Suggested foods V and other people in 2077 eat

+
@Gabriel_McKing
That's cool, but what would the MRE contain of food and water?
Post automatically merged:

I want an equivalent of those stupid yet hilarious food brands that I found in various dystopian games like Deus Ex's

"CHOC-O-LENT DREAM. IT'S CHOCOLATE! IT'S PEOPLE! IT'S BOTH!" (85% recycled material)
https://deusex.fandom.com/wiki/Candy_bar
Oh wow I remember that! I was so disappointed when I found out it wasn't a mix of Chocolate and Lentils. :sad:

Wow Escape from Tarkov makes survival food seem so tasty, but I know if I ate it in real life I would get sick :shrug:
To be honest, not the best eating animations I've seen (although I can't remember where I saw better, but I know I did) But still better than many other games at least. I hope Cyberpunk2077 has beautiful eating and drinking animations.

If the original lore had anything to say about it: Lots of synthetic stuff, crap that looks, smells and tastes like dog food and tons of soy. Fresh, real food costs a small fortune.

I will be insanely disappointed if Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't have eating and drinking animation on par or better than Escape From Tarkov. With the supposed reason against a third person view being to make the game more "immersive" for us, then there's no reason to cut corners when it comes to first person animations, right? :shrug:

Oh, and back to my Soylent Green mention; it doesn't even have to be dead bodies. Just stop and think; what exactly do all the Ripper Docs in the city do with all the organic body parts they remove to replace with cybernetics, eh? Just how many people went in to get a Morgan Blackhand replica cyber arm one week only to unknowingly be eating their old processed arm as a snack the next week? :oops:

I hope there's more than single cell protein (Islands in the net) and kibble, or that at least these can be used as substitution ingredients much like tofu is now. I would imagine there's a lot of displaced people, so there should be a lot of wildly different street food out there and there should be restaurants. It may be a minor detail and CDPR may not want to devote so much effort to rendering food like in FFXV but it would be welcome, and I would like to discover new dishes that way.

In fact, I LOVE cooking food from other countries that I've discovered either in my trips or on the internet: I especially like making chicken recipes from Colombia using coconut milk (or today for example I'm preparing chicken wings with chipotle sauce), Jamaica, I've also made Irish Shepherd's pie, Clam Chowder... I even prepared some kimchi fried rice with pork belly.

I think it would add, no pun intended, a lot of flavour in the setting. It could be talking about the state of the world and also the authenticity of tradition (like, where does this cook come from and why? is he or she really a professional cook at that? am I getting the genuine experience? Is he or she trained or just using a chip?, etc.).

Spoiler alert for Snowpiercer below! Don't watch if you haven't seen it...or watch if you don't care...

(Great movie btw)

I am hoping for as many light consumables and snacks to be in 2077 as much as actual foods are around, like habitual or ritual-like consumables. Tea is a good example, as well as all the drinks seen in ads, smoking, supplements and/or herbs as well. It would be cool to have a "spot" to go to that slowly turns into a regular spot and as things are repeatedly purchased there it opens up rapport with the owners or regulars. I imagine everyone having no time for actually eating (or not caring), so everything is a food-on-the-run/snack type of thing or they have augmented digestive systems that run on other various things, or very light amounts of food.

I like the idea of building rituals in the game though. Especially if there is some kind of benefit. Like if cyber-tea(everything is cyber-lol) or smoking helps with cool stats over time...

I'm also wondering if drug use will have it's place, as not just battle enhancing mechanisms, but as recreational or food-like consumables...could addictions be a thing? Could your drug use open new pathways, friendships, or enemy relations?

Lulz...

Last edited:
A juicy street cuisine called elegantly Merde Avec Oeuf, that’s made from boiled egg and a paste that was created from distilling remaining nutrients out of shit and mixing it with condiments and spices.

And of course Soylent Green.

A juicy street cuisine called elegantly Merde Avec Oeuf, that’s made from boiled egg and a paste that was created from distilling remaining nutrients out of shit and mixing it with condiments and spices.

And of course Soylent Green.

smelled so good.gif

I think we can all agree that this is the probable outcome.

Comments like this probably belong in this thread
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...f-same-the-whole-ball-of-wax.10971011/page-37
Ahhhhh that's totally not what I meant by that! :confused:

I will be insanely disappointed if Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't have eating and drinking animation on par or better than Escape From Tarkov. With the supposed reason against a third person view being to make the game more "immersive" for us, then there's no reason to cut corners when it comes to first person animations, right? :shrug:

Oh, and back to my Soylent Green mention; it doesn't even have to be dead bodies. Just stop and think; what exactly do all the Ripper Docs in the city do with all the organic body parts they remove to replace with cybernetics, eh? Just how many people went in to get a Morgan Blackhand replica cyber arm one week only to unknowingly be eating their old processed arm as a snack the next week? :oops:
People, especially the evil or the careless, if that were true, would inevitably become less and less uptight about where they source the ingredients from until it was a full on "lets just throw people that make trouble for us into the mix" like they just shoot em and chop em up. I'm sure that's the path that eventually leads down, even if it starts off more humanely if anyone could even call it that. gross...

