[Suggestion] Deck builder enhancement

+
[Suggestion] Deck builder enhancement

As seems to be the case with many card games akin to Gwent, there are some stout resources online to help with building a deck, www.GwentDB.com for instance. These sites serve a niche need for the more advanced players as well as a place to hold conversations about builds and the meta of the game at the time. All great things, but if you're in game and would like to work on a new deck there is a disconnect in having to minimize and pull up such a site.

Would it be possible, or even something that you would like to see, to have the ability to build a deck no matter whether or not you own the cards chosen to be assembled into a saved template? The idea here would not be to allow you to then utilize this deck in play but rather it would act similar to how pinning a recipe does in the Witcher 3. Once pinned, or in this case a template has been created, you would then see an indicator over the cards you have chosen while unlocking new cards from kegs as well as in the collection tab. This way you will recall that you wanted that Geralt: Igni when it shows up as your choice of a fifth card, rather than the enticing Ciri. Or once you have enough scrap to craft one of your chosen cards you do not have to consult a list or other database in order to recall which cards you have left to collect in order to flesh out your new deck.

It's something that perhaps won't see the most use and maybe not a feature some players will find handy, but for those of us with too many things on their minds or less focused game play habits would deeply benefit from.

I would love this. Even better: have the ability to load and save from/to templates, and download them into the game. So, you see a deck you'd like to build, you import a code of some sort, and the deck wizard in Gwent assembles the cards (if you have them) or at least the ones you do have (if you don't). I'm envisioning something like the way you could save and import builds in the original Guild Wars (obviously a very different game, but i think the idea applies).

No idea whether this is even feasible for the CDPR team, but like I said, would love to see it.

If this sort of feature is something that they were to add, then there is likely something they could do similar to what your describing. Hell, just incorporate similar tech to what GwentDB uses into the official site that links to your GoG account. You could then build a deck from anywhere you can access the page and use this feature to complete a deck immediately, or over time as you collect and craft the required cards.

Not that I need a reason to theory craft builds while at work, but something like this that would keep your mind craving another build, another round can only be beneficial for the health of the game overall.

Yeah, that's a good way to put it. Something simple as far as an interface but likely a lot of work under the hood. I think it would add a lot of utility to building a deck.

Top Bottom