Suggestion about O'Dimm's properties

+
It seems fair to say that O'Dimm first of all is not anything like god nor the devil or evil as the professor describes.
There might be a bit of a mistake in trying to take O'Dimm's actions too literally, which I might do, and also I'm sure there are some inconsistencies in what he does in the game, making so it's not possible to assume everything is perfectly consistent.

But so I finished O'stone recently and rewatched his meeting at white orchard with Geralt.
I think it's fair to say that he is not omniscient, just as he claims himself. And I think not just for story reasons. He asks Geralt why exactly he wants to find Yennefer, and clearly doesn't know. I gather that he goes around in many places at once, maybe becoming an obtainer or merchant of information.

Olgierd tried to summon Gaunter. I think that could indicate that O'Dimm has some kind of definite identity and should have pretty hard bounds. Also, an issue to raise. O'Dimm shows up whenever and wherever he wants to but doesn't when Olgeird wants to bring him up? Furthermore Olgierd seems to later hate O'Dimm and apparently has once set his dogs on O'Dimm. For a guy who can kill someone in an instant on a whim (in the tavern) and also apparently threaten Geralt the same when they were on the 'moon' this is very weird.

Also I find it very curious why O'Dimm has a hatred for 'unscrupulous' individuals. He puts a fly in someone's soup. He makes Vlodimir suffer as a spirit. Anyone understand the reason why he insists that Olgierd is a horrible man? Seems like a part of his trick to convince Geralt, right?

I actually would personally venture that in the ending O'Dimm was banished in some way, similar to how you banish the Hym, or other monsters and maybe we could do better than this (if we really tried and wanted).

O'Dimm has some tools at his disposal but not everything and anything. I think that if O'Dimm were taken very literally, Geralt can ask to become the emperor of Nilfgaard. I would speculate that this is either not something O'Dimm can actually do or wants to do.

The most interesting moment to me was interactions with the professor. I think this says a lot about O'Dimm but am not sure what to make of it. I wonder if the professor learned of his name?

Furthermore what's very interesting is how O'Dimm denies Geralt what he actually considers a wish when Geralt asks for his name. I think that it indicates O'Dimm makes pacts because and when he believes they benefit him. Having Geralt killed by learning his name would not help him in this situation. Also could just be a story thing, would be very weird for Geralt to never want to do the natural thing and ask for O'Dimm's name.

Also I want to add that I'm greatly frustrated by how little appreciation Olgierd shows for me risking my very soul to save him for from what he would see, no reason whatsoever. Absolutely disproportional. I got a decent sword that'll fall behind in 5 levels.

Last edited:
I also don't think he's omniscient, but probably very close to it, but I think a few of the things he refuses/apparently can't do in a straightforward manner is probably at least partially because of him being mischevious in the same way a djinn would be, wanting to see people have to suffer/struggle to get what they want.

Warning - no spoilers. (translated from Russian)
What is reliably known about this character.
1. Start of the game, White Garden, Geralt and Vessemir enter the tavern. G.O.D. is sitting at a table at the entrance to the tavern. and talks to her mirror copy. We remember that he is known to people under the nickname "Mirror Man", he himself "whistles" something about trade the mirrors , but this is just his mockery.
MIRROR01.jpg

One of his manifested "skills" is the ability to be in many places at the same time and in many bodies (his mirror copies). And by the way, the game clearly shows that he can be outwardly different, not like the "original" copy.
We can meet copies of "Mirror Man" in the White Garden simultaneously in three places at once.
- a man is sawing a log.
- a man looks after the cows.
- a man stands by the fence next to Odolan's house.
MIRROR02.jpg

The obvious question - is why did you decide that in this scene he is talking to himself, with his copy, and not with just a local habitant? The answer is given in the course of the story of "Heart of Stone", only G.O.D. may be the initiator of a conversation with a person himself, but a person can never start communication with him. However, what happens to someone who inadvertently interferes with him is also shown cynically and simply (the spoon pierces the eye and the brain).

Since G.O.D. is one of the main characters in Sapkowski's books, it would be surprising not to meet him in the game The Witcher 3, in a quite worthy and well-deserved place in its part of the story and plot.
That is why G.O.D. present in two of its images
- 1 - other, not similar to him, "mirrored, multiple copies" - these are his copies, not Dopplers, since they can be found several identical copies at once, but in different places. These "mirror copies" are not known to Geralt, so they do not hide and can be in locations for a long time, as if watching Geralt.
- 2 - exact copies of the "mirror man" - these Geralt knows by sight and therefore they always appear in passing, within one second in the frame and immediately disappear. It is almost impossible to notice them in the game. The creators of the game made 33 different skins for G.O.D. for these scenes. (only 7 fit into the screenshot, but there are actually 33 of them)
MIRROR.jpg

P.S. Yes, yes, I know what they will tell me - we read Sapkowski's books, there is not a word about G.O.D. !!!!!!!
But Sapkowski is therefore a genius writer, and the scale of his books has not yet been realized. He probably had serious reasons not to provide direct answers to the serious questions that arise from the reader of his books. Therefore, the author gave the keys (method) so that an inquisitive reader could understand what the author really wants to say. The first key is the scene in the bathhouse, at the first meeting of Geralt and Yenefer (Last Wish). When Geralt looks at streams of water and soapy foam he sees an invisible, slender silhouette of Yenefer. To see something clearly invisible, according to his actions and events that occur because of this. Actually, the answer is who G.O.D. and there are stories told in the books of Sapkowski.

Top Bottom