Suggestion: adjust Aglais' ability

+
Suggestion: adjust Aglais' ability

I guess Commanders Horn was nerfed partially because of Aglais. Now, players use her to abuse other powerful specials like Aeromancy, and it's especially bad when she's combined with Eithne. So I think Aglais needs her ability changed a bit. How about "Choose 3 special cards in graveyard and resurrect one of them (random)" or something along these lines?

No, absolutely not. She is nowhere close to being OP and she has been nerfed enough already.
I wasn't particularly happy with the last nerf of not being able to choose special cards from the opponent's graveyard, but we can live with that for now.

If you're scared of multiple Aeromancy plays, there are many things you can do to counter this:
- Monsters: Steal played Aeromancy with Griffin.
- NR: You have golds everywhere you look (I'm currently playing with NR and don't usually get affected much by multiple Aeromancy plays from Scoia players)
- Skellige: There are many weather resistant units. Lots of Skellige players use weather themselves these days.
- Scoia: You're even now :)

Apart from these, there's always First Light -> Clear Skies.

First, you wanna use first light to thin ur deck - aglais prevents it. Second, why the hell monsters should play griffins only because of aglais? See, even in ur response u pointing out that to play against aglais u should change ur deck only to counter 1 card from 1 faction - thats why aglais should be nerfed.

No, No, No - not again a lot of nerfs on Aglais. 2 Nerfs are really enough - there are other decks/cards who needs really more balance then her.

InvisibleArrow;n7407110 said:
- Monsters: Steal played Aeromancy with Griffin. - NR: You have golds everywhere you look (I'm currently playing with NR and don't usually get affected much by multiple Aeromancy plays from Scoia players) - Skellige: There are many weather resistant units. Lots of Skellige players use weather themselves these days. - Scoia: You're even now
Hmm, good points.

I agree that she's not defenitely OP, but still quite capable in abusing specific stong specials. I also thought about something like "Choose a special card to resurrect, play it, then banish from the game", but this also wouldn't help much with Aeromancy. And I guess nobody would like this suggestion either, haha.

FransisDrake;n7407270 said:
First, you wanna use first light to thin ur deck - aglais prevents it. Second, why the hell monsters should play griffins only because of aglais? See, even in ur response u pointing out that to play against aglais u should change ur deck only to counter 1 card from 1 faction - thats why aglais should be nerfed.
Griffins are used in almost all power monster decks I've seen. They're used for stealing any important card from an opponent's graveyard, and not just for preventing Aglais -> Aeromancy replay. So it's a pretty versatile card for any kind of match-up and disrupt your opponent's resurrection strategies very effectively.
If you're playing Weather Monsters though, then there's no fear of Aeromancy from opponent's side and not having Griffins isn't an issue.

Oh lol weather monsters)) dude im not a masochist. And griffins r not versatile cause they dont help with any popular matchup except skellige, which is tier 2 atm

Sure, griffins are useless ... what ? griffin a good versus anyone that use graveyard, so that SKE, NR, and SCO with spell (aglais) so, no they are not useless.

Aglais is powerfull, sure. OP ? not at all. need a nerf ? not at all.

nerfing again aglais would be a bad decision.

yes SCO and NR are the deck most played at the top of ranked mode, yes aeromancy is a card that can win a round.

but why nerf aglais ? main issue lie with deck thining because of the way first light / rally work, and the lack of "strong" weather immune card for some faction.

aglais does not need nerf? seriously??

this was a real game:

ST players begins:
f elven mercenary>Clear sky>rally> another f elven mercenary> SCORCH

my turn, ( i was ROFL with the previous turn)
Giant Toad devours Fiend, draw vesemir! ( me happy!)

