Suggestion: Add enemy list

+
There are 3 or 4 players who just refuse to pass the turn. They literally drain the entire bar before playing just to try and entice a forfeit. I run into them at least once a day, sometimes more. Cap the list at 5 if you are worried about abuse, but give the player some way of dealing with this.

And what would the list do? Block matchmaking with those players?

It's a multiplayer game, there are always going to be those who rope every turn to the last second. Always have been, always will be. But they're a minority and other than being annoying they're not doing anything wrong.

(Complaining about them like this will only give them more attention and show that their strategy is working. If I were such a player and saw this thread I'd be pleased.)

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

It's a multiplayer game, there are always going to be those who rope every turn to the last second. Always have been, always will be. But they're a minority and other than being annoying they're not doing anything wrong.

(Complaining about them like this will only give them more attention and show that their strategy is working. If I were such a player and saw this thread I'd be pleased.)

Fair enough. Doesn’t change the fact that the game has a design flaw. It should be like chess with an overall timer and a shorter turn limit. You could even swap the month of rapid play with another seasonal variation and give a rapid fire mode.

BTW, yes enemies mode would ban the matchmaking. Moreover, if the same players are on everyone’s list that could be an indicator to devs about where the problem lies.

[...]
I am one of players, who under certain conditions use full time in all turns. It is never my strategy to win, it is always my feedback to the other player.

In ranked, I do this when opponent is obnoxious like for example continually emoting every 3 seconds. If he stop, I continue playing normally. Opponent's deck does not matter to me in ranked and is not a factor for my use of time.

In casual, I do this when opponent brings meta deck or is obnoxious or plays mill, which I subjectively percept (that means it is my opinion, but I do not state it as a fact) as intention to spoil entertainment of casual play. If opponent plays meta deck, I use my time to the fullest. Both because of feedback and to try playing as good as possible, because opponent brought serious deck to casual format and so I also should not play casually.

Either way, it is never my strategy to win. I would rather much more prefer if opponents would not spam emotes or play casual decks in casual format and I would play normally. Yet another reason for me why to do this in casual is "service to the community" (that is just my opinion). The more time from opponent with meta deck in casual I bind on me, the less time he has to spoil fun for the others. All in all, it is my feedback, not strategy.

Payus

Forum regular
I wish the game had a rudimentary chat box where you could say something to your opponent, besides emoting and roping there's no way to comunicate, maybe that's why people are roping so much, its one of the only "alternative" to emoting.

In poker you always have a chat box, if you use it or not, if you have it up or hidden, is your prerogative, and part of the strategy. You could tell your hand as a bluff, or for real so later the opponent believes you which you can use later.

Chat would bring a lot of metagame and for once the possibility to comunicate clearly what you want to say.

Do not bring up that the game has a chat system, that is AFTER the match.

[...]
I am one of players, who under certain conditions use full time in all turns. It is never my strategy to win, it is always my feedback to the other player.

In ranked, I do this when opponent is obnoxious like for example continually emoting every 3 seconds. If he stop, I continue playing normally. Opponent's deck does not matter to me in ranked and is not a factor for my use of time.

In casual, I do this when opponent brings meta deck or is obnoxious or plays mill, which I subjectively percept (that means it is my opinion, but I do not state it as a fact) as intention to spoil entertainment of casual play. If opponent plays meta deck, I use my time to the fullest. Both because of feedback and to try playing as good as possible, because opponent brought serious deck to casual format and so I also should not play casually.

Either way, it is never my strategy to win. I would rather much more prefer if opponents would not spam emotes or play casual decks in casual format and I would play normally. Yet another reason for me why to do this in casual is "service to the community" (that is just my opinion). The more time from opponent with meta deck in casual I bind on me, the less time he has to spoil fun for the others. All in all, it is my feedback, not strategy.

I run a lot of weak leaders and 12 special card removal decks. I didn’t enjoy the seasonal variation as it really is limited to about 4 decks (assimilate, harmony, fee slam, and thrive.) I can see where a removal heavy deck is annoying, but I am trying to complete 100 win contracts with leaders who frankly should not win 100 games very quickly. I wish I could say I cared that my opponents don’t like my deck build, but I just don’t. The remedy is to either leave or not give GG. It is not to purposefully waste the other persons time. IMO, the only activity that should ever result in a lifetime ban from Gwent is repeatedly abusing the timer to punish the opposing player for doing something within the rules. I hardly ever use the emotes, and when I do it is usually to compliment someone or ask them to pass the turn after the y played. Given that you can mute them, emotes don’t seem like a huge problem. Also remember, people spam emotes for the contracts that go with it. Again muting is the solution.

I am glad you enjoy wasting several minutes of your own time in order to waste someone else’s for the sole purpose of extracting revenge for playing the game within the rules. It seems very mature and very cool of you.

