[Suggestion] Blitz Mode (Draconid Seasonal)

+
As I progress I note that games tend to get longer and longer and longer...

And so I suggest adding a blitz mode (like in chess): so that each side has 5-7 sec to make move.
(And it would be not bad if animation was faster there too)
And of course a tick box in options "Accept blitz" and "Look only for blitz" or smth like that...

p.s. at first I thought about blitz exactly like in chess - 5 min per game, but I guess 5 sec per move is even better.

i'm a pretty slow player myself, but i do find some players take almost the full length of time available every turn, so that's a good idea if it's an opt-in as you suggest. i think 5 secs is a bit quick as it's a strategy game, but maybe 7-10 secs would be good

I understand that right now developers should focus on balance, but I think this can be fun. How about adding some sub-gamemodes to the Casual matches? My first suggestion is Blitz casual mode: all the regular game rules apply, but you have 15/10/5 seconds for every turn in first/second/third round respectively. Every time you need to choose a unit on a battlefield / draw a card / other time-consuming animation plays add +3 seconds to the counter.

P.S. Somebody hold Yaki before he comes after me for trying to ruin traditions.

Speed Matches

Some ppl just take ages for every single move. It would be ok for 1 or 2 moves, but not every single turn.

So how about a speed mode ? :

Option 1: Every player only has 10 seconds for every move
Option 2: If the timer starts ticking once it starts ticking for the next move as well

edit: Of course this would be an optional option every player could set individually.

Last edited:
I wouldn't make it an extra Game Mode, just a little checkbock you could toggle even in ranked mode. If you set it on, you only get matched against other players that toggled it on, but you still play ranked.

People like to take their time when playing, respect that. It's not like the timer lasts that long. I know it's annoying but wait till Nilfgaard gets released - everyone will pretty much be roping.

Koaalar.424;n7664790 said:
I wouldn't make it an extra Game Mode, just a little checkbock you could toggle even in ranked mode. If you set it on, you only get matched against other players that toggled it on, but you still play ranked.

Thats not a great option because it splits the player base up and thus it would be harder to find a match.

As for the 10 second suggestion that is not workable because some moves require more then 10 second like when you are swaping 3 cards, playing a big combo, etc...

Not everyone is a fast chess player dude. I like to think carefully when my hand isnt straightforward or when I need to count points, otherwise I mess up.

Last edited:
most plays are obvious and quick but some plays take some time to calculate them

while i doubt any change to turn timer would ever happen, i believe would be nice to make turns shorter by 1 minute but give each player the ability to extend the duration of their turn by 30 seconds 2-3 times per match

seffard;n7667290 said:
Not everyone is a fast chess player dude. I like to think carefully when my hand isnt straightforward or when I need to count points, otherwise I mess up.

I think, you don't waste time ALL moves...?

It's ok, if you think your best move. But many people wasting the other players time at every step, because it's a tactic. I really hate this "tactic", it's not correct.
I know, I can forfeit, but it's not a solution, when I play example 5-6 delaying players/day.

Speed up game

I finally got into beta and it feels like a drag to level. Games take forever. I played the Witcher 3 so I am not completely new to Gwent and there would be others like myself. Been waiting for Gwent since Witcher 3 launch and tried Hearthstone but again found players taking forever to decide so I quit. Here's my suggestions to speed up the game and make it more enjoyable for everyone.

1.) Have a timer start right away each turn. Maybe make the timer less each timer they take too long.

2.) And make a forfeit count a lot less to stop trolls.

3.) Proving grounds. Have a way to level and build your collection to a certain level in single player mode. This way a more experienced player can bypass the new players. New players are less likely to meet experienced players and get crushed.

4.) Mimic the Witcher 3 Gwent quests. Win cards from AI's (they don't have to be crazy powerful. But more tactical something that is useful to players that understand them would be able to make use of them)

5.) Make rewards relative to the time you take to finish turns.

Could we speed things up ?

..or maybe add an extra mode for that.
This isn't chess. You don't have to think over every bloody card you play until the timer kicks in, it's not that complicated.
I have actually forfeited ranked games because the other player took forever each turn, playing and finishing the next game in the time it would have taken to complete 3 turns in the previous one.

Half the time you have to play a card and half the timer. Lose the round if the timer runs out.

There, now you actually have an incentive to not waste everyones time.

If I plop down Yennefer as the first card in a round, I don't begrudge someone taking their time figuring out if they want to fight the uphill battle or pass.
I do the same.

Blitz game mode... sounds like a single round match with 7 or 8 cards for each players to me.
or freaking marathon, 5 round game with 20 cards but you get to get 3-4 cards when each turn ends

Top Bottom