[Suggestion] Give both players a draw after connection problems

+
[Suggestion] Give both players a draw after connection problems

So, couple of times I've got connection problems while playing ranked or casual. Sometimes connection crashed after I won one match and it gives me loss and opponent gets 2 wins for some reason. Sometimes I start loading, then game throws me into endgame screen with 2 round wins. So I've got both free wins and autoloses with that system, but it still feels inconsistent and weird. You can win one round and be near winning other, bam - you lose, or you win, and nothing you can do about it. While after servers get fixed it won't be so much of a problem, people with bad connection or glitchy one still will get bad experience.

So I propose that if game ends because of connection problems, both players get draw, no mmr point change, and no round wins. It won't let people try to abuse system, because it will give nothing after disconnect. I do see that it could be used as a way to not lose points after clearly losing round, so maybe let players keep wins from rounds that already ended? So, it'll work something like that:

P1 and P2 didn't finish first round - disconnect - draw, no wins, no exp\rank change
P1 won 1 round, P2 none - disconnect - P1 wins, gets 1 round win, usual exp, no rank change
P1 and P2 got 1 round win both - disconnect - draw, both 1 round win, usual exp, no rank change

Of course that's just what I thought out, feel free to give your suggestions.

gapaot;n8914210 said:
So I propose that if game ends because of connection problems, both players get draw, no mmr point change, and no round wins. It won't let people try to abuse system, because it will give nothing after disconnect.

It can will be abused and it does give you something. When you are on the verge of losing, then faking a disconnect, prevents you from gaining a loss and losing MMR.

While I believe a solution should be found for the disconnection problems, this is not it.

This is an age-old problem since the dawn of online gaming.

Companies have tried systems where dc's give less of a penalty than a regular loss, but then you have to fight abuse cases and when you have hundreds of thousands of players it isn't so easy to enforce effectively.

When SFV tried this system it became a MASSIVE problem very quickly that put a big drain on Capcom to try to enforce. In the end it just isn't worth the trouble.

Even in closed environments like in esports events, a disconnect generally = a loss (and in the best case scenario a rematch). The burden of proof is just too large, as much as it sucks.

Top Bottom