Suggestion for DLCs

+
Here is my personal list of suggestions for DLCs for cyberpunk 2077. Many of those were already presented in another thread but I include them here to have them all in one place.
  • A much bigger selection of clothing should be included. There are many pieces of clothing worn by background NPCs which V should be able to wear but sadly are only available through mods.
  • V should like Jackie be able to use two pistols at the same time. That would not be very precise and V's body attribute should be at a certain level, but it would be fun.
  • Although I am not a big fan of mods, I think that an official mod manager is needed.
  • Up until now there is only one short minor side quest for each of the three lifepaths. There should be more of them and they should be longer.
  • It would also be great if it were possible to use swords, bows and crossbows. Well, sword would simply be similiar to katanas and the other bladed weapons but dows and crossbows would perhaps need perk category.
  • I really miss the fashionware which is an integral part of the source material. While you can change some cosmetics at V's home all other changes should be available for a price at a ripperdoc.
  • I've just found a single NPC with extreme cosmetic body modifications during a NCPD scanner mission. There should more of them.
  • There should also be more Cyborg.
  • It would be great if there were additional lifepaths like for example a former cop or media or rockerboy.
  • I also would like to see a couple of side quest in which V meets Ciri and has to help her.
  • There should also be a couple of sidequest about motorcycle races.
  • There should be more car chases in which V is NOT the driver but the "gunner".
  • A longer post main story quest line would also be great and could be used to explain the discrepancies between the game and the original source material.
  • A nightvision mod for the Kiroshi Optics would be great. Alternatively this could be a feature for legendary Kiroshi Optics.
  • Third-person photo mode should also be available if you are sitting, lying or leaning somewhere.
  • It should also be possible to upgrade non-iconic equipment up to legendary.
  • The game also needs more convertables. Because ...
  • ... it would be great if it were possible to drive with V's romantic partner in V's vehicle from one location to another.
  • It would also be great if it were possible t0o invite V's romantic partner to one of V's apartements.
So, that's all for now. But more will come. What do you think about them?

I like some of the idea's but the romance option's are a 100% hell yeah. Even maybe get that vending machine in V's apartment to order a joy toy.

Swords exist in the game and have there own perk group

Third person camera mode exists

You can craft legendary weapons that aren't iconic

I can tell you right now bows and crossbows will never be added, but you have some solid ideas.

Personally, I’d love to see a crime dlc with more random crime (cyberpsychos, mugging, robbery, etc) Maybe you can join or lead a gang, or do more story based and random NCPD/MaxTac stuff. The game could really use a vigilante mode like GTA SA.
Really, any DLC that gives a consistent reason to keep playing would be good.

Japanese katanas exit, but not european swords.
But not in every situation. I want a third person camera mode when V is using the sitting icon.
That's not what i meant. And weapons are not the problem. The clothing is the problem. Let's assume you've found the perfect style for your V, but none of these pieces of clothing have a quality better than rare or even uncommon. So you have to abandon that style if you want your V to wear epic or legendary clothing.

Beside the usualy stuff like more acess to the countless buildings of night city, more npc interaction and the six month with Jackie being actually playable and not only a slideshow what i am really missing in that the game recognizes the players playstyle of V.

Be it only by the highest ability (body, coolness, reflex ect) or actually by differ between V sneaking from takedown to takedown, cyberfrying every victims brain, headshooting from safe distanz or waltzing through the crowd in melee like the Hulk. To me it seems like the whole world around our char is blind of our activities beside of few spots at wich we trigger a quest completed or failed no matter how we achieved it. The only real impact we get is if we only killed the target or everybody, thats it. How we actually did it.. nobody cares.

V simply succeedes somehow. While famours mercenaries of night city have a profession, being net runners or chrome monsters close to cyberpsychosis or sneaky shadows, our V is neither of this or all of this *shrugs*

Here is my personal list of suggestions for DLCs for cyberpunk 2077. Many of those were already presented in another thread but I include them here to have them all in one place.
  • A much bigger selection of clothing should be included. There are many pieces of clothing worn by background NPCs which V should be able to wear but sadly are only available through mods.
  • V should like Jackie be able to use two pistols at the same time. That would not be very precise and V's body attribute should be at a certain level, but it would be fun.
  • Up until now there is only one short minor side quest for each of the three lifepaths. There should be more of them and they should be longer.
  • I've just found a single NPC with extreme cosmetic body modifications during a NCPD scanner mission. There should more of them.
  • There should also be more Cyborg.
  • I really miss the fashionware which is an integral part of the source material. While you can change some cosmetics at V's home all other changes should be available for a price at a ripperdoc.
  • There should also be a couple of sidequest about motorcycle races.
  • There should be more car chases in which V is NOT the driver but the "gunner".
  • A nightvision mod for the Kiroshi Optics would be great. Alternatively this could be a feature for legendary Kiroshi Optics.
  • Third-person photo mode should also be available if you are sitting, lying or leaning somewhere.
  • It should also be possible to upgrade non-iconic equipment up to legendary.
  • it would be great if it were possible to drive with V's romantic partner in V's vehicle from one location to another.
  • It would also be great if it were possible t0o invite V's romantic partner to one of V's apartements.
The above, I agree with these in principle. They would simply be good and fitting additions to the game. (I may not use them all, but would be nice to have regardless)
With regards to the races, this should be expanded on in general, same with story elements, branching and LIs/hookups.

