Suggestion 4 Final Build

+
Suggestion 4 Final Build

Hello.. I am posting few suggestions here. Feel free to post yours... Thanks.

1] We need bigger board to see cards clearly so remove that extra space from board background & enlarge the board itself.

Something like this..

2] Cards must have something more visual to clearly show there type as current card border is to thin & its going hard to understand which card is gold, bronze, silver or special. My suggestion is to add card value no is in same color of card type.

3] Remove your turn message animation as its quite annoying. We are smart enough to understand that whose turn it was as well there are coin & deck background glow animations are available so please remove your tune message.

4] When opponent is passed why he is getting turn after we play? just cancel the turn once any side is passed & let other player play continuously till he is going to passed the round.

5] That keg opening troll animation is too slow make it optional or add skip to it.

6] Try to reduced card description with color, symbols, signs etc. Like -/+ for remove, add. red/green for enemy, player. Like -2 in red followed by NGC (non gold card in bronze color) or +2 in green for gain 2 value for self NG cards OR still if you want to use full description adding colors is advantage.

7] Add per-recorded taunts with icons for express emotions like.. i] Welcome/Greetings ii] Well Played iii] Bad Luck/Hard Luck iv] Oops/Ouch/Ohh No v] Extraordinary/Awesome/Great/Wow vi] Go Run/Go Quit/No Match/Easy One/Waste Of Time etc... [not a fan of chat as there is no time during turns]

8] Add offline mode to play with AI with Easy - Normal - Hard Difficulty.

9] Add Cancel / Dismiss button for Opponent searching screen.

10] I am sure that there is a same card limit par deck so please add card deck limit as well as how many copies we have at the time of opening kegs & selecting cards.

11] I don't know win/loose counter is there or not but my suggestion is to add player profile where all his/her stats going to come like win/loose, both side decks & may be online/offline indicator with invite option to play with him.

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
Whilst i've only been able to watch Gwent with KBT via twitch, your suggestions sound good to me mate.
I guess the only thing i can say as a noob to your number 3, maybe a way to speed up animations in options as opposed to removing them all together for turn notification. It would be annoying for people after they've played a while and are used to it but think the new/younger/not used to computerised card games players might need it initially at least..

But all good suggestions none the less, just constructive criticism :)

1] We need bigger board to see cards clearly so remove that extra space from board background & enlarge the board itself.

Buy bigger display. I don't have problems with vision even at 15".

2] Cards must have something more visual to clearly show there type as current card border is to thin & its going hard to understand which card is gold, bronze, silver or special. My suggestion is to add card value no is in same color of card type.

If u point the cursor to any card - u can see bigger version of it at the right side of screen. Bigger version has like 5mm border. It's hard don't understand what is the type of card.

3] Remove your turn message animation as its quite annoying. We are smart enough to understand that whose turn it was as well there are coin & deck background glow animations are available so please remove your tune message.

Some people don't know about this forum. Doesn't matter that they saw information at game start. If you smart anough to know that it is your turn - it doesn't mean other people can get this too.

4] When opponent is passed why he is getting turn after we play? just cancel the turn once any side is passed & let other player play continuously till he is going to passed the round.

Game code has some connection wih coin fleep. If u try to remove it - it can produce another gameplay.

5] That keg opening troll animation is too slow make it optional or add skip to it.

Animation is fun if u don't open too many kegs. But with adding skip I agree.

6] Try to reduced card description with color, symbols, signs etc. Like -/+ for remove, add. red/green for enemy, player. Like -2 in red followed by NGC (non gold card in bronze color) or +2 in green for gain 2 value for self NG cards OR still if you want to use full description adding colors is advantage.

Yeah, it's really helpful to have description with colors. Agree with that idea.

Buy bigger display. I don't have problems with vision even at 15".

Dude I have 24" monitor & for your kind information on high resolution cards look small.

If u point the cursor to any card - u can see bigger version of it at the right side of screen. Bigger version has like 5mm border. It's hard don't understand what is the type of card.

I know that but this is strategy game & every turn is having specific time so there is no time to check enemy/own cards on zoom view. I mean if i want to play some card going to damage enemy bronze card then should I 1st check every enemy card that its a bronze or silver or gold ?

Some people don't know about this forum. Doesn't matter that they saw information at game start. If you smart anough to know that it is your turn - it doesn't mean other people can get this too.

There are total 3 things currently indicating whose turn it was.. 1] coin animation 2] deck bg glow & 3] Your Turn message as well after playing 2/3 times its clearly understandable whose turn is going on & if you still not understand then this game is not for you. Plus tutorials are there to help.

Game code has some connection wih coin fleep. If u try to remove it - it can produce another gameplay.

