Suggestion: Button to report roping

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
Seriously, im getting tired of people, who when things start going a way they dont like, or sometimes even for just answering a taunt with another taunt, and decided to rope the rest of the match.

Im not even using annoying meta decks, and if im lucky with the RNG (just stole a Reveal guy's Sweers with Cantarella), its not my fault. This guy then proceeded to wait till the last second for every turn, and he wasnt even in disadvantage in R3 and ended up winning...

I know then CDPR would be flooded with tons of reports, but they would only check those cases where a player has been reported multiple times on a short span of time.

It's unnaceptable we still have no way to deal with this other than forfeiting, and giving the roper the win they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roping is annoying, sure, but I still do not think it should be punishable.

they would only check those cases where a player has been reported multiple times on a short span of time.
This sounds like an awful lot of work for very little gain. Receiving mountains of reports (people would definitely abuse the system), and tracking reports about individual players? Sorry, but I really cannot support such a suggestion.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, this is a card game, 1 vs 1, roping is literally the worst, most disrespectful thing a player can do to another - instead of a match lasting a possible 7-12 minutes, it can go to 20-30min, and the victim can only either endure it and waste that time or forfeit and make the roper happy.

As annoying as I find it, no, it should not be reportable.

time limits are there as maximum and enforced limit. I'd support an argument for a shorter limit, or a more rapidly decaying one, but I can't support the idea of systematic punishment for doing what the game explicitly allows.

do cosmetic changes to his account. like change his title to "roper". or change border with hangman's noose. for 24 hours. stop asking CDPR to do large fundamental game changing fixes, cause they do it. just be smart about what you ask god dangit

There is one player and nick name is [please don’t shame users in public]

This player is abusing other people and roping for purpose and waiting till last second of each turn.

He plays suddenly card and waiting till last second for purpose and roping,Also sending emotes till last second of turn.

He wants his opponent to forfeit with roping.

Each player plays 16 card in one match(10+3+3) and he is waiting 1 minute for 16 cards.One match is more than 20 minutes because of this guy.

Even he loses first round and I passed suddenly second round.He roped even that second round.

I am sure he is same against other players too you can write down here about him.

CDPR should investigate this guy.

rrc

Forum veteran
As Void_Singer has mentioned, the annoying opponents are not doing anything that is illegal (in Gwent terms). They are just abusing what is legally present. My idea/suggestion would be a Block Player option. So that this person never gets matched again with us. If enough players block him/her, it is an implicit ban. Since it is private to individual players' account, there is public shaming too. No need for CDPR to do Overwatch (like CSGO). I think this is the best and easiest way to handle both for the players and CDPR.

[But.. what if people start blocking players playing broken decks? Hmm.. if one doesn't get matched against anyone for long, they may have to revisit their Blocked list and unblock someone. If someone abuses the Block option, it is going to backfire them too, right?]

As Void_Singer has mentioned, the annoying opponents are not doing anything that is illegal (in Gwent terms). They are just abusing what is legally present. My idea/suggestion would be a Block Player option. So that this person never gets matched again with us. If enough players block him/her, it is an implicit ban. Since it is private to individual players' account, there is public shaming too. No need for CDPR to do Overwatch (like CSGO). I think this is the best and easiest way to handle both for the players and CDPR.

[But.. what if people start blocking players playing broken decks? Hmm.. if one doesn't get matched against anyone for long, they may have to revisit their Blocked list and unblock someone. If someone abuses the Block option, it is going to backfire them too, right?]
This is a pretty good idea. But I could see it getting abused like you mentioned. I can tell you after facing a sihil yesterday that was doing 8 damage by the end of the game I would have probably hut that block button, and that would not be the right use for it. Rage and saltiness might mess such a feature up.

rrc

Forum veteran
This is a pretty good idea. But I could see it getting abused like you mentioned. I can tell you after facing a sihil yesterday that was doing 8 damage by the end of the game I would have probably hut that block button, and that would not be the right use for it. Rage and saltiness might mess such a feature up.
Yes @jgolden234. The point is, it doesn't need moderation. Who you block or unblock is totally upto you and you are ready to own that decision. IMHO most players will not block for a broken deck as the opponent is not guaranteed to play the same deck always. The card may get nerfed. Ideally, no matter how broken a deck is, I wouldn't block anyone for playing that. I may hate that match up, and will probably scold the broken card(s) in my mind, but will not block the opponent. But I will definitely block anyone who does those annoying things. The advantage as I see it is, what we do is upto us and there is no need to do any moderation from CDPR side and annoying people will slowly realize that it is going to hurt them and will stop doing that. Right?

