Suggestion: All NPC clothing and hairstyles be available to players

+

Please allow all NPC clothing, accessories, hairstyles, and chrome to be available to the player. There is no practical reason why these things, already implemented in the game, be community modded to obtain, especially when the source material of cyberpunk tabletop game would allow for it. (this can exclude Story characters).

Players can Opt in to have their V's Wardrobe shared across NPCs, including other Players. NPC / pedestrians have a narrow selection of wordrobes, hence why it is common to see NPC walking around, that look alike. Please make an option for players to opt-in to share their outfits with other players. When a player opts in, they will see NPCs walking around with Wordrobes created by other players.

On the matter of the source material, it was very striking how the lack of hairstyle for people of color, such as Coarse hairstyle, were not originally in the launch game and only added later being that the creator of Cyberpunk, Mike pondsmith, is of african decent.

Last edited:
Please allow all NPC clothing, accessories, hairstyles, and chrome to be available to the player. There is no practical reason why these things, already implemented in the game, be community modded to obtain, especially when the source material of cyberpunk tabletop game would allow for it. (this can exclude Story characters).
This one has bugged me since day one. Doesn't seem to be a good reason why not, and modders had enabled most within the first week. I still want 2077 Rogue's hair (which isn't even exclusive to her as other NPCs share it...)
Hopefully there's been enough demand that these will be introduced next patch or with the PL expansion.

Players can Opt in to have their V's Wardrobe shared across NPCs, including other Players. NPC / pedestrians have a narrow selection of wordrobes, hence why it is common to see NPC walking around, that look alike. Please make an option for players to opt-in to share their outfits with other players. When a player opts in, they will see NPCs walking around with Wordrobes created by other players.
Shared with NPCs, why not. But shared with other players, highly unlikely, knowing that CDPR gave up all kind of multiplayer features on REDEngine (it would be a kind of multiplayer features, because if you want to "share" an outfit with other players, you will have to upload some datas from your game to a server. And to see your outfit, other players will have to "download" these datas from the server).

For the rest, let's hope :)

Shared with NPCs, why not. But shared with other players, highly unlikely, knowing that CDPR gave up all kind of multiplayer features on REDEngine (it would be a kind of multiplayer features, because if you want to "share" an outfit with other players, you will have to upload some datas from your game to a server. And to see your outfit, other players will have to "download" these datas from the server).

For the rest, let's hope :)

Well, CDPR has some kind of server dedicated to some information about CP2077 since cross-save is a thing. Saving outfit data from players opting in wouldn't be much of a challenge. I mean, they could pull it straight from the cross save.

In other words, the necessary infrastructure is probably largely already there. It's getting it in-game for what is likely a very small amount of players who would be interested in this that's unlikely. I like the idea but hate it at the same time, I can already imagine the kind of absolutely bonkers outfits we'd end up with. It's not like the online community isn't exceptionally well known for this. They'll find a way to put dicks everywhere in yo game people.

Other than that, obviously, more player customization is just always an exceptionally good thing.

Well, CDPR has some kind of server dedicated to some information about CP2077 since cross-save is a thing. Saving outfit data from players opting in wouldn't be much of a challenge. I mean, they could pull it straight from the cross save.

In other words, the necessary infrastructure is probably largely already there. It's getting it in-game for what is likely a very small amount of players who would be interested in this that's unlikely. I like the idea but hate it at the same time, I can already imagine the kind of absolutely bonkers outfits we'd end up with. It's not like the online community isn't exceptionally well known for this. They'll find a way to put dicks everywhere in yo game people.

Other than that, obviously, more player customization is just always an exceptionally good thing.
ure, it's just "datas" (like account GOG, outfit name and clothes ID in the outfit), fairly simple and "light". But what I have in mind was the "behind the syste... Cross progression is "personnal", you can't "screw" other players game. Beside, I don't know if there is any verification... If you try to load a modded save created on PC on a Playstation or Xbox, you can ? Because I assume it can't go well...

So indeed, avoiding "dicks or boobs"... But also be sure that outfit shared are vanilla and not modded (disable the feature is mods are used ? Verify if clothes ID are accurate and non modded ?). And also if NPCs can wear other players outfit, add this option in the NPC generation (not alls can be included... The big dudes can't wear V's outfits^^).

Anyway, in comparison with more hairstyles and all NPC clothes available for V, it seem way more "difficult" and unlikely (for me at least) :)

ure, it's just "datas" (like account GOG, outfit name and clothes ID in the outfit), fairly simple and "light". But what I have in mind was the "behind the syste... Cross progression is "personnal", you can't "screw" other players game. Beside, I don't know if there is any verification... If you try to load a modded save created on PC on a Playstation or Xbox, you can ? Because I assume it can't go well...

So indeed, avoiding "dicks or boobs"... But also be sure that outfit shared are vanilla and not modded (disable the feature is mods are used ? Verify if clothes ID are accurate and non modded ?). And also if NPCs can wear other players outfit, add this option in the NPC generation (not alls can be included... The big dudes can't wear V's outfits^^).

Anyway, in comparison with more hairstyles and all NPC clothes available for V, it seem way more "difficult" and unlikely (for me at least) :)

Oh, I was not implying that it would be an easy thing to do or even that it's likely to happen. I don't think it will, in fact. Only that some of the legwork is already done. Discussion for the sake of discussion if you will.

Neither did I mean the dick joke as anything but a joke. Limiting the system to specific item IDs would be fairly simple thus allowing proper distribution between platforms and modded/unmodded game states. Even if someone was to bypass that and get modded clothes to replace clothing using a specific ID, it still wouldn't show up as modded clothes in other people's games unless they too have those specific modded asset installed. That vanilla ID would always point towards vanilla models and textures on unmodded/console games.

It would still result in a large number of absolutely weird outfits. Some people would literally make it a point to get the weirdest outfit possible in other people's game. It would still be vanilla assets shared between all game versions but seeing a bunch of people in full on combat gear walking around the city center would definitely be immersion breaking for me. Not a feature I'd use in other words.

Top Bottom