Suggestion: Change Immune to something more interesting

+
Immune seems boring as it severely reduces card interactions and "battle feel". Instead of immunity, I would like to suggest to give units armor, resilience (damage reduction) or slow automatic regeneration if damaged, so that you can at least damage/interact more with them, which makes it more interesting.

In case of Eredin's leader ability to give Immune, this is broken imo. There are cards out there that are powerful engines by themselves and Eredin can ensure that any of these cards is almost untouchable, let alone removable. The Yennefer: Conjurer - Eredin combo played early last round seems to become popular right now. Not much fun and insta forfeit if you're not running crazy boosts, especially with most cards being of similar strength. Instead of Immune, Eredin can give units armor or resilience or something. Frost armor such as in Witcher 3 would be cool :cool:

for immune, its simple dude, use a "destroy lowest enemy" card or "destroy highest card" its immune to "immune"
*pun intended

for immune, its simple dude, use a "destroy lowest enemy" card or "destroy highest card" its immune to "immune"
*pun intended

Scorch is too expensive

It's always funny to see people come up with very specific, unique and rare counters. What if the immune units are not the lowest or highest units?

On topic, I'm not talking about counters. The point I'm trying to make is that the focus should be on units fighting each other and Immune severely limits that. In a similar way, artifacts are currently also immune except for specific artifact removal cards and we have seen the feedback.

The point I'm trying to make is that the focus should be on units fighting each other

Looks like thats the case allover, which means the game is only tactical if you do damage. You should play a deck once that builds something and then review immunity again.

The point I'm trying to make is that the focus should be on units fighting each other

Looks like thats the case allover, which means the game is only tactical if you do damage. You should play a deck once that builds something and then review immunity again.
I got no idea what you mean by this.

Usually ingame the important units get killed imediately, so there's plenty of fighting if you ask me and immunity is a good defence against it. Damage is not the only way to win the game. But it requires to build up your plan, which is tough if a lot of key units get wasted within one round aboard.

Usually ingame the important units get killed imediately, so there's plenty of fighting if you ask me and immunity is a good defence against it. Damage is not the only way to win the game. But it requires to build up your plan, which is tough if a lot of key units get wasted within one round aboard.
I agree, but immunity doesn't make sense to me. Nothing is immune, but units can have all kinds of stuff to make them hard to kill (armor, resistance, regeneration or what not). Have fun playing Witcher 3 with some immune bosses :p

Personally, I do not mind immune effect. They were in the beta, and also nowdays and you can play around them. Especially if they are just pure points without any additional effects. What I find frustrating is that there are immune tags present also on the engines such as Milwa or Gabor which are freely gaining points without any possible feedback from your opponent. In the past, the only option how to boost your immune units was with the full moon, which was quite easily counterable by any faction, since almost every deck run silver mage. Now the only option is scorch/epidemic or G:igni... and it still easy to play around it

I understand that many effects and special keywords, such as armor, boons, or drain were removed because you want to release expansions focused only on some specific keywords (probably) and you want to keep classic set clean, with only basic dmg/boost cards (hopefully). Unfortunately, having non-interactive engine is just sad. Also sad is to have so much dmg dealing cards and removals, therefore all other engines are almost useless, but that is point for different discussion... Maybe you should wait with immune engines for future expansions where will be more ways how to play around them...

However, people tend to argue how completely useless is order ability of Seasenthessis. I find it as wonderful ability for combo decks and one of few cards with immune which can be countered by opponent since it usually is the tallest card on the field. Nevertheless, I would suggest to keep removed immunity until beginning of your next turn and slightly lower provision cost. I feed it will be much more balanced and requiring more planning for both players.

Last edited:
What I find frustrating is that there are immune tags present also on the engines such as Milwa or Gabor which are freely gaining points without any possible feedback from your opponent. In the past, the only option how to boost your immune units was with the full moon, which was quite easily counterable by any faction, since almost every deck run silver mage. Now the only option is scorch/epidemic or G:igni... and it still easy to play around it
Unfortunately, having non-interactive engine is just sad.
Exactly these points. Non-interactive cards and engines that can be created by leader Eredin and Avallach. The game will be more fun when cards can be made hard to remove, but not impossible to remove.

Just encountered one of the top non-interactive decks. Woodland Spirit running only immune units, artifacts and spells. CDPR, please fix this nonsense. Create focus on playing units like you did with MC Spear and WS Shield. All artifacts and spells should not work without a tutor or card on the board that "supports" these artifacts and spells. Also get rid of the non-interactive Immune. Non-interactive cards are just not fun in a game that is supposed to be highly interactive and strategic.

I completly agree that a different effect that wouldn't require such specific counters would be a lot better and more interesting. For example "Protected": A protected card takes no damage from any source, but if it would have received damage during the turn, the protected status will disappear at the end of the turn. This will allow engines to last at least a turn, but can be easily removed, if it isn't renewed.

Eredin for example could get 3 charges, which boost by 2 and give a unit Protected.
Avalach, can give a unit Protected, but has a 2 turn cooldown.

I completly agree that a different effect that wouldn't require such specific counters would be a lot better and more interesting. For example "Protected": A protected card takes no damage from any source, but if it would have received damage during the turn, the protected status will disappear at the end of the turn. This will allow engines to last at least a turn, but can be easily removed, if it isn't renewed.

Eredin for example could get 3 charges, which boost by 2 and give a unit Protected.
Avalach, can give a unit Protected, but has a 2 turn cooldown.
That sounds a lot more interesting than Immune! Or an ability to give armor (frost armor from Eredin) or units that slowly regenerate instead of being immune.

I can t write anywhere... So please change immune units. Some match i play against immune, immune, immune, artifact, artifact, artifact... I play alone.

Top Bottom