a bunch of real money) by doing this and you have a very strong deck for doing it. Sorry for your problem but you weren't forced to do it.

zkenpachiz;n6682322 said:
It was never promised free resets. If you are milling entire factions in order to build other one, you are doing it on your own, knowingly that you'll be stuck with one deck until you get cards for the other factions or archetypes. You were not surprised by the results of your actions, but it seems like you're blaming the developers for allowing you to do it, which I can not agree with.

Yep, having the option doesnt mean you have to use it. And blaming the dev for having the option it the worst. I'm not even talking about reseting you account with you Kegs. You open 20 kegs get nothing you like. As a reset do it over. Even if that happend for some reasons it should be availlable only to people who have spend 50hours+ and who are certain to be at loss if done.

What's wrong with asking for help ? its very begining of closed beta.
looks cd projeckt red doesn't care for supporters or customers

Top Bottom