[Suggestion] Best way to nerf weather

+
Making clear weather a face down trap haha. Along with a counter thunderbolt trap card called elongated pitchfork haha so that it is not as predictable. Maybe counter by Lane instead of global. Meaning affect the current row and side only and opponent still gets his weather.

If the card can be made a persistent effect with one or two strength but weather will retake place when removed. That would call for some removals from the monster decks.

Last edited:
Astavious;n7107930 said:
Making clear weather a face down trap haha. Along with a counter thunderbolt trap card called elongated pitchfork haha so that it is not as predictable. Maybe counter by Lane instead of global. Meaning affect the current row and side only and opponent still gets his weather.

If the card can be made a persistent effect with one or two strength but weather will retake place when removed. That would call for some removals from the monster decks.
Sorry, I couldn't quite follow, can you please be more clear?

By the way, yesterday I played against someone who played a NR Weather type build which I never encountered before. I think he had 2 out of every weather in his hands. Maybe even 3 frost, 2 fog and 2 rain. Because on round 1, he filled the area with 3 weathers. I managed to put Geralt (12) and some Commandos with 3 or 2 and 4, on the rink, he used Sargent to Silver out my Gold, and then he simply applied ANOTHER frost. Then Lacerated.
And on the finale round (can't remember if it was 2 or 3) - he did it again and used 3 weathers. Had more troops than me and more gold. He pretty much applied frost 3 times and the other weathers 2-3 times as well, and used auto-gold units and shooting/laceration. That was something different I give him that, but it was frustrating nevertheless.

RansomSeraph;n7108570 said:
By the way, yesterday I played against someone who played a NR Weather type build which I never encountered before. I think he had 2 out of every weather in his hands. Maybe even 3 frost, 2 fog and 2 rain. Because on round 1, he filled the area with 3 weathers. I managed to put Geralt (12) and some Commandos with 3 or 2 and 4, on the rink, he used Sargent to Silver out my Gold, and then he simply applied ANOTHER frost. Then Lacerated. And on the finale round (can't remember if it was 2 or 3) - he did it again and used 3 weathers. Had more troops than me and more gold. He pretty much applied frost 3 times and the other weathers 2-3 times as well, and used auto-gold units and shooting/laceration. That was something different I give him that, but it was frustrating nevertheless.

how did he draw cards with so many weather cards???

I mean to make an anti weather ambush card that is played face down. When a specific weather that affects that particular row, negate it as long as the trap is faced up on that field. This could
1) not penalise as heavily the monster decks as they can still remove it like they normally would. Like tremor after rag nar roog normally would wipe your board but instead that same combo would make one of your rows down to 1 point each unit because they have to clear the anti weather ambush card first.
2) encourage more counter plays, and gives you time to react. It also could see play in people placing the anti weather ambush card on the opposite side to block any ice giant buffs or foglets from spawning, potentially making them draw into their foglets as bad draws.

But only having one kind of neutral ambush makes it very predictable. Therefore other sort of counter ambush needs to be put in the mix.

pl91;n7109150 said:
how did he draw cards with so many weather cards???
Hell if I know. Honestly I don't.

One way to nerf Weather would be that if you Promote someone into Gold - he should become immune to Gold - thus gaining his Base strength back. It makes perfect sense, and I don't understand why they did otherwise. That's how it would have worked on TW3 Basic Gwent if Promote existed.

RansomSeraph;n7104670 said:
I am no where near the "top decks" in my level and currently minimal card list.

What exactly do you mean by those top decks? Is there an "agreed upon", known, deck list for the best possible decks? Could you send me a link to this source? I'd like to browse through those builds.

Monster Weather is OP, when all your creatures are immune to weather, when you can't buff without dying by a simple lacerate or 1-shot from wild hunt raider, and can't buff gold, etc.
You waste your 1 round, maybe getting a win, while your rival can keep 2 or more strong creatures. Next round is another weather fest and so on.
D-Bomb and Clear Sky are useless to keep, and will often be a dead-card in your hand on the last round.
You have 4 cards that can make 2-3 weather effects at the same time. Then you have at least 4 creatures that spawn weather and those are strong creatures in their own right: hag, Leshen, Wild Hunt guy, Frost Giant. Then you even have that leader Dagon. And up to x3 of each weather type.

You can't wait against weather because you will get slashed or 1-shotted. You can't put many troops because even 5 guys with promote will only give you 15, and your opponent has bigger guns than that.

I dunno maybe something about those "top decks" you are talking about making Weather weaker - but at this point - with the current poor matchmaking that pits my level 24 decks against guys with perfect weather decks with a lot more gold and silver cards than mine - Weather IS OP - but mostly lame, unfair and not fun to play with.
You are basically left with no means to protect or counter - the counter itself becomes a curse.
EDIT: could you please explain to me what so good about Roach, Olgerd, Baron, Radovid etc- against Weather?

Im sorry but you are misunderstanding the matchup if you think D-bomb is a useless card against weather.

I primarily play monster weather and dbomb in skel wrecks my day more often than not (especially because their spies typically give them card advantage, which is something monster has very few ways of gaining)

Weather is just straight up not as strong as direct removal as far as a control mechanism for a deck goes once you start playing decks that can recur those special cards or that can gain card advantage against you and dbomb last turn.

Top Bottom