Let the developers handle it.

Last edited:
Dude I have 24" monitor & for your kind information on high resolution cards look small.
Try to look at the right side of screen.

I know that but this is strategy game & every turn is having specific time so there is no time to check enemy/own cards on zoom view. I mean if i want to play some card going to damage enemy bronze card then should I 1st check every enemy card that its a bronze or silver or gold ?

You need lesser than 1-2 sec to point at the card and recognize border color. Different time for all but really lesser than 2 sec.

There are total 3 things currently indicating whose turn it was.. 1] coin animation 2] deck bg glow & 3] Your Turn message as well after playing 2/3 times its clearly understandable whose turn is going on & if you still not understand then this game is not for you. Plus tutorials are there to help.

Man, more ways to indicate - lesser count of people who didn't get whose turn. Didn't trust me - ask developers.

4) Im guessing this is because current implemntation of lowering strength is implemented when player turn is beginning. I guess they would need to change it somehow.

I agree with TH3WITCH3. Except with chat options. No need for any kind of that stuff if you ask me. I have some suggestions myself. I liked much more how the cards looked before closed beta launch. The cards were much easier to read (strength, and if card is bronze, silver or gold) and were visually nicer. And I'm just gonna say it, the new "banners" look cheap and ruin otherwise superb art design of cards. There is no need for "banner" if you ask me. And yeah the board and the cards on it should be bigger. It would be easier to read and just visually more appealing.

And yeah no need for turn switching when opponent passes. Maybe just "opponent passed" massage on the the middle of the screen when he passes (like "your turn" massage which just be gone,no need for it we know it's our turn).

The turn switching when an opponent passes has been covered on this forum a thousand times. It is necessary for how the game mechanics work. Cards like Octvist and Reaver Hunter and many more depend on how many turns are covered in a round and need the switching even when someone passes. They've sped up how fast the coin flips and I think it's fine. But it is essential to gameplay.

I think the "your turn" animation is fine. We need to make sure all new players know what's going on. If you think it's too much, than simply imagine someone who can't tell, use empathy.

Emote or other communication icons were said to not be in beta, but will be in final form.

Size of board is fine with me and I like leader cards with other cards so you recognize it's a part of your hand (and hand size number).

The borders size is not an issue for me, but Bronze and Gold are not distinct enough. Gold could be more bold and shiny to distinguish it at a glance, but this is not game breaking.

ceratin cards like borkh three jackdaws have abilites that are on times based on amount of turns. i assume the game reverts back to the passed player simply because of this mechanic

My suggestion is to add a tiny bit of a delay to be able to read the cards once a match loads (when it shows the leader cards). And perhaps to read the loading screens that show cards you might not have, maybe it'd be cool to have a 'press spacebar to continue' if you're not in a multiplayer match? It just feels like the text goes by too fast.

The turn switching when an opponent passes has been covered on this forum a thousand times. It is necessary for how the game mechanics work. Cards like Octvist and Reaver Hunter and many more depend on how many turns are covered in a round and need the switching even when someone passes. They've sped up how fast the coin flips and I think it's fine. But it is essential to gameplay.

I am sure developers are smart enough to find another way to solve that as turn switching after pass not only time taking but confusing too. In many of my games I saw players are continuously playing cards even when I passed & their total is above me, use empathy. [ But yehh not a big issue as Its a good strategy :) ]

I think the "your turn" animation is fine. We need to make sure all new players know what's going on. If you think it's too much, than simply imagine someone who can't tell, use empathy.

I am not going to say this again & again as I already posted that your turn pop up is not the only way to find its your turn there is a coin flip as well as your card background (red-blue) glows when its your turn as well after playing few games of gwent it's easily recognizable.

The borders size is not an issue for me, but Bronze and Gold are not distinct enough. Gold could be more bold and shiny to distinguish it at a glance, but this is not game breaking.

Just think when you are at higher levels where 1 mistake is enough to loose. At least for me I want to concentrate more on strategy rather than wasting my time to find out card types by zooming every card.

Last edited:
I think too that we need some more player interacton. Maybe you liked your opponents plays, unique deck and want to show it in some way. My problem with the pre-made options is that they can sound pretty passive-aggressive under circumstances, so I would like to see some kind of chat between the players. Of course you could disable it or block someone, but I think it would strengthen the community and you could write/answer during your opponents turns so time wouldn't be a problem.

I think premade messages/audio like characters from the witcher (depending on which faction you're playing as) saying something like 'good game' would be nicer than having chat, which would welcome a large amount of players that don't take losing kindly. It would allow for some interaction without allowing abuse of other players. Maybe chatting for friend matches only?

Top Bottom