@wonderboy870 First of all, my post was not an answer to you. [...]
Exact quote to which I replied was ...
Complaining about them like this will only give them more attention and show that their strategy is working.

@wonderboy870 as I am aware, we never played against each other, unless you played with a different account, but I could be wrong. Also you are using phrase "doing something within the rules" and you are asking for a lifetime ban for opponents, who are just doing something within the rules too. This is inconsistency or hypocrisy if you want ...

Also, I explicitly mentioned that I would wish there would be better behaviour on opponents side and I am not enjoying it, neither mean to punish it. I want to give a feedback (and I stated more reasons than just a feedback). Generally, when there is some status quo, it is very unlikely that things will change without a feedback. If person minds something and does nothing about it, just hopes it will change, there is very little chance for spontaneous change. You yourself made this thread because you are giving feedback and want to change something. So do I and I wish that casual mode would be really casual. Among more reasons also for the one you stated, that weaker leaders, which do not have good chances in ranked, have their best bet in casual, but they can not really accomplish anything better way in casual, if there are same decks like in ranked.

Last edited by a moderator:
@wonderboy870 First of all, my post was not an answer to you. [...]
Exact quote to which I replied was ...

@wonderboy870 as I am aware, we never played against each other, unless you played with a different account, but I could be wrong. Also you are using phrase "doing something within the rules" and you are asking for a lifetime ban for opponents, who are just doing something within the rules too. This is inconsistency or hypocrisy if you want ...

Also, I explicitly mentioned that I would wish there would be better behaviour on opponents side and I am not enjoying it, neither mean to punish it. I want to give a feedback (and I stated more reasons than just a feedback). Generally, when there is some status quo, it is very unlikely that things will change without a feedback. If person minds something and does nothing about it, just hopes it will change, there is very little chance for spontaneous change. You yourself made this thread because you are giving feedback and want to change something. So do I and I wish that casual mode would be really casual. Among more reasons also for the one you stated, that weaker leaders, which do not have good chances in ranked, have their best bet in casual, but they can not really accomplish anything better way in casual, if there are same decks like in ranked.

I use this name. Before when I was playing on PS4 I had different one (not sure why but they didn’t let me use this name back then but did this time around.) I don’t recall facing you, and in general my frustration is not with you but with people who engage in a specific behavior.

My point about bans relates to abuses within the rules. If you need the time for whatever reason (bad internet connection, physical handicap, etc...) that is different from deliberately slow playing to reduce enjoyment and cause a negative experience for your opponent. Not only does it turn people off to the game, but it could be construed as a form of cheating. With the goal being to artificially lengthen the game beyond the amount of time a reasonable player can be expected to have for the match. Especially now that this is a mobile game and people can play it during lunch, on the bus, etc... When a player is forced to leave because of time or driven to leave by the frustration caused by their opponents delay, the bad actor is rewarded with a win, daily crowns, and exp consistent with a win. This is a fundamental flaw in the design of Gwent. If it isn’t against the current rules, it should be. It is at the very least against the spirit of Gwent.

What really bothers me is you thinking you have the right to “give a feedback” in this manner. It is one thing if you slow play once (especially if your opponent is taking forever,) but to do so for the entire match. You say you don’t care about winning, but you have a chance of doing so anyway as a direct result. The mechanism intended for sending this message is not giving a good game.

Finally, People play net decks in casual for any number of reasons. They might be rushed for time, or testing a variation, or learning how it works. That you feel entitled to reduce their enjoyment of the game is just sad. I obviously will not be able to change your mind, but you should appreciate that your message is not getting through as often as you think. When people pull this stunt with me my default assumption is they are trying to steal a win by making the match too time consuming to be worth playing. I think if you started a poll a lot of people would make the same assumption.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would gladly welcome such option to block certain individuals. Afterall getting matched up several times (even during one day - yes that happens) with the same guy who plays the same boring deck, or encountering someone that spams taunts as if it was his main priority, is annoying and brings a thought of "why the hell there's no option to block the guy so that I don't have to waste my time on him again?".

this is a problem in all turn based games. come ppl have no life and like to rope every single turn for no reason at all. best and most obvious solution would be to make it like chess matches. every player have a time bank of 3 or 4 mins throughout the game and 10 or 15 secs per turn

I wish the game had a rudimentary chat box where you could say something to your opponent, besides emoting and roping there's no way to comunicate, maybe that's why people are roping so much, its one of the only "alternative" to emoting.

In poker you always have a chat box, if you use it or not, if you have it up or hidden, is your prerogative, and part of the strategy. You could tell your hand as a bluff, or for real so later the opponent believes you which you can use later.

Chat would bring a lot of metagame and for once the possibility to comunicate clearly what you want to say.