ST player:
nature's gift> SCORCH

My turn: a fiend

ST player: aglais: SCORCH

my turn: ghiould devours a fiend

ST player: eithne> aglais: SCORCH

my turn: vesemir trio is out

ST player: last f elven mercenary> Aeromancy

i pass the turn

Second round begins, st player use his ability and its my turn: erendin

St player : renew: aglais: f 4TH SCORCH.

aglais f needs more nerf:

-specials replayed by aglais should be banished
-scorch and aeromancy should be a one time trick like C horn and decoy.
- no card should spawn 2 specials like aeromancy does, this basically makes aglais weather spam unstoppable.

I disagree. I think she's fine how she is. But I play Scoia'tael a lot ... so I'm probably biased. She's been nerfed enough IMO.

geok1ng;n7412480 said:

(...)

- no card should spawn 2 specials like aeromancy does, this basically makes aglais weather spam unstoppable.

A Griffin would have been helpful...

But Aglais should maybe not copy the special card but rather "resurrect" it, so that there is only one copy of scorch in the graveyard.

geok1ng;n7412480 said:

this was a real game: [...]

What you are describing is an extreme case where you have all the proper cards. It's not like you can keep doing this every match. Besides, when you see a Scorch/Aeromancy in a ST graveyard, you can bet there is an Aglais hiding somewhere.

EDIT: I just remembered this thread:

1. Scorch
  2. Nature's Gift
  3. Aglais
  4. Eithne + Aglais
  5. Johnny
  6. Schirru
  7. Renew (resurrecting Schirru or Aglais)
  8. Shackles on Aglais + Decoy
  9. (Shackles on) Aglais + Milva
You could play Scorch 9 times! Fun times!

Last edited:
geok1ng;n7412480 said:

this was a real game:

ST players begins:
f elven mercenary>Clear sky>rally> another f elven mercenary> SCORCH

my turn, ( i was ROFL with the previous turn)
Giant Toad devours Fiend, draw vesemir! ( me happy!)

ST player:
nature's gift> SCORCH

My turn: a fiend

ST player: aglais: SCORCH

my turn: ghiould devours a fiend

ST player: eithne> aglais: SCORCH

my turn: vesemir trio is out

ST player: last f elven mercenary> Aeromancy

i pass the turn

Second round begins, st player use his ability and its my turn: erendin

Sooooooooo he killed his own units, a giant toad, a fiend, a ghoul and Eredin and in doing so blew through Aglais, Eithne, Natures Gift and Renew???? Im sorry but thats garbage value and you won that trade when it comes to the card quality he sacrificed. What the heck was the rest of your deck doing in the meantime?

geok1ng;n7412480 said:
aglais does not need nerf? seriously?? this was a real game: ST players begins: f elven mercenary>Clear sky>rally> another f elven mercenary> SCORCH my turn, ( i was ROFL with the previous turn) Giant Toad devours Fiend, draw vesemir! ( me happy!) ST player: nature's gift> SCORCH My turn: a fiend ST player: aglais: SCORCH my turn: ghiould devours a fiend ST player: eithne> aglais: SCORCH my turn: vesemir trio is out ST player: last f elven mercenary> Aeromancy i pass the turn Second round begins, st player use his ability and its my turn: erendin St player : renew: aglais: f 4TH SCORCH

poor value scorch, aglais ethnee used, you loose to that ? aglais dont need a nerf, you need a buff in "playing smart, winning two round is the goal"

Oh well, this thread turned into something I never intended it to be. I guess I shouldn't have focus it around Aglais, but rather around the fact that silver specials are silver for a reason, and who knows what other powerful silver cards devs will add to the game later on? So I think it would be a good idea to do something to prevent abusing strong silver specials altogether, would it be Aglais or some other new unit. And I don't mean it as obligatory, but really just a suggestion.

NlelithZ44;n7417050 said:
So I think it would be a good idea to do something to prevent abusing strong silver specials altogether, would it be Aglais or some other new unit.

Nice idea. Something like fleeting, so that this card don't go the graveyard after use.

Wait.

The dev are so good, they have included your idea already with the last patch.

Top Bottom