• Although I am not a big fan of mods, I think that an official mod manager is needed.
  • It would also be great if it were possible to use swords, bows and crossbows. Well, sword would simply be similiar to katanas and the other bladed weapons but dows and crossbows would perhaps need perk category.
  • I also would like to see a couple of side quest in which V meets Ciri and has to help her.
The above I disagree with (heavily) because they are unfiting in this universe (the sword, bow thing) or are not needed. Also I'm not a fan of doing some weird crossover shit between cyberpunk and witcher (or any other game for that matter), they are different universes and should remain so.
  • It would be great if there were additional lifepaths like for example a former cop or media or rockerboy.
I dont think this one perse should be a new unique lifepath, but it could be something to transition into.
I however think it would play too little of a part to really make a difference of any kind.
  • A longer post main story quest line would also be great and could be used to explain the discrepancies between the game and the original source material.
The source material is exactly that: a source... as in: based on. I dont see the point what or why there should be something explicitly pointing out differences? This seems weird...
The game also needs more convertables. Because ...
You may have to explain this one, because I dont understand what you mean? Unless you're referring to cars. then I would agree.

The above, I agree with these in principle. They would simply be good and fitting additions to the game. (I may not use them all, but would be nice to have regardless)
With regards to the races, this should be expanded on in general, same with story elements, branching and LIs/hookups.
Thank you, that you like most of my suggestions.
The above I disagree with (heavily) because they are unfiting in this universe (the sword, bow thing) or are not needed. Also I'm not a fan of doing some weird crossover shit between cyberpunk and witcher (or any other game for that matter), they are different universes and should remain so.
In the Cyberpunk RPG you can use those weapons. And there is at least one Solo (Zara in the short story Black Dog) who prefers bows to firearms.
The idea of having Ciri appearing in the game is based on a short scene in Witcher III in which she describes a world she had been visiting which could have been the world of Cyberpunk.
The suggestion of an official mod manager is based on the fact that many mods exit for this game and there are different meothods to implement these mods.
I dont think this one perse should be a new unique lifepath, but it could be something to transition into.
I however think it would play too little of a part to really make a difference of any kind.
Two of the existing lifepaths (Nomad, Corpo) are based on two roles from the RPG (Nomad , Exec). (The street kid is the only lifepath not based on a role.) That's the reason I suggested that the other roles that are not implemented either as lifepaths (Nomad, Exec) or as builds (Netrunner, Solo, Tech) could be included as alternate lifepaths: V could be a media whose credibility has been destroyed by a rival or a corp, or cop who was forced to leave the NCPD on trumped-up charges, or ...
The source material is exactly that: a source... as in: based on. I dont see the point what or why there should be something explicitly pointing out differences? This seems weird...
The big question is, is Cyberpunk 2077 part of the overall Cyberpunk continuity which is depicted in three of the four editions of the Cyberunk RPG? If the answer is yes, then it is important that the contradictions are explained and resolved.
You may have to explain this one, because I dont understand what you mean? Unless you're referring to cars. then I would agree.
I mean cars. Up until now the Villefort Avalrado "Vato" is the only convertible car in the game. I really would like to see more of those.

Thank you, that you like most of my suggestions.
well, if they are good, then they are good ;)
In the Cyberpunk RPG you can use those weapons. And there is at least one Solo (Zara in the short story Black Dog) who prefers bows to firearms.
The idea of having Ciri appearing in the game is based on a short scene in Witcher III in which she describes a world she had been visiting which could have been the world of Cyberpunk.
The suggestion of an official mod manager is based on the fact that many mods exit for this game and there are different meothods to implement these mods.
Still, I don't think bows and arrow is thi kinda game. You can think differently ofcourse :) hence why I didn't agree. And the same applies to Ciri, I just dont like making these crossovers real much. So far the only one I was able to stomach is the Marvel one. but in games I'm not a fan at all.
Two of the existing lifepaths (Nomad, Corpo) are based on two roles from the RPG (Nomad , Exec). (The street kid is the only lifepath not based on a role.) That's the reason I suggested that the other roles that are not implemented either as lifepaths (Nomad, Exec) or as builds (Netrunner, Solo, Tech) could be included as alternate lifepaths: V could be a media whose credibility has been destroyed by a rival or a corp, or cop who was forced to leave the NCPD on trumped-up charges, or ...
I suppose here is where I mention that I don't know the P&P game so I dont particulairly care(d) much about that.
The way they are presented in the game are fine with me, and as I mentioned I could see more divergence come from what the core character might be.
Based on your description I could say that media V was in fact a corpo who then became involved in media affairs, contrary to her current play of counter-espionage (or whatever it was)
main lifepath would still be a 'corpo' but with different classification.
In essence it could be cool, but I'm not entirely convinced of the added value at this point. <-- not to say it couldn't be an interesting addition in the future though.
The big question is, is Cyberpunk 2077 part of the overall Cyberpunk continuity which is depicted in three of the four editions of the Cyberunk RPG? If the answer is yes, then it is important that the contradictions are explained and resolved.
Well, as above.. dont know about that, to me this game is a stand alone which takes its derivates from whatever background or source.
I dont view it as part of anything, nor do I believe its the point. But maybe someone else has different ideas here.
As far as my view goes, I interpet and believe this game is its own cornerstone and foundation for the future, and not so much an installment amongst those in the past. And in that light, therefore I dont think a comparison needs to be drawn.
I mean cars. Up until now the Villefort Avalrado "Vato" is the only convertible car in the game. I really would like to see more of those.
I view the Mizutani MZT also as a convertible but still, when talking cars there's always room for some more.
An open top Type-66 would also be cool.

