[Suggestion] Add "dislike/thumb down" option also on forum

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As in the topic: I think that we should give additional option not only to put "like (red point)" under one's comment on forum if we agree with it , but also "dislike/thumb down" when we disagree;

Never.

Any negative voting system would be abused, and there's no reason to make people feel bad because someone downvoted/thumb-downed their post (out of spite or otherwise). This isn't Reddit and should not turn into it either.

I personally loathe negative vote systems because all they do is cause unnecessary upset. There is exactly zero real reason to have them. If you don't like something you are free to express that in words, in a polite manner of course.

(Also, this has nothing to do with GWENT so moved to Community.)

Thumbs down or dislikes would be handy when posters are being rude like you are right now , if you don`t like something that has been posted don`t read it or move to a different topic .

Thumbs down or dislikes would be handy when posters are being rude like you are right now , if you don`t like something that has been posted don`t read it or move to a different topic .

Forum is to discuss or express opionions, not to read as a newspaper when you choose these one that corelate with Your point of view; and like/dislike is one of very popular and usefull forms of expressing opinions about somethig

I am stepping in here and deleting a few posts because it quickly leads to some ugly stuff and some of the content already became a bit too personal, plus also veering more away from the main topic. Let's keep it civilized.

Please let's not do this. Stuff like this just contributes to the herd mentality of the masses. Hmmm, 60% gave this a thumbs down...guess I have to dislike it too. I just hate that thought process.

Never.

Any negative voting system would be abused, and there's no reason to make people feel bad because someone downvoted/thumb-downed their post (out of spite or otherwise). This isn't Reddit and should not turn into it either.

I personally loathe negative vote systems because all they do is cause unnecessary upset. There is exactly zero real reason to have them. If you don't like something you are free to express that in words, in a polite manner of course.

(Also, this has nothing to with GWENT so moved to Community.)

I'm all for it. It's an additional option to express your opinion about something someone said. If the abuse is a concern, then "likes" should also be removed.

Also - feeling bad because some anonymous person disliked your comment? If this is an issue for someone, than this person should perhaps refrain from going online altogether. In my opinion, if you are constantly protecting someone from "bad things happening" and giving this person only positive feedback, then you are causing more harm than good.
Post automatically merged:

Please let's not do this. Stuff like this just contributes to the herd mentality of the masses. Hmmm, 60% gave this a thumbs down...guess I have to dislike it too. I just hate that thought process.

This goes in the opposite direction too. If anything, then the both options should be removed.

Forum is to discuss or express opionions, not to read as a newspaper when you choose these one that corelate with Your point of view; and like/dislike is one of very popular and usefull forms of expressing opinions about somethig

Again i do agree if the first bit but i disagree with rest of your post :shrug: If i don`t like a thread i don`t read it , if i don`t like where a thread is going i stop reading it . If that makes me a " newspaper reader " so be it .

Again i do agree if the first bit but i disagree with rest of your post :shrug: If i don`t like a thread i don`t read it , if i don`t like where a thread is going i stop reading it . If that makes me a " newspaper reader " so be it .

I agree

So One way censorship is ok? We are supossed to be adults.
Censorship would be if you would not be allowed to disagree, you can respond in a post (as I do now), however there is no single button one can just casually click (which would have problems with herd mentality).
We all know the results of such a button and if the responsible party does not wish for this there is no reason to walk down that path.
That is in no way censorship.

Couple posts deleted.

As a reminder, any kind of discussion/post involving the moderators, their actions or moderation policy will be swiftly removed, in accordance with the Forum Regulations.

Such matters will only be discussed in private messaging.

Repeated breaking of this rule, will, like any other one lead to more serios measures taken against the account in question. Thank you for understanding.

The things I write are for those who are willing to accept a new relationship between the reader and the author.

I'm all for it. It's an additional option to express your opinion about something someone said. If the abuse is a concern, then "likes" should also be removed.

Also - feeling bad because some anonymous person disliked your comment? If this is an issue for someone, than this person should perhaps refrain from going online altogether. In my opinion, if you are constantly protecting someone from "bad things happening" and giving this person only positive feedback, then you are causing more harm than good.
Post automatically merged:

This goes in the opposite direction too. If anything, then the both options should be removed.

Actually likes are a space saver, cause personally when I see that someone tell something I was gonna wrote I just like it instead of writing that I think the same.

No (n)
If anything, I would rather prefer disable the "like" system at all
Famous people always get a lot of likes no matter what absurd things they write, just because how popular they are.
It can also lead to abuse with alternative accounts on a small forum

Why? It makes sense for MMORPG games, as they are more community driven but Cyberpunks kind of single playing games I don't see the purpose. Once this game is released, our opinions are absolutely meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom