suggestion about the menus

+
suggestion about the menus

so i have been pretty satisfied with the overall state of the game,except from the menus.my problem with them is that they look way too modern the way they are now.i dont feel like like i am in the witcher world,walking into a tavern finding some players in there and sitting down,having a glass of beer and playing some gwent.in other words i dont feel immersed into the game.right now i just press on a button,watch a loading screen and log in the game.

now my suggestion is this: a type of interactive map! now i know that the developers can think of something much better,but i was playing the banner saga the other day and thought to myself "hey this could actually work as a menu" (talking about the screens in the camps and villages for those who have played it)

there could be a kind of a village map.to play you would press on the inn and then you would get in a screen of the inside of it.by pressing on a table you would search for an opponent.the innkeeper could be used to get into the pve mode.

there could be roach outside the inn which would allow you to access your collection(since you probably have your collection in your saddlebags).

a blacksmith could be in the village to access the settings or something like that.

maybe the rock troll is a bit outside the village from which you could buy kegs.

finally the notice board could be used to access your daily quests and achievements(which we pretty much know are coming).

all these could be customised with ingame items you could win by achievements or as rewards from the ranked ladder or something.

so if you managed to read that far,what do you think about it??would you like something like that in the game,or are you satisfied with the menus as they are now?

Menus should be clear, fast and easy to use. As it stands now, the menus are slow, sluggish, complex and too much focused on console players. The devs should fix the menus, not giving it unnecessary flair which probably make things even more unclear/complex. So yeah, it's a nice idea, but I rather have the devs fix more crucial issues (first).

thing is i just dont want this game to end like another hearthstone clone,i would prefer it to have a little bit more unique flavor than other card games.although i agree there are more important things that need fixing before this.

The idea sounds interesting, but almost anything would be better than what we have. It feels to me like the menu was designed for Mobile (way too much swipe and slide) and everything is huge.

Treamayne;n7226690 said:
The idea sounds interesting, but almost anything would be better than what we have. It feels to me like the menu was designed for Mobile (way too much swipe and slide) and everything is huge.

Just imagine how fun it is to use with mobile :D Let's use that deck on the far right in the next game... ooops, it selected something else and I didn't know what :D And then the game starts...

The game is being designed for mobiles, there's no way around that fact.
Hopefully they'll throw in something proper for PC, but at this point I'm kind of not getting my hopes up for it. It's just how things go these days.

Anyway, what I'd like the most is a nicer board, that's where I spend most of my time in the game and I'd like something nice instead of what we have, I looks like something even I could make, which is not much at all.

Sunsibar;n7227080 said:
Just imagine how fun it is to use with mobile :D Let's use that deck on the far right in the next game... ooops, it selected something else and I didn't know what :D And then the game starts...

Ha... even using M/K I end up starting matches with the wrong decks way too often. Sometimes, I swear the game just starts you with the last deck you were working on in your builder without giving you the choice screen.

LedZep4;n7227170 said:
Ha... even using M/K I end up starting matches with the wrong decks way too often.

That is the reason why I always drag the page from below the decks if I'm using mouse :D

pretty much all games that are both on pc-consoles and mobile,have different UI's for different platforms,it cant be avoided since the screen size is different,and one can only fit so many things in a smaller screen.they will probably have to design a new UI for mobile anyway :/,i dont see a way around that even of they stick with these menus.

Top Bottom