I can see at least three problems with a block feature that could result in a ban from the game.
1. Abuse of the system resulting in unfair bans.
2. Sounds like it would be really complicated to implement.
3. Someone would need to handle/sort all the reports, unless the entire thing was somehow automated. Either way, it would cost time, work and money for what is, ultimately, very little gain.

All in all, I stand by what I've apparently said earlier.

I believe they should decrease the maximum reaction time when you have 3 or less cards in your hand. By that time it's playing finishers mostly and you don't have such a large choice of card sequence in your hand.
Cut the time in 2 when you have 3 cards or less, should do the trick.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
I can see at least three problems with a block feature that could result in a ban from the game.
1. Abuse of the system resulting in unfair bans.
2. Sounds like it would be really complicated to implement.
3. Someone would need to handle/sort all the reports, unless the entire thing was somehow automated. Either way, it would cost time, work and money for what is, ultimately, very little gain.

All in all, I stand by what I've apparently said earlier.
1) There is no ban involved. Lets say I block X, the only implication is X wont be matched against me. If so many people block X (in their personal account) X wont be matched against any of them. If I abuse the system and block every single player I lose against, ultimately I will be the one who will suffer. By Blocking I meant that it doesn't go to CDPR for any moderation.
2) This I agree. MM may be one of the most complex algorithm in the system and to introduce even a simple condition like `if player in blockedlist continue-the-search`, it may have huge impact.
3) With the Block mechanism, no one need to handle any report. No report is generated. Just that every player account has one more column for blocked players list. The account side and the MM algorithm side will only get impacted (will need coding and testing etc).

But I don't see any other alternative too. If such Block system is not there, people may send more Reports to CDPR via support and it may have big impact. With Block system, CDPR support team will be untouched.
Post automatically merged:

I believe they should decrease the maximum reaction time when you have 3 or less cards in your hand. By that time it's playing finishers mostly and you don't have such a large choice of card sequence in your hand.
Cut the time in 2 when you have 3 cards or less, should do the trick.
The only problem is, what if there are many Order cards on the board and you need specific order in which you have to execute? Reducing the time for last few turns will make it harder and will unnecessarily benefit dexterity over strategy.

-snip-
But I don't see any other alternative too. If such Block system is not there, people may send more Reports to CDPR via support and it may have big impact. With Block system, CDPR support team will be untouched.
Okay, I missed the part where you dropped the "results in ban" part. Fair enough.

That very last sentence I would not be so sure about.
But, if roping were to be considered an offense by the developers, then something like that block system would probably be the best solution.
That is, as long as it would be possible to unblock as well. Irreversible block would end up generating support requests as people would change their mind about for example really old blocks.

Nah, It's the best way to tell get revenge on someone that hasn't played a single unit 4 turns into the round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes @jgolden234. The point is, it doesn't need moderation. Who you block or unblock is totally upto you and you are ready to own that decision. IMHO most players will not block for a broken deck as the opponent is not guaranteed to play the same deck always. The card may get nerfed. Ideally, no matter how broken a deck is, I wouldn't block anyone for playing that. I may hate that match up, and will probably scold the broken card(s) in my mind, but will not block the opponent. But I will definitely block anyone who does those annoying things. The advantage as I see it is, what we do is upto us and there is no need to do any moderation from CDPR side and annoying people will slowly realize that it is going to hurt them and will stop doing that. Right?
You could be right. If you block so many people you don't have opponent's you might learn your lesson ;) I definitely think it is a good middle ground since reporting has many flaws as others have mentioned. At least this way cdpr doesn't have to waste time with reports

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Okay, I missed the part where you dropped the "results in ban" part. Fair enough.

That very last sentence I would not be so sure about.
But , if roping were to be considered an offense by the developers, then something like that block system would probably be the best solution.
That is, as long as it would be possible to unblock as well. Irreversible block would end up generating support requests as people would change their mind about for example really old blocks.
Hehe.. yes.. Block with an option to Unblock. That is what I proposed initially too. And in the future release, *Reason for Blocking* added! So that people can know why they blocked someone and can Unblock if the list gets bigger or wants to give a chance again. This is much hassle free than receiving a lot of Support mails (if players send support requests for roping).

rrc

Forum veteran
If it's a field the blocking player fills in, it will be misused.
Again, @Draconifors, all this is inside a players account and is not public. No one can see who has blocked whom and why. The reason is only for the players eyes. The blocked list is only for the MM algorithm.

As someone who often ropes during matches as well because I want to weigh all my options against each other, try to come up with the best play and also think which card my opponent could play next, I am seriously against this notion.

There is a time limit because that's the time players have to think about their actions. Using that time to analyze the game and come up with the best play is fine.

Top Bottom