Suggestion: change the bonus faction challenge quests

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, as you may know, each faction challenge lets you choose a side and lasts a week or two. The winning side is the one people who chose it contributed with the most quests.

The 1st 5 faction challenge quests are either play/ win X rounds/matches or something faction specific, which is ok.

But after the 5th, you can theoretically do the 6th an infinite number of times. But here is the problem: this quest for the past 2 faction challenges has been 'do 3 daily quests'. This sucks, because means you can only contribute with a bonus completed quest every 3 days.

What this means is that after the first 5 quests are done, a player that plays 30min/1 hour a day will contribute as much as a player who plays 5 or 6 hours. Shouldnt this faction challenge be an incentive to play more and support our side? Because at the moment that is not the case, so please change it to something that doesnt involve waiting for quest resets.

P.S. - yes, i am speaking out of self-interest, because i want to do more quests in each faction challenge to complete the respective contracts. However that doesnt change the fact that it is a reasonable suggestion

Last edited:
I like that now we earn a reward point every time we contribute a point to the faction, and I think this is the reason that we limit the points.
We would earn many more reward points.

Current challenge system makes no sense - winners get nothing, loosing factions get rewarded, contribution is based on number of people who choose the faction.

The 6th quest should be faction related (win 6 games with <>). And the winning faction should get some reward - 5 keys and 2 faction kegs for example. Promoting underplayed factions with bonus XP is a good idea, but "punishing" winners is dumb.

I understand where you're coming from, OP, and I even agree to some extent -- but I also agree with what @Guerreroymago said.

An obvious compromise would be to change both the quest and its reward.

Current challenge system makes no sense - winners get nothing, loosing factions get rewarded, contribution is based on number of people who choose the faction.

The 6th quest should be faction related (win 6 games with <>). And the winning faction should get some reward - 5 keys and 2 faction kegs for example. Promoting underplayed factions with bonus XP is a good idea, but "punishing" winners is dumb.

Think about this:
In the challenges of factions people always take mostly the strongest factions.
After playing a week with the strongest faction, as is the faction with the most experience reward, they continue playing with it.
So the situation is more boring for the players because we almost always play against the same faction and even the same deck.

Rewarding the weak faction more than the others, you make it more interesting to play other decks.

It may not be logical that winning a challenge means less reward, but it clearly benefits the game.

Think about this:
In the challenges of factions people always take mostly the strongest factions.
After playing a week with the strongest faction, as is the faction with the most experience reward, they continue playing with it.
So the situation is more boring for the players because we almost always play against the same faction and even the same deck.

Rewarding the weak faction more than the others, you make it more interesting to play other decks.

It may not be logical that winning a challenge means less reward, but it clearly benefits the game.
I can't argue with that, but i still think winners should get something.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Pacifixer Agreed, in fact, in open beta the winning faction would grant their players actual rewards besides xp, that's how i got most of those borders that you get now for 25(!) faction challenge quests for each faction.

And this challenge in particular is a bit weird in giving the least xp to the winner but i guess its acceptable since its an incentive to play underplayed factions and it doesnt set a standard for other faction challenges.

@Draconifors Would winning 1 reward point for every bonus challenge quest be that much? Im already winning reward points from so many sources i dont even bother to know where they're coming from, i dont think it would break the system or anything.

Top Bottom