Suggestion: BUFF vs ADD

+
Suggestion: BUFF vs ADD

Hello everyone,

First of all, i want to explain "GREEN Strength Value" and "WHITE Strength Value".

GREEN:

Some cards in the collection can increase a unit's strength with a Green value. Which mean, the strength of that unit can be reset to its original strength.

Lets take SARAH as an example. When a weather card is played, SARAH will increase her strength by 4 Green strengths. If someone play "Dimeritium bomb" , "Decoy" or move her to Graveyard, her strength will reset to its original strenght, which is 3, because of the Green value.

WHITE:

Some cards in the collection can increase a unit's strength with a White value. Which mean, the strength of this unit is now permanent.

Lets take SARAH as an example with CLAN TORDARROCH SHIELDSMITH. The SHIELDSMITH increases SARAH's strength with 4 White Strengths. If someone play "Demeritium bomb", "Decoy" or move her to Graveyard, her strength will remain 7 because of the White Value.

It can be very confusing for new players, even for veteran players, to know when its a WHITE value or a GREEN value, because the terminology of increasing a units strength is the same on WHITE and GREEN.

Suggestion:

GREEN: Use the word BUFF when increase a unit's strength with a Green Value. (Can be reset to its original strength)

WHITE: Use the word ADD when increase a unit's strength with a White Value. (A permanent increase)

Happy Saturday,

Cass

Last edited:

mjul

Forum veteran
GREEN: Use the word BUFF when increase a unit's strength with a Green Value. (Can be reset to its original strength)

WHITE: Use the word ADD when increase a unit's strength with a White Value. (A permanent increase)

Happy Saturday,

Cass

I can sign under this with both hands. Very good idea that will cut on the confusion a lot.

Interesting. I haven't played the game at all but I've watched at least a dozen 30+ minute videos and read many articles on how it plays, and I have to say, this would be really nice. It'd be annoying to try to reset a card to its original value and then have it stay at the value it was already at because you didn't know the difference.

I'm watching Gwent regularly but things you posted here were new to me ... If guys like me who know every card and many other things might didn't realize that, what about new players? That's why this has to be done! Good idea! :)

Top Bottom