Suggestion: Button to report roping

+
Honestly there's no easy fix for this. I hate it too but it's not something CDPR could fix that easily. If they change the timer, it would affect everybody and make a lot of people upset. Some kind of roping report button would probably just get abused. So idk, we just have to deal with those toxic players.

I think the solution is not banning but better time controls.
Just look at chess and adapt to Gwent.
For example there could be a set time per turn and an extension time budget which could be used a limited number of times.
Or we could have rapid/blitz games with shorter times, etc.

The time system works fine. They actually changed it slightly, so when a player leaves his computer/console, and you have to wait the whole time, the time is actually shortened down after the first card is discarded.

They also added that DC timeout thing which is now better than before.

As for the time in general, it works out fine, should not be shortened. If someone want to waste their time to troll others like you describe in the first post here, there is really very little to do about it.

Guest 4339135

Seriously, im getting tired of people, who when things start going a way they dont like, or sometimes even for just answering a taunt with another taunt, and decided to rope the rest of the match.

Im not even using annoying meta decks, and if im lucky with the RNG (just stole a Reveal guy's Sweers with Cantarella), its not my fault. This guy then proceeded to wait till the last second for every turn, and he wasnt even in disadvantage in R3 and ended up winning...

I know then CDPR would be flooded with tons of reports, but they would only check those cases where a player has been reported multiple times on a short span of time.

It's unnaceptable we still have no way to deal with this other than forfeiting, and giving the roper the win they want.

I would say that we should add a button for unbelievable luck, too. So that the players who are really bad at this game and only win a match by having a big amount of luck, lose the game automatically because they don't deserve to win.
When you play many matches every day and your opponents always draw all their golds while they have 9 cards left in their decks and you have only 6 left, but 4 of your best cards and you lose the game because of this fact. Or your opponent doesn't understand anything of the matter of Gwent, every second play is questionable and he still wins the match because of his luck. And you are wondering why the people are getting salty?
The problem of this game is that the game isn't skill based anymore, the luckiest player wins the game. And that there are many people out there who abuse cards and play decks like 'no unit', which are very frustrating for the opponent. But CDPR don't care about the big problems in their game. They throw out a new expansion and hope that the players don't care about the problems anymore, while they were ignoring everything what is going wrong here. The game released more than a half year ago and maybe it is finally time for CDPR to focus on the central problems of the game, instead of doing random changes.
For example:
1. A game based on skill --> a higher deck consistency like in the beta would help to bring the factor skill back in the game
2. Stop annoying strategies and decks --> set a limit for special cards in decks (maybe 10 or 15)
3. The artifact problem --> artifacts still feel like a foreign object in the game, the concept doesn't work. Time to kick them out or reveal a new strategy with them
4. Card changes --> problematic cards like An Craite Marauder or Isbel are still in the game (to play against these cards makes the people salty, Isbel is still cheating and nobody cares...)

The players are disappointed because so many things are going wrong in this game, it is very frustrating when you lose a game only because your opponent is incredibly lucky or uses a deck like 'no unit'. It is not surprising that the people are annoyed, because nothing happened about this since the release. So the solution is not a button for roping. CDPR should spend their time on the central problems instead of creating new ones with expansions or something else. And finally, when the game is balanced, problematic strategies/cards are gone and the matches proceed fair, then the number of salty and disappointed players will decrease.

I think roping no unit decks is a common courtesy to the Gwent community.

The more time they lose per game, the less likely you are to find them in matchmaking.

No unit deck "ropers" are the unsung heroes of this community.

Someone waste other's fun playing no units deck, someone waste other's fun & do a service to the community roping. Looks far to me.

It is possible that the number of players who roping has increased ? I think 1 of 5 matches I play whit a roping player.

Really, is not necesary to use full time all rounds, is not the case. Roping is only for bother the opponent.
The only solution for scape of this is giving away the match, and this is very uncomfortable when you are winning...
Post automatically merged:

Nah, It's the best way to tell get revenge on someone that hasn't played a single unit 4 turns into the round.

OK, you think is smart to lose time for you and other persone, only because you lose the match. Bravo!

Last edited:
Laughing here at people who think no-unit decks don't play with 2 monitors reading books while you rope.

I think some people just need to chill.
Not so long ago, I just started my first turn as one person almost immediately begin spamming emotion "get moving faster".

I think some people just need to chill.
Not so long ago, I just started my first turn as one person almost immediately begin spamming emotion "get moving faster".
But this is not the problem talked here.
I think you have the luck to not play whit a roping player.

Today I met a ridiculous player [player name removed] who uses full 30 seconds or so for every single move, even if he has 1 damned card in hand!
Any way to report him?
ps I can't play my new cool deck in seasonal because after clicking Calanthe she must move her hand, then for several seconds animations and transitions untill finally I can choose a card, then after clicking charge, several seconds until I can use this charge, and so on...

Any way to report him?

No, roping is not in violation of the rules, unless the player in question is doing it every single time for every match.

However, mentioning player names on the forum is in violation of the rules. Edited the post and merged it with the existing thread.

Unfortunate that it's not considered against the rules (yet...).
And most likely never will be, because
a) there is NO way to prove what would need to be proved, and there never will be,
b) too little gain for how much work it would undubtedly require (implementing the system, handling the reports, etc.),
3) turns so have a time limit, and patience is a rather important part of games that have a strategy element, and
4) it would be abused, 100% guaranteed.

How about a mechanic in game that detects when someone is roping and just ends the round. :D
I mean if the person has 2-3 cards less then me and also less then 7 but already has more points then me then the game should figure out what's going on? Something like that, a better option then reporting people, less work for all of us. Esp less work for the ropers themselves because honestly he is putting much more effort into it then me who I just put on some music and minimize the game, mute the game and chill while he has to focus on casting cards one by one at the last second lol.

Top Bottom