Kabayan foods.png

Night City is home to many shops, restaurants, and decor that draw inspiration from Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, and Indian culture, among others. These include Kiroshi Optics, Kabayan Foods, Fuyutsuki Electronics, and Masala Studios as well as maneki-neko figurines and tengu imagery that enrich the world.

1 year since that demo I saw Kabayan Foods and my mind still hasn't changed. I absolutely would STILL love to be able to buy from there. Store and eat Adobong Manok(chicken in vinegar sauce), Balut(fertilized duck egg) and Isaw(chicken intestine BBQ) during combat. Even RP as a regular before, between and after a long day of merc work.

Last edited:
View attachment 11008117

1 year since that demo I saw Kabayan Foods and my mind still hasn't changed. I absolutely would STILL love to be able to buy from there. Store and eat Adobong Manok(chicken in vinegar sauce), Balut(fertilized duck egg) and Isaw(chicken intestine BBQ) during combat. Even RP as a regular before, between and after a long day of merc work.
so I looked up some of those things and uh... I wouldn't .. I just... I mean.. I .... I don't feel so good. vegan options pls.:shrug:

Food has to cater to all tastes. If you want vegan, fine. But I fully expect to see meat and meat type options. I would also expect to see nose to tail eating taken to a new level.

so I looked up some of those things and uh... I wouldn't .. I just... I mean.. I .... I don't feel so good. vegan options pls.:shrug:

True, the culture shock can give quite a stomach churn for some of these dishes. But it's the norm in south-east asia. And it's perfect for the CP setting where multi-culture is a theme. Adobong Kangkong, and Coconut noodles are for you, my friend.

True, the culture shock can give quite a stomach churn for some of these dishes. But it's the norm in south-east asia. And it's perfect for the CP setting where multi-culture is a theme. Adobong Kangkong, and Coconut noodles are for you, my friend.
When I travel I go out of my way to find dishes like this. Perhaps there should be a skill for finding 'unique' foods.

Food has to cater to all tastes. If you want vegan, fine. But I fully expect to see meat and meat type options. I would also expect to see nose to tail eating taken to a new level.
Yes! options for everyone :)

Yes I saw some documentaries way back and now just remember seeing some of those foods there too! at first I was like "Whoaaaahhh whatttt" and then I was like "Oh I remember those" but yea, you know? :) Coconut noodles sound delicious, and from my research Adobong Kangkong seems to be a plantfood only version of the usual soup-type dish, with "swamp spinach" and tofu and garlic? Interesting... :) Iove trying different dishes and putting my own personal twist on them. Thank you for sharing, that's really cool.

When I travel I go out of my way to find dishes like this. Perhaps there should be a skill for finding 'unique' foods.
Rather than have it be a character skill, maybe having it just be a free and casual part of the game itself? V can go around trying many different things or people want to feed V different stuff (maybe feed V sleeping medicine and steal their money! ahhh!! watch out!) but also many nice people that want to share their culture and ways of food with V and V can maybe make those similar foods at home later? That would be so cool! :)

The reason I wouldn't want to make it a skill/perk unlock is that I'm afraid it would take up space of a different skill or perk and force V to miss out on something. I hope there are no limitations to V's skills and perks so that V can unlock everything on one character.

Would prefer a silly, crazy quest line about it. They did the pan and the goat quest in TW3, they have to take it to the next level here. lmao

Yes I saw some documentaries way back and now just remember seeing some of those foods there too! at first I was like "Whoaaaahhh whatttt" and then I was like "Oh I remember those" but yea, you know? :) Coconut noodles sound delicious, and from my research Adobong Kangkong seems to be a plantfood only version of the usual soup-type dish, with "swamp spinach" and tofu and garlic? Interesting... :) Iove trying different dishes and putting my own personal twist on them. Thank you for sharing, that's really cool.

Sure thing. Would recommend them irl. :ok:

Night City is home to many shops, restaurants, and decor that draw inspiration from Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, and Indian culture, among others. These include Kiroshi Optics, Kabayan Foods, Fuyutsuki Electronics, and Masala Studios as well as maneki-neko figurines and tengu imagery that enrich the world.

What do they mean by Masala Studios? Is it a restaurant or a movie studio that makes films and maybe BD?
I'm not sure if CD Projeck actually knows what that word means. Or maybe they do know what it means. Just sounds like a weird name for a restaurant. :shrug:

What i am troubled with is the fact that Drinking/Eating using substances Is not animated but in very few quest related situations, I want to sit in V's crib and drink the damn good looking stout i have in my inventory!

Or go to a damn restaurant/Bar and see V down some shots! Or food!!! :cry:

Top Bottom