Suggestion: Keep main quest level still challenging after u played too many sidequests

+
Suggestion: Keep main quest level still challenging after u played too many sidequests

I played alot of side quests before continuing the main quests. Now many main quests becomming too easy. Its still nice though, but i would love that in future patches the level cap between main quests and ur character has a maximum, so its still challenging for a player.

The game already tries to limit over-leveling by reducing the XP given for quests more than 5 levels below the player. But level scaling quests so that they are always at least at the same level as the player may not be a popular idea.

I know, but what i mean is that after u played alot of side quests and continue the main quest 15 levels lower, its not challenging when u can kill a boss like creature in 2 hits for example.

I still don't get why people are against level scaling for quests where you are clearly way too over-leveled? I only find it a reasonable and sensible decision so that you won't miss precious XP.

I know, but what i mean is that after u played alot of side quests and continue the main quest 15 levels lower, its not challenging when u can kill a boss like creature in 2 hits for example.

Doesn't have to be challanging.
The balancement in an RPG is not "having a constant challange through the entire game", but it's a balancement per level.
If you level up, and your character is stronger than the enemies you face, then you have to kill them easily.

Level scaling breaks anything related to character progression, because it became useless.

Guest 3847602

Level scaling breaks anything related to character progression, because it became useless.

Meh I'd like instead to get those Exp points that otherwise you'll be missing if you don't do quest in a certain order. You end up being overleveled and waltz through missions way too easily while level scaling make sure that you still are going to have a challenge.
Main quests should have level scaling IMO. I don't want to be punished with an easier game and less exp points just because I like exploring and doing secondary quests.

Last edited:
Level scaling the enemies is the only answer imo. People are adamantly against it, yet it's already in the game with the quest and gear restrictions. I honestly think level scaling the enemies would have been better.

IMO, there should not be so much difference between lvl 1 and 30, in terms of power. 2 or 3x more powerful would be enough.
This way, even a lvl 1 monster would be a threat in the end game.

Besides, this would be far more realistic.

AND:
- gear should not be level limited
- level character should not be a stat. Only character stats should matter (like in Dark Souls).

The problem, actually is that this open world becomes very linear if you always want to fight monsters at your level.

Last edited:
IMO, there should not be so much difference between lvl 1 and 30, in terms of power. 2 or 3x more powerful would be enough.
This way, even a lvl 1 monster would be a threat in the end game.

Actually, there are already mods that do exactly that. There is in fact a kind of "inverse level scaling" in the vanilla game that buffs enemies that are more than 5 levels above the player by a significant amount (these enemies have a red skull icon), and the opposite is done if they are more than 5 levels below the player. Disabling this reduces the effect of large level differences quite a bit.

I dont mean that the main quests need to be necesairy the exact level as you main character, but it would be more attractive in my opinion that you can be maximum 3 levels higher of a main quest just to keep it a little bit challenging after you played alot of side quests. Otherwise i feel you are forced to finish the main quest as soon as possible to prevent a big level difference.

On the other hand, side quest level difference is fine by me, because that is something the player has more freedom and control of and is not related to the main storyline.

Top Bottom