Do not bring up that the game has a chat system, that is AFTER the match.

In my view, a chat system would bring gross insults and major taunting. I personally don't feel the need to communicate with my opponent nor do I want to hear from them, so I muted any feedback from them. Now I play more relaxed.

In my view, a chat system would bring gross insults and major taunting. I personally don't feel the need to communicate with my opponent nor do I want to hear from them, so I muted any feedback from them. Now I play more relaxed.

Fair point, it is most likely the reason.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Add the goddamn Blitz Mode, CDPR!

On the past few months, i've even started forfeiting because the opponent is taking too long. And if it's a beginner, clearly with a limited cardpool and starter deck variations, that is understandable, but if you're playing a meta-deck, which usually already comes with a guide telling you exactly what to do, im sorry but you dont get to take 45 seconds of my time to play the card i predicted you were gonna play in 3 seconds, from having played a hundred players with exactly the same deck and who did the same thing.
I'd rather take the loss, even if i was going to win, and continue searching for more interesting opponents.

Add the goddamn Blitz Mode, CDPR!

On the past few months, i've even started forfeiting because the opponent is taking too long. And if it's a beginner, clearly with a limited cardpool and starter deck variations, that is understandable, but if you're playing a meta-deck, which usually already comes with a guide telling you exactly what to do, im sorry but you dont get to take 45 seconds of my time to play the card i predicted you were gonna play in 3 seconds, from having played a hundred players with exactly the same deck and who did the same thing.
I'd rather take the loss, even if i was going to win, and continue searching for more interesting opponents.

Now imagine they do it on purpose. Not because they don’t know what to play, but because in unranked people like you and me might just leave because they are taking too long. They get the win for wasting time.

I’ve now been playing two months, so I’m not a complete newcomer. But there are lots of reasons I might be playing slowly. Probably the most likely is simply that I cannot get mechanics to work right: grabbing the correct card, placing it in the correct location within a row, targeting the correct enemy (or figuring out why I can’t target the desired unit), etc. But I might be slow because I don’t remember card descriptions, or the descriptions mislead me. Occasionally, I don’t realize I failed to hit the end turn button until I see the blue timer. Sometimes I have to deal with a brief interruption. Sometimes I am impressed by your move, and I want to figure out how you did it. Sometimes I am trying to add up boosts and bleeding to see whether I will remain ahead if I pass. Perhaps we would all enjoy the game a bit more if we don’t automatically assume the worst motives for our opponent.

I’ve now been playing two months, so I’m not a complete newcomer. But there are lots of reasons I might be playing slowly. Probably the most likely is simply that I cannot get mechanics to work right: grabbing the correct card, placing it in the correct location within a row, targeting the correct enemy (or figuring out why I can’t target the desired unit), etc. But I might be slow because I don’t remember card descriptions, or the descriptions mislead me. Occasionally, I don’t realize I failed to hit the end turn button until I see the blue timer. Sometimes I have to deal with a brief interruption. Sometimes I am impressed by your move, and I want to figure out how you did it. Sometimes I am trying to add up boosts and bleeding to see whether I will remain ahead if I pass. Perhaps we would all enjoy the game a bit more if we don’t automatically assume the worst motives for our opponent.

There is a difference between taking your time and literally never ending your from the opening move. There are people I get matched with 1-3 times a day who choose to not press the button. If they know they have no leader or order cards left so the turn will auto end, they wait to play the card until the bar is almost completed depleted. There is a difference between slower play and deliberate slow playing. I don’t mind newer players taking their time, (I wish I could see the prestige level so I would know one way or another,) but that is just not what this thread is about.

Hello everyone, I'm writing here since I do not have permission to start a new thread... (I've been playing Gwent since the Open beta, but I'm not so active in the forum).
So I hope that admins can move this to a new thread.
It's basically a suggestion: would it be possible to add a Blacklist for undesired users in future patches? I'm asking this because the amount of players who disconnects to avoid losing a game (we all know it's not possible, but they are keep doing this) AND people who likes to rope-coach have reached unbearable levels.
Some players seems to take pleasure in make opponent losing time: Gwent matches are not "fast" by default, and some users have very little time to play during the day. I'm sure this feature will be much appreciated by all users.
Well, except for the categories mentioned above :)

@Psycho1975 A thread about this already exists. Post moved there.

I'm certain (though I've never seen a CDPR statement on the topic) such a feature will never, ever be added, simply because it would cause far too much anger among the community.

It's a multiplayer game, and it's gonna have all kinds of people playing it. Ignoring the ones you find annoying or unpleasant or whatever is the way to go. The matches cannot go on for ever no matter how much someone ropes, and you can always do something else while waiting for a roper to finally finish their turn. I know I often alt-tab when that happens to me.

Top Bottom