[Suggestion] Blitz Mode (Draconid Seasonal)

+
Adding a timer wouldn't be good for beginners and they start off as casuals. There should be another mode however like a party fun mix, speed sessions, pre-assembled decks sessions, similar to events but for multiplayer. This is for players that want to mix up game play.

Between playing a card and using Leader's ability, there's like 1-2 seconds blockade that leader is not 'active'
After playing a card there is similar blockade that prevents from clicking "end turn"... I happen to click "end turn" like 10 times before it finally activates... Slows game a bit, if someone doesn't want to waste trenemdous amount of time...
I'm not sure if it's possible to delete these 'blockades' because if it was, I guess it'd be done already... probably sth to do with server response time...

^^^ but that's not new game mode, it's a further customalisation or whatever, can me done without new modes.... ^^^

EVENT suggestion:
- make an event that the time you waste for playing a card decreases the amount of XP you get.
- OR different match rules. Like in chess there are different types of play, i.e. BLITZ where you have 2 minutes in total and once your turn starts, it goes down 1 second. When the timer goes down to 0, you wouldn't be able to move anymore. For each move there is 2 seconds added to your timer. But then every charge would need to add a proper amount of time because these animations take lots of time. Every charge, every order, every deploy ability.
Post automatically merged:

If someone needs lots of time to add two plus two, you can do it when your opponents' thinking, so it's not actually 30 seconds but <<30+opponent's>> up to over 60 (bcs animations) for each move...

Last edited:
Last time I left for over a year because I hated coin flip and how it effected win ratio. This time, I am very tempted to leave because people take forever to play. Seriously there needs to be a mode for people who don't need even half the time to plan that is allowed every single move. To their credit there are plenty of players who plan while I move and then play right away. However, the number of people who let the bar appear every turn is just way too high. This is an easy fix in the settings menu and while it might complicate matchmaking, I am willing to wait longer for a game so long as the game itself is quicker.

It's a card game you know, not a looter shooter. Just deal with the wait. Have a book on the side or something.

I'd wish for some adjustments to game speed too. Be it a speed mode, or players having a total time limit for their game (but get additional 20 seconds per turn), such that you might take your time for an important move, but can't do that every turn.

That's exactly what I would think everyone wants xd... idk how can someone not want it...
ps dozens of merged threads:( they were thought of independently I believe

it's just silly that people start thinking once their clock starts, and they spend 30 seconds even if there's no real decision to make... And they can start thinking when opponent's clock starts, so they would have +5-35 seconds... Also if they TRY to think ahead even 1 turn, they already know what to play next, even if it's a set of 3 cards, and then decision should be quick, simply answering opponent, no big deal...

I can understand tournament competitors taking 30 seconds - but that's because each move is worth 25k $ (or even 100k...) for them, that IS a big deal... But regular play is for the entertainment not money, no? So why to give up entertainment and play like a vegetable

Last edited:

Guest 4339135

Last time I left for over a year because I hated coin flip and how it effected win ratio. This time, I am very tempted to leave because people take forever to play. Seriously there needs to be a mode for people who don't need even half the time to plan that is allowed every single move. To their credit there are plenty of players who plan while I move and then play right away. However, the number of people who let the bar appear every turn is just way too high. This is an easy fix in the settings menu and while it might complicate matchmaking, I am willing to wait longer for a game so long as the game itself is quicker.

Yeah, there should be a speed mode, it's really annoying to play against all these slow players. I think in ranked mode the normal speed is ok, but in the seasonal or causal mode we need more speed. You just want to try a deck or do the quests and your opponent needs a minute for every card he is playing, I don't have enough time for ranked and the slow season mode, this should go faster.

Hello,

I rarely post feedback but as a GWENT player since Witcher 3, I must say that the Dracond Season rules for 8 seconds fast play was the best for my personal time management situation. I think such a mode should be an option. In fact, I basically quit playing since the end of the draconid season because of the time play length. Please consider this feedback. I miss Gwent but life doesn't stop.

Jose

Guest 4368268

Would make a lot of sense since Gwent Mobile is around the corner. It would fit the format very well. A lot of unfortunate changes in my opinion were made in Homecoming to cater to Mobile Gwent which was on the horizon, but this could actually be a positive one.

Hi,

Please add a game mode which have a shorter timer for people who like quick game. This would be great as a challenge because you don't have time to think your strategy. And you're welcome if you take my idea.

Cheers!

DRK3

Forum veteran
On the dev stream just now they acknowledge the popularity of Draconid mode as the most popular Seasonal.

I think we must not give up and keep requesting it for them to actually add it as a permanent mode, specially with faster animations now it will be even better.

It will be accessible to everyone but only recommended to experienced players who know every card by heart and can make decisions in 8/10 seconds instead of the borefest of 60 sec turns...

How about a Blitz chezz like Gwent game mode? A game mode where each player have for example 2 or 3 minutes total to use each round which then refreshes the next.
If your timer goes out, you loose the round. I think this could be a lot of fun, at least as a seosonal game mode........

This post was merged......... just so you know

Last edited:
As I progress I note that games tend to get longer and longer and longer...

And so I suggest adding a blitz mode (like in chess): so that each side has 5-7 sec to make move.
(And it would be not bad if animation was faster there too)
And of course a tick box in options "Accept blitz" and "Look only for blitz" or smth like that...

p.s. at first I thought about blitz exactly like in chess - 5 min per game, but I guess 5 sec per move is even better.

I would love that.
One of the reason to stop playing Gwent is because the slow, lazy, irritable players.
Is such a boring and frustrating environment when the opponent take a life time to deploy a card.

It's a Tuesday afternoon, my wife and daughter are in the other room playing tea time; and I'm sitting on the toilet playing Gwent on my phone. I'm reaching the second round of an intense battle between NR and NG when all of a sudden the unsuspecting, yet not surprising nagging of my wife begins to ring throughout the house. I've been on the toilet pushing.....20mins, and all I have is a long round one behind me and the hopes for a short round three in the near future...

The slight dread of wondering if I'll be able to finish the match before my wife comes in an rips my phone from my hand, slowly creeps into my head. "Oh, how I long for a Gwent mode I can play in less than 15 mins" I think to myself before finishing my game, cleaning up and heading off to face my fate.

Has anyone else experienced this? Had or have this longing for a shorter game mode?

On a seriously note a shorter 1 round, 10 card game mode that isn't seasonal and maybe a few tweaked rules would be nice for the times I want the Gwent fix and I'm on the toilet or sitting in bed, or the bus, or at work etc.

The classic games are too long for a mobile game imo. I love having the game on my phone but with young children, a wife and daily responsibilities I usually find myself with 2-3hrs a day where I can play....if I sacrifice another activity, such as eating, napping, spending time with my wife etc, so I usually use my phone as a way to log in for the daily reward and maybe do some deck building, reward tree exploring etc and not actually playing any games except casual/seasonal modes where I can quite if I need to.

As I progress I note that games tend to get longer and longer and longer...

And so I suggest adding a blitz mode (like in chess): so that each side has 5-7 sec to make move.
(And it would be not bad if animation was faster there too)
And of course a tick box in options "Accept blitz" and "Look only for blitz" or smth like that...

p.s. at first I thought about blitz exactly like in chess - 5 min per game, but I guess 5 sec per move is even better.

I like the concept, but you forget that internet speeds vary depending on where you are. Splitting the player base would increase wait times and I don’t think Gwent is big enough to accommodate this full time. I agree a blitz mode is good, but with lag 5 seconds is not enough.

Top Bottom