Suggestion for devs: BUFF BALLISTA (BRIEF AND DETAILED EXPLANATION HERE)

+
Ballista needs a buff. Why? Because Lyrian Arbalest is a better version of that card with the same provision cost. That's why nobody plays it.

So buff Ballista in one of these two ways:

-Changing the provision cost for this card from 5 to 4 with the same and current ability (only 1 charge).

Or

-Changing its ability to: Order: Damage a unit by 1. Charge: 1. Gain 1 Charge whenever you play a machine. (Maintaining its current provision cost: 5)

*The buff is necessary because in its current state Ballista is useless if you can choose Lyrian Arbalest (gaining charges when playing units with order) for the same provision cost.

Also the same thing happens with Cintrian Spellweaver (gaining charges whenever you play a Mage) so that's why devs must buff Ballista a little bit.

Last edited:
I always believed the reason why Ballista had the same provisions as Lyrian Arabalest was, because the 1 extra strength makes it harder to remove, so the player has the choice between a safer and a more risky card to include in his deck. And I believe it is ok for bronze cards to be similar as long as they offer different choices.
Also Ballista has some synergies with magine support cards.

Nonetheless, the card that bothers me compared to Ballista isn't Lyrian Arabalest, but Cyntrian Spellweaver, which has the same provisions and strength as ballista, but has a charge generating ability, such that it is a clearly better version of Ballista.

Therefore, I would support either of your suggestions.
Charge decks currently lack a good 4 provision card, so decreasing the provisions by 1 might help that. And otherwise giving the card more synergies with machines is also great and could support a machine archetype.

Yes. I made this post because these suggestions are much better than the current state of that card.

Your suggestions only makes sense. Since it is card game based on numbers (and not a complicated number based game like a moba), when some card is underpowered or overpowered, i think it is usually obvious just by looking at numbers (unless the card has some exotic ability like Regis) This is one of those cases. Both your suggestions are fine and one of them should happen.

Your suggestions only makes sense. Since it is card game based on numbers (and not a complicated number based game like a moba), when some card is underpowered or overpowered, i think it is usually obvious just by looking at numbers (unless the card has some exotic ability like Regis) This is one of those cases. Both your suggestions are fine and one of them should happen.

Thank you.

Top Bottom