I suppose here is where I mention that I don't know the P&P game so I dont particulairly care(d) much about that.
It is always a good idea to know the source material.
The way they are presented in the game are fine with me, and as I mentioned I could see more divergence come from what the core character might be.
Based on your description I could say that media V was in fact a corpo who then became involved in media affairs, contrary to her current play of counter-espionage (or whatever it was)
main lifepath would still be a 'corpo' but with different classification.
In essence it could be cool, but I'm not entirely convinced of the added value at this point. <-- not to say it couldn't be an interesting addition in the future though.
A media should have other dialogue options than a corpo. There are some quest in which it would be very helpfull, if V had been a media or a lawman etc. before becoming a merc.
I view the Mizutani MZT also as a convertible but still, when talking cars there's always room for some more.
An open top Type-66 would also be cool.
But sadly you cannot own the MZT.

It is always a good idea to know the source material.
Personally I disagree in the sence that a work of .. something.. should be able to stand on its own. Its not always in the same way or for equal amounts. But I dont feel like I should know the P&P game if talking CP77.
I view it more as something that someone may delve into in order to enrich themselves with that additional info.
Also I would like to reiterate, I view CP77 as a standalone and "start" (partially because its the first videogame) unless someone would truly confirm it in fact IS be a sequel to something, only then will I revise my view accordingly.
A media should have other dialogue options than a corpo. There are some quest in which it would be very helpfull, if V had been a media or a lawman etc. before becoming a merc.
I didn't say you would not have different options in dialogue now did I ;)
That could still be present. All I was saying is that from the current 3 lifepaths that we have, which dictate our past-character, you dont specifically need a new one, just a subclass as part of the current ones.
But I think we're then diverging too much from what they are currently and introducing whole new subclasses is quite a big change.

Hence why I ultimately concluded (for myself) that I don't miss not having them alltogether.

Personally I disagree in the sence that a work of .. something.. should be able to stand on its own. Its not always in the same way or for equal amounts. But I dont feel like I should know the P&P game if talking CP77.
I view it more as something that someone may delve into in order to enrich themselves with that additional info.
Also I would like to reiterate, I view CP77 as a standalone and "start" (partially because its the first videogame) unless someone would truly confirm it in fact IS be a sequel to something, only then will I revise my view accordingly.
Cyberpunk 2077 is a sequel to the overall Cyberpunk storyline which started with Cyberpunk 2013 and thus cannot be considered a standalone product.

As far as we know it is. The only person who can tell us otherwise is Mike Pondsmith himself.
Well, I continuously hear "its based on" which in my perspective is something entirely different than being a sequel (contiinuation of..)
so unless CDPR says it was intended as a sequel to the P&Pgame, I view it not as such.

But I think we can mull it over with each their own perspective, so maybe lets agree to disagree :)
Also we have been going a bit offtopic with it too, so getting the topic back on track with potential DLC suggestions might be a good thing to do.

Not really a DLC suggestion but just a feature suggestion:
Please make it possible to turn off the so-called gender-neutral language (with a asterix in the middle of a word) in the German localization. Not all Germans like those!

Third person on foot would be cool. Instead of zooming in and out the vehicle
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Make a Third person on foot option. If gta5 can do it you can too. It makes platform jumping easier and fun to see you customized Character in action.

I honestly wouldnt mind additional mini games in Cyberpunk, like the ability to play a game of pool, or the arcade games. Gambling areas with card games and whatever else would be great too.

More suggestions:
  • Cars and pedestrians should abide the traffic laws, which they often do not (e.g. waiting on green or driving/going on red).
  • There should be a way to hide clothing.
  • It should be possible to use the equipped weapons in photo mode.
  • New major side jobs which open up new endings.
  • The TV in V's apartement is too quiet. It should also be possible to swithc it on which out sitting on the couch.
EDIT:
  • The number of mod slots should be based on the quality of an item.

Last edited:
Top Bottom