[suggestion] Changes for Daily Reward System

+
[suggestion] Changes for Daily Reward System

I have been thinking about daily reward system for a while. There is two main issues that has risen to my mind after week's worth of playing quite hefty amounts of hours.

Advancing levels only by winning is probably the biggest thing that makes some people think Gwent is pay2win and I am starting to see why they think so. In this model strong gets stronger and weaker are left to hope for some GGs. I think GGs are meant to fix this issue, but in my opinion they are more of a token nod towards losers. But, winning should also be rewarded, so this has some complex problems around it.

Another thing I have been thinking is how time consuming daily rewards can be. Especially with weaker decks. Couple of days ago I was trying different new decks and of course things were slow. Took me about three hours to get first two levels. But for new player or player who don't have too many cards for whatever reason it must be pain since they know that they are doing their best with the collection they have. This could go to the point, that people leave game. First those who have limited amount of time to play and money to use.

So, I have thought few different ways that could improve things and the one I think has most potential to fix things in both issues above. This assumes that there isn't going to be any major changes in reward system even after beta testing.

In a nutshell every game should advance player towards daily reward for the first daily level. When players win things stay as they are, but every single game gives you fraction towards the next question mark ie. 1/4. Meaning you get first reward wither with one win or 8 straight losses. Figure here is arbitrary but you get the picture. After first level players advance only by winning as they do now. This is to not take the value from winning away. But by getting first level just by playing gives everyone chance for one guaranteed keg per day.

There is of course problems with this type of reward system. First that comes to mind is bots. But that is inevitable even with current system with possibility of GG farming. Also when ranked play is implemented current reward system could be no problem at all.

All feedback and opinions of this suggestion for reward system is welcome.

PS. To clarify, I have personally only issues with the part where I play cartload of games to get that first level after 3 hours. Other than that, advancing by winning is okay to me.

Last edited:
ukkosenjumala;n6858150 said:
When players win things stay as they are, but every single game gives you fraction towards the next question mark ie. 1/4. Meaning you get first reward wither with one win or 8 straight losses.

That seems fair to me. as loosing 4 games is slower than trying to win 1.

ukkosenjumala;n6858150 said:
But by getting first level just by playing gives everyone chance for one guaranteed keg per day.

The first keg is only 2 wins as of right now.

Last edited:
bre3zer;n6858250 said:

bre3zer;n6858250 said:

Pretty sure there are 2 quests on the first level up, in addition to the level up. So you get 15x2 random resource and a 100 ore from first daily level up.

Last edited:
ZeppMan217;n6858410 said:
Pretty sure there are 2 quests on the first level up, in addition to the level up. So you get 15x2 random resource and a 100 ore from first daily level up.

Yeah, and it is fine in my opinion. Just the time it can take to get that first keg bothers me and I have all day to play at the moment. But then there are those who don't.

And i'm certain ^^

You get one Question mark bonus wich is 15 scraps or 15 ores. and the end level bonus is 100 ores. You can trust me on this one.

--- Updated 02-11-16, 18:05 ---

But it change nothing to the 3 next level of the daily. Still a good idea.

There should be rewards for playing any game:
Win: 5 Ore + 10 Scraps + Progress normally for daily rewards
Lose: 5 Scraps + Progress at 1/2 or 1/4 the speed for daily rewards

GGs is just a bonus.

Exentryk;n6862760 said:

GGs is just a bonus.

Exentryk;n6862760 said:

GGs is just a bonus.

Seems like they change something on the daily (Again) Take a look at my last post in my signature.

We are going to clarify visually the rewards system in the future.

So expect some changed to improve things a bit. We don't intended to change the actual rewards you receive at this time though.

Rethas;n6864370 said:
We are going to clarify visually the rewards system in the future.

So expect some changed to improve things a bit. We don't intended to change the actual rewards you receive at this time though.

But that doesn't change the actual problem of constant loosing being terribly frustrating. This is in addition to the fact that there seems to be no real matchmaking system and you are frequently fighting enemies which much more cards than you, making loosing fairly likely. It discourages new players greatly and having a constant influx of new players that keep playing is vital for a game like this to succeed.

Top Bottom