[Suggestion] Add More Screen Resolution/Aspect Options to the Game

+
16:10 resolutions not supported?

Hello guys :)

I'm not sure if it's an issue because I use a 16:10 display or just the game is not set up for any higher, but...

I'm using a 16:10 display with a native 1680x1050 resolution. However, in the settings, I cannot select my native resolution. I have only 1366x768 and smaller (like 1152x648, etc.)...

Anyone has any experience with it?

I have 16:10 screen with 1920x1200 resolution and max ingame resolution I have is FullHD (1920x1080) :(

Resolution Issue

I don't have native resolution available. I normally play with 1440x900 but I can choose only 1280x720, 1360x768 and 1366x768.

Enjoying the game so far, but have to play in windowed mode because in full screen everything is blurred.

The closed beta is solely in 16:9 with the next possible resolution beeing 1600x900. If your monitor can't display that you are stuck with the next lowest, 1366x768.

My monitor is 1680x1050 but i cannot choose other resolutions then 1280x720. But my monitor could easily run 1600x900 you mentioned.

Hello,

got the same problem as well, I have a 1680x1050 monitor and game seems that doesn't support 16:10 monitors so I have to play in much lower resolutions.
The result is that the game is very blurry and get's quite tiresome after 2-3 matches. Never had a problem with any game before and it's a shame that I want to play the game so much but can't because of that.

I have AMD - Radeon R9 290. What do you mean by "resolution override"?

Nuts. I was hoping you would say Nvidia so I could guide you right to it. It'll likely be under Radeon Crimson's "Display" tab. See if the Resolution settings are set specifically to 16:10 only or something. Alternatively, there may be a "force aspect ratio through the GPU" type setting. I'm not familiar with Crimson at all, unfortunately, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

You're looking to set these things either to "Auto" or forcing the setting to your desired in-game resolution. You will also want to disable scaling / stretching.

Ultra-Wide support 21:9

First of all, just wanted to say that I love the game and think its current state is fantastic, but would love to see 21:9 support, my monitor runs at 3440x1440 and the game looks great but would love to see the black side bars replaced with witcher-themed art or some sort of medieval patterns or something. Not requesting full res support as I know the pains of re-jigging GUI but some art to replace the black bars would be fantastic, thanks guys.

I'm also running a 21:9 as my main monitor (tho it's not as big as yours, only got a 25" 1080p one), so I feel your pain.
I asked on their fb site about it during the alpha / server test and they confirmed me, the game will have 21:9 at some point.

But I wouldn't expect it within the next few months but rather when the game is about to be released.
They might tweak the UI during the beta and then they'd have to think about different aspect ratios again.
Most likely they wait until they are sure, that they are 100% happy with the 16:9 UI and then they'll take care of stuff like 16:10 and 21:9.

Attachments

• Unbenannt1.PNG
    Unbenannt1.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Thanks! Really glad to hear that, it's not a must but it really does help with the immersion if you haven't got big black boxes either side of the game! Thankyou for the details ccv, maybe one day in a perfect world all games will support our aspect ratios! Hopefully we meet on the battlefield.

ccv123;n6972500 said:
I'm also running a 21:9 as my main monitor (tho it's not as big as yours, only got a 25" 1080p one), so I feel your pain.
I asked on their fb site about it during the alpha / server test and they confirmed me, the game will have 21:9 at some point.

But I wouldn't expect it within the next few months but rather when the game is about to be released.
They might tweak the UI during the beta and then they'd have to think about different aspect ratios again.
Most likely they wait until they are sure, that they are 100% happy with the 16:9 UI and then they'll take care of stuff like 16:10 and 21:9.
Thx for info dude.

Just curious, what sort of monitor/device do you have that uses such unusual resolution?

Lantea;n7733290 said:
Just curious, what sort of monitor/device do you have that uses such unusual resolution?

I always thought to be the usual resolution. It is a 22" Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW. Have to check the number when I get home. This is the first game that I saw that doesn't have that resolution.

Last edited:
Yeah i also use the same resolution. A lot of 22" Monitors use is. For example at my workplace all 22" monitors are 16:10 / 1680:1050.
I only play the game in window mode because of that because it just doesn`t look right with the wrong res. maybe that could be a temporary solution for you too